Do you buy too many games?

Non-SEGA? Shove your general gaming posts in here...
richarddavies
Level 14
Level 14

Do you buy too many games?

Post by richarddavies »

I was just thinking the other day about how many games I buy for all my systems and whether I buy too many. In the past year I have bought about a dozen Dreamcast games, 15 original xbox games, about 30 PS2 games, A handful of Pc games. And Some station 1 games. None of which I have finished since purchasing or to be honest even played really due to time and the fact that I buy this gen games pretty often too so they take up most of my gaming time. I know im never going to get much time for them but whenever I see a bargain I have to pick them up. Do any of you guys buy games simply because you love a bargain or you just love collecting them.

EDIT: I just thought I've got a fair few Saturn games i've not even looked at yet, christ...
Rayne
Level 12
Level 12

Post by Rayne »

I certainly used to, had about 700 games and had only played about 120 of them (if that). I was more of a collector than a gamer, recently sold most of it off. Now I aim to actually play the games I buy, took out a LoveFilm sub to stop me impulse buying games too :)
Kaito-kun
Level 15
Level 15
Preferred pronouns: He/Him/They

Post by Kaito-kun »

At the moment? Yes. I've got a small pile I haven't touched yet simply because it seemed like a good deal or because it was tempting.
richarddavies
Level 14
Level 14

Post by richarddavies »

^That's me really. Im at a point where I buy games whenever I have money spare but I know full well I don't have any time for the games I've already got so I don't know why I keep buying them. I need to calm it down a bit.
Matty
Level 14
Level 14

Post by Matty »

Yes

ill buy 1 or 2 a week (yeah its only a few quid) but there's a pile of games in my wardrobe (about 30 high from various systems) which i haven't played yet :$
Gavvie
Show DJ
Show DJ

Post by Gavvie »

I've had to slow my spending down, but I'm still privvy to the odd game here or there. Think I've bought 5 or 6 this month alone, although most of them were cheap.
Reknoc
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Reknoc »

Only during Steam sales. I end up buying so much crap I don't really have much intention of playing or won't even run on my computer but they're always dirt cheap so how can I refuse.
Killer French Bread
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Killer French Bread »

I think I've bought 4 games this year, downloaded a bit of stuff too. There was a time when I'd buy anything my wages would stretch too but that was a while ago now.
Tic Tac, sir?
Tru
Level 14
Level 14

Post by Tru »

Since starting Uni, I have spent hundreds of pounds on new consoles and games. Put it this way, I never had a PSP or a DS or a gaming computer since before Uni, and there are lots of other things as well. New 360, Dreamcast games, loads of games that I haven't even played yet.

Sometimes I buy games just for fun, almost in the same way a normal woman would buy shoes >_>

I'm trying to save up this year, so I'm cutting my spending down, but I am very aware that my biggest expense in life IS gaming :)
Mena
Level 6
Level 6

Post by Mena »

C-c-c-combo breaker!

I last bought myself a game 4 months ago, and in the last year I think there's only been 3. Ask me how many games I buy in general though and that number will probably go up to 15 in a year. I'm not much of a gamer these days but ahh, the things to do for love...