Books!

TV, Movies, Music, Books and all that other entertainment type stuff...
Crow
Level 12
Level 12

Post by Crow »

Reviving this thread!

I've read a lot of books, but most of it's just stuff aimed at kids and teenagers.

One of my favourite series, which I read a few books of, is The Quentaris Chronicles. It's written by several different Australian authors. I reckon it's what got me into fantasy. I also loved reading anything by Paul Jennings, the Australian author. He also co-wrote Deadly! with another author, Morris Gleitzman. It was a six-part story and I had all of the books into one huge one. It was an awesome story and I really enjoyed it.
TCB
Level 15
Level 15

Post by TCB »

Started reading this novel my neighbor lent me; Heart Shaped Box by Joe Hill. At first the premise seemed as basic; an avid collector buys a suit of an fake eBay site. Normal right? Nope - he was tricked into buying the thing by some woman who had a vandetta against him for causing the death of her sister, whom he lived with.

And wow...this thread is back...yay.
Quills on Wheels
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Quills on Wheels »

I'm more of the spy kids fan. Books like Cherub or Alex rider are my main interest.

Even yet, I don't mind reading other action books like kids on the run and stuff. I recently finished the Conspiracy 365 books. Though I still have Revenge, the extra final book, to go but I'll read it when I find it in the library.

Every now and then, I also find fiction books about kids and Egypt. I'm not too big when it comes to history but I do like Egypt and it's... life. I finally found the second book of the Kane Chronicles in the library so I'm gonna start reading it after I re-read The first book, Red Pyramid to refresh my mind.
Crow
Level 12
Level 12

Post by Crow »

I forgot to mention Carole Wilkinson, another children's author!

She wrote this great trilogy about a girl in China who raises a dragon.

I even have the dragon encyclopedia she wrote! It's got some nice illustrations too.
TCB
Level 15
Level 15

Post by TCB »

huntergemini wrote:I forgot to mention Carole Wilkinson, another children's author!

She wrote this great trilogy about a girl in China who raises a dragon.

I even have the dragon encyclopedia she wrote! It's got some nice illustrations too.
Sounds interesting; is there some picture of it somewhere? I'm sure there is...please?
Crow
Level 12
Level 12

Post by Crow »

TheChaosBlue wrote:Sounds interesting; is there some picture of it somewhere? I'm sure there is...please?

I did a search for the illustrator of the dragon encyclopedia, with no luck.

All I could find was the cover of the book;

http://img713.imageshack.us/img713/1452 ... iginal.jpg

Dragonkeeper was the name of the series I mentioned.

http://www.carolewilkinson.com.au/books/dragonkeeper
TCB
Level 15
Level 15

Post by TCB »

huntergemini wrote:I did a search for the illustrator of the dragon encyclopedia, with no luck.

All I could find was the cover of the book;

http://img713.imageshack.us/img713/1452 ... iginal.jpg

Dragonkeeper was the name of the series I mentioned.

http://www.carolewilkinson.com.au/books/dragonkeeper

Cool cover; getting some good vibes from this. Might look it up on TV Tropes perhaps.
Reknoc
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Reknoc »

TV Tropes seems like a weird site to use to research something.

Added Game of Thrones to shit I need to read now, even started it and everything... I really need to buy a new lamp and some power cable extensions.
TCB
Level 15
Level 15

Post by TCB »

Reknoc wrote:TV Tropes seems like a weird site to use to research something.

Added Game of Thrones to shit I need to read now, even started it and everything... I really need to buy a new lamp and some power cable extensions.

It's not like I research everything there mind you; it's just that I tend to look up informal subjects and things there. Everthing else, such as formal and offical studies, to offical sources.

That's how I go about it.
Reknoc
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Reknoc »

But surely all TVTropes is going to do is spoil stuff.