Gaming News

Non-SEGA? Shove your general gaming posts in here...
Twinny
News Team
News Team
Preferred pronouns: He/Him

Post by Twinny »

Hey have you heard? The first Nintendo Direct of 2015 is happening this coming Wednesday.

United States:

Europe:

Always like it when Ninty announces these things, gets the people buzzing, whether it be positive or negative. Anything you think may be announced other than what we know? The New 3DS is rumored to have its release date reveal during the stream.
Attachments
Screenshot_4.jpg
Screenshot_3.jpg
Radio:SEGA: Gang Since October 2010

Reknoc
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Reknoc »

Seems like the currant rumour doing the rounds is that the new 3DS will be out in the US next month. Europe should be similar since they've sent out the ambassador ones recently. All I want from the direct is a MonHun4 date and maybe a Xenoblade X date.
Twinny
News Team
News Team

Post by Twinny »

I want to know more about Splatoon. Sure, I'll never own the game because I don't own a Wii U (tho my brother may, lucky...) but still interested in the game anyway.

Reknoc
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Reknoc »

Splatoon looks really good, but at the same time I feel like I kinda know everything I want to know about it.

Well, other than a release date I guess.
Twinny
News Team
News Team

Post by Twinny »

Reknoc wrote:Splatoon looks really good, but at the same time I feel like I kinda know everything I want to know about it.

Well, other than a release date I guess.
The date is pretty much the only thing left, unless there's some new mode or two something similar.

I hope we get more info on SEGA's 3D Classics tho.

TCB
Level 15
Level 15

Post by TCB »

Ooooh Nintendo Direct. Been s little while since the last one (I think?) What I'm looking forward to seeing:

New 3DS news; there has been a leak that's turning out to be legit from a GameStop employee here that hints at a February 13th release.

Splatoon (as far as a release date goes), Kirby & the Rainbow Curse, that Smash content patch that was alluded to last year, and general 3DS news.
Twinny
News Team
News Team

Post by Twinny »

So the Nintendo Direct happened. It was pretty alright. Course I didn't care for the Xenoblade or Zelda stuff as usual but we finally gotten that release date for the New Nintendo 3DS...XL. Yeah we're only getting that edition in North America for some reason. Anyway, Feb 13th release date for the system.

As for my favorite parts of it, here they are:
  • Pokemon Shuffle
  • Kirby
  • New amiibo
  • SPLATOOOOON
  • SEGA 3D Classics (YES)
  • New 3DS XL
  • "Exclusively" at GameStop. heueueue
Also, am I seriously seeing people who I know are existing 3DS owners complaining about the lack of AC adapters with the n3DSXL? Hello, do you still own past 3DS AC adapters...? That's just silly to me. I have an adapter and I'll use it if I ever owned the new system. It's not that hard. I know it's "common practice" but still.

Reknoc
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Reknoc »

I guess people wanted to get rid of their old 3DS for the new one. Doesn't really bother me, it's been like that since the XL here, and I still have about 5 of the things hanging around. Overall I'm happy with the direct, the MonHun demo and date is nice but I'm not happy about the bundle being an XL since I want to get faceplates. X still looks amazing but only Japan got a date for it (April). Xenoblade Chronicle 3DS looks quite ugly but I'll probably get it to justify my New 3DS purchase. Majora's Mask is releasing way sooner than I thought. New Rhythm Heaven should excite Kaito though its only been announced for Japan so far.
Gonic
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Gonic »

Reknoc wrote:I guess people wanted to get rid of their old 3DS for the new one. Doesn't really bother me, it's been like that since the XL here, and I still have about 5 of the things hanging around. Overall I'm happy with the direct, the MonHun demo and date is nice but I'm not happy about the bundle being an XL since I want to get faceplates. X still looks amazing but only Japan got a date for it (April). Xenoblade Chronicle 3DS looks quite ugly but I'll probably get it to justify my New 3DS purchase. Majora's Mask is releasing way sooner than I thought. New Rhythm Heaven should excite Kaito though its only been announced for Japan so far.
Xenoblade looked Ugly on the Wii so at least its staying true to the original version :P (Least it ran at what I assumed to be 60fps). Pissed off that the this New 3DS has been announced as ive only had my XL for less then 4 months :/
Twinny
News Team
News Team

Post by Twinny »

Oh Nintendo of America. So this is why we aren't getting the regular n3DS Stateside. Here in America, bigger is better.