Error Report Center: Radio Stream & Request Issues

Have something to say, or having any issues? Let us know...
Twinny
News Team
News Team
Preferred pronouns: He/Him

Post by Twinny »

Dr Shaneman wrote:Since I as ignored you now have 10 requests per hour. Like it or lump it as I couldn't remember what the count was.
Ah cool, thank ya kindly.

Maybe GotM should retire as its own section....I, just don't know....but the Media tab should include "Playlist" or something...
Radio:SEGA: Gang Since October 2010

Dr Shaneman
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Dr Shaneman »

Well I asked for a quick answer as to what the real request per hour count was.
Whooa21
Dev Team
Dev Team

Post by Whooa21 »

mtwinny wrote:Ah cool, thank ya kindly.

Maybe GotM should retire as its own section....I, just don't know....but the Media tab should include "Playlist" or something...
Not sure about that, isn't going to be misleading to new members?
You click the media tab and you have to choose Playlist in order to request?
ResidentSD
Show DJ
Show DJ

Post by ResidentSD »

mtwinny wrote:Maybe GotM should retire as its own section....I, just don't know....but the Media tab should include "Playlist" or something...
That is exactly how it is setup now. When you click on "Media", you're automatically put into the "Playlist" tab. However, from a user experience perspective, that doesn't really make sense.

We are called RadioSEGA and requests should be a big selling point of the station. I'm not sure hiding that away is a good idea. Requests should be more important than Media.
Whooa21
Dev Team
Dev Team

Post by Whooa21 »

The word media can also redirect to the RadioSEGA youtube page...
RadioSEGA = Radio and Radio + Requests go together!
Foreversonic might be planning to put it in another tab?!?! (but he changed only "Media" today!
Dr Shaneman
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Dr Shaneman »

I'm just surprised the change happened without any opinion asking. I believe all site changes should be up for proper feedback ect.

EDIT: I updated the crossfade settings and I like the results.
TCB
Level 15
Level 15

Post by TCB »

ResidentSD wrote:That is exactly how it is setup now. When you click on "Media", you're automatically put into the "Playlist" tab. However, from a user experience perspective, that doesn't really make sense.

We are called RadioSEGA and requests should be a big selling point of the station. I'm not sure hiding that away is a good idea. Requests should be more important than Media.
I don't see nothing wrong. I thought the "Media" tab is just a generalization of what goes within that part of the website. The playlist is the main thing a part of that section right? So I agree with you on that. And RadioSEGA Media tab isn't anything to worry about yet until the work is done on it.
SimonShirley
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by SimonShirley »

The count was originally 15 per hour but this was reduced to 5 to give everyone a chance of getting a request in. We'd noticed that certain members were filling the queue with their own requests and as such, other requesters were having to wait 30-45mins before there request was played.
Long time lurker and sometimes chief assistant. More the former.
Whooa21
Dev Team
Dev Team

Post by Whooa21 »

Well how about 5 per 30 mins?
Dr Shaneman
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Dr Shaneman »

foreversonic wrote:The count was originally 15 per hour but this was reduced to 5 to give everyone a chance of getting a request in. We'd noticed that certain members were filling the queue with their own requests and as such, other requesters were having to wait 30-45mins before there request was played.
Don't mean to be a pain here, but if you are going to change something I'd like to know so I can relay that information when someone like whooa21 points it out. As I just thought it was another bug since they're springing up a lot lately.