Pokémon

Non-SEGA? Shove your general gaming posts in here...
Kaito-kun
Level 15
Level 15
Preferred pronouns: He/Him/They

Post by Kaito-kun »

No Pikachu, no Charizard, no Typhlosion, no Duskull, no...Crappy generation 4 pokémon: Black and white will only have new Pokémon.
ShadowPhantom
level 11
level 11

Post by ShadowPhantom »

Really? Well this will be ...different.
Rayne
Level 12
Level 12

Post by Rayne »

Kaito-kun wrote:No Pikachu, no Charizard, no Typhlosion, no Duskull, no...Crappy generation 4 pokémon: Black and white will only have new Pokémon.
That'll work great so long as they completely rule out trades. It'd be nice to have a Pokedex that's actually possible to complete for once.
Kaito-kun
Level 15
Level 15
Preferred pronouns: He/Him/They

Post by Kaito-kun »

Rayne wrote:That'll work great so long as they completely rule out trades. It'd be nice to have a Pokedex that's actually possible to complete for once.
Don't worry, after you beat the Elite Four you can import your Pokémon over, but for the most part it'll be all new monsters: At least it means no bloody Zubats every three steps in a cave.

Edit: Japanese advert:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ktvVS-Ui_s

DSi functionality and the legendaries have rockets on their bums.
Rayne
Level 12
Level 12

Post by Rayne »

No no no no. I don't want to f***ing import my pokemon over. Pokemon got crap because it ended up having a pokedex of about 500 pokemon, 400 of which could only be obtained through the older games (or, if you owned a DSi with no GBA slot, simply couldn't be obtained)
Gavvie
Show DJ
Show DJ

Post by Gavvie »

And this is why Pokémon sucks :P

Should've just left it at Red/Blue/Yellow, if I'm being honest. Pokémon Stadium and Stadium 2 were good spin-off games, but from Gold/Silver, it just started getting ridiculous.
Gonic
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Gonic »

Gold and sliver were best Pokemon games in my case. Though i have to admit im surprised there making new pokemon for black and white. After all they did get to the creator of all pokemon, time and space etc lol
Shockerbey
level 11
level 11

Post by Shockerbey »

Kaito-kun wrote:No Pikachu, no Charizard, no Typhlosion, no Duskull, no...Crappy generation 4 pokémon: Black and white will only have new Pokémon.
does that really not go against the idea of "catchin em all" surely u can trade across from silver diamond etc i think this is the end of pokemon though
Matty
Level 14
Level 14

Post by Matty »

For me, it should have ended after ruby/sapphire,

yes they arent that good but they brought something new to the series, the double battles, the new villans (and in emmerald) the battle frontier, now theres just too many pokemon to keep track of, i can barely remmeber the strengths/weaknesses of 386, i do not need another 200 or so

now the remakes are pretty good i'm happy with them, but how they've forced the new generation into heart gold/SS annoys me as i have not played those games so dont understand their weaknesses

but yeah back on track i like the fact that none of the older gen pokemon will be in on a 1st time playthrough, i hate the fact they're dragging the series on, but like that they're doing that

wouldn't of hurt them to do it in diamond/pearl so we can get used to it >.>
Reknoc
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Reknoc »

Gavvie wrote:And this is why Pokémon sucks :P

Should've just left it at Red/Blue/Yellow, if I'm being honest. Pokémon Stadium and Stadium 2 were good spin-off games, but from Gold/Silver, it just started getting ridiculous.
Yea but we already know you have bad taste in RPGs.
Matty wrote:For me, it should have ended after ruby/sapphire,

yes they arent that good but they brought something new to the series, the double battles, the new villans (and in emmerald) the battle frontier, now theres just too many pokemon to keep track of, i can barely remmeber the strengths/weaknesses of 386, i do not need another 200 or so
uh what? You don't need to remember 386 stengths/weaknesses unless I've missed a few hundred Pokemon games and there's that many types.
Shockerbey wrote:does that really not go against the idea of "catchin em all" surely u can trade across from silver diamond etc i think this is the end of pokemon though
lol no.

I'm surprised they're gonna keep it new Pokemon only. Actually it's pretty neat, keeps it fresh and will be like playing Red and Blue again.