Gaming News

Non-SEGA? Shove your general gaming posts in here...
Reknoc
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Reknoc »

Kaito-kun wrote:Little confused. So there were two different teams in Japan making Bokujō Monogatari games, but now the Marvelous AQL team projects are going to be called "Story of Seasons" and the Natsume team games are still going to be Story of Seasons?
no. Natsume is an american company I guess, they're making the new "Harvest Moon". Marvelous are making Bokujo Monogatari which is the series that's come over here as Harvest Moon. Marvelous own Xseed who will be publishing the new Bokujo Monogatari but Natsume own the Harvest Moon name, hence the name change.

edit: it's sort of similar to the Demon's Souls / Dark Souls situation only if Sony were making their own Demon's Souls.
Twinny
News Team
News Team
Preferred pronouns: He/Him

Post by Twinny »

So al the E3 2014 conferences + Nintendo's digital event are done. And I gotta say not one stood out between the big three. In my opinion I think all three stepped up this year, especially Mircosoft after its horrendous showing last year.

Ubisoft's, while the games presented were nice, did not enjoy the Just Dance segment and the whole "edgy" thing with the swearing and stuff.

EA was well, EA so I didn't expecting anything noteworthy, except Mirror' Edge 2, which had to shoved inbetween more SPORTS SPORTS SPORTS. Ugh.

Sony I can't give a detailed recap of because I couldn't see it but from what I saw on Twitter there were lots of good stuff that was announced. Sad they didn't have anything for the Vita, which shows its a dying brand. Plus the whole PS TV was lackluster, sorry.

Finally Nintendo, now what they showed was great. From Bayo 2 to that new Splatoon game, everything they showed was very good. Even for the games I have little interest in playing looked good like Hyrule Warriors, Yoshi's Woolly World and that new Xenoblade thing. Sucks it's digital event only lasted 45 minutes...when then carried over a completely different stream for 3DS news...what?

In the end this is what I gave to the showings. Don't care if you disagree with me.

Microsoft - B-
EA: D
Ubi: C+
Sony: A-
Nintendo: A-
Radio:SEGA: Gang Since October 2010

Killer French Bread
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Killer French Bread »

I haven;t payed attention to E3 since probably about 1997, or maybe 98. Basically since the days when you had to wait for the latest issue of Games Master or CVG to come out before you knew what was announced. This year the only thing that reached my brain before twinny's write-up was the Grim Fandango remake. There has to be something else announced though, right?
Tic Tac, sir?
Reknoc
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Reknoc »

Nintendo is probably the clear winner for me, if I didn't already own a WiiU this presentation would have sold me on one. Sony, not really, other than Uncharted 4 and The Phantom Pain (which I was willing to get a PS4 for anyway) nothing really reinforced my need to get a PS4. Made me glad I owned a gaming PC though I guess!
Kaito-kun
Level 15
Level 15
Preferred pronouns: He/Him/They

Post by Kaito-kun »

Reknoc wrote:no. Natsume is an american company I guess
But they're not. They're Japanese and based in Shinjuku.
Reknoc wrote:Nintendo is probably the clear winner for me, if I didn't already own a WiiU this presentation would have sold me on one.
It's sold me even more on one: That new Zelda + Hyrule Warriors + Smash Bros + Splatoon looked pretty fun.
Reknoc
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Reknoc »

Kaito-kun wrote:But they're not. They're Japanese and based in Shinjuku.

It's sold me even more on one: That new Zelda + Hyrule Warriors + Smash Bros + Splatoon looked pretty fun.
they have an American branch though that published HM here in the same way Atlus USA publish none Atlus games.
Dr Shaneman
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Dr Shaneman »

As Rek said, nothing making me get a PS4 yet.
Gonic
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Gonic »

In my opinion. Sony had the best press conference of this year. Was more games that stood out to me. Nintendo's was good but I pretty much expected 80% of what they showed.

A highlight for me was Sunset Overdrive. Wish that wasn't Xbox exclusive.
Reknoc
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Reknoc »

the best thing about sony's conference is that most of the games they had I know I won't break the bank when I get them in a humble bundle or in a steam sale.
TCB
Level 15
Level 15

Post by TCB »

To me, Nintendo made me want their console the most. Smash Bros, Bayonatta II (WITH the first game with extra features of its own in a one-two punch), Splatoon, Sonic Boom (yeah, yeah it looks enjoyable to me to there), HYRULE FRICKIN WARRIORS (seriously, that game just looks like mindless fun and exploration), Pokemon Alpha Sapphire (that was a given tho)...

AND THIS CHARMING PIECE OF CLAY ADORABLENESS

[video=youtube;RqEOsvTmcoE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RqEOsvTmcoE[/video]