Do any British channels show Anime?

What it says on the tin...
Kaito-kun
Level 15
Level 15
Preferred pronouns: He/Him/They

Post by Kaito-kun »

Reknoc wrote:Sometimes I prefer watching it dubbed.
Same. I prefer quite a few series dubbed over subbed.
mazonemayu wrote:honestly I don't want/need western dvds of anime, the stuff's usually censored or even cut
hate to admit it but I've been watching anime since the late 70's early 80's & I own some stuff on dvd, but even those are crappy subbed hnkdvds for the sole reason that they at least are uncut for the rest I've simply been downloading the stuff for...well almost a decade now.
I think the censoring issue has improved over the past few years.

mazonemayu wrote:waiting for dvds is good when you're a mainstream (read: pokemon/ naruto) fanboy,
Orrrrrrr if you want to be able to support the studio/creators who have worked so hard on the product.
mazonemayu wrote:but most of the time the half decent or even good anime simply doesn't get here.
Unfortunately that's true and some absolute shit gets licensed instead. *Glares at crap like High School of the Dead and Queen's Blade that are managing to get a Western release*
Reknoc
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Reknoc »

http://www.crunchyroll.com/
http://hotspotshield.com/
Whatever Funi's video site is

Also crap like HotD and Queens Blade were like, pretty much the only highlights of the last few anime seasons. So much garbage.
Kaito-kun
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Kaito-kun »

Reknoc wrote:http://www.crunchyroll.com/
http://hotspotshield.com/
Whatever Funi's video site is
I've never been comfortable using streaming sites. Not sure why.
Reknoc wrote:Also crap like HotD and Queens Blade were like, pretty much the only highlights of the last few anime seasons. So much garbage.
Yeah, but that's like saying "I'll eat the rabbit droppings instead of the cow pat because it looks a little bit like a raisin" you can always explore the archives or wait until something better comes along.
Reknoc
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Reknoc »

They have to release something though and the way most seasons seem to be going there isn't going to be anything better for a while. They have to go stuff they hope will sell and unfortunately that usually doesn't mean older stuff.

I could see why you wouldn't like using crunchyroll at first when it was kinda piratey but it's all legit now.
richarddavies
Level 14
Level 14

Post by richarddavies »

With the dubbed, sub thing it normally depends which i see first. If I watch a new anime and I see it dubbed first I get used to the english voices and it sounds weird when I watch them in jap but it's the opposite if I watch the subbed version first.
mazonemayu
Level 9
Level 9

Post by mazonemayu »

I never watch anything dubbed (if I can that is)
this goes for anything. have you ever seen (read: heard) a german dubbed ahnuld film?
dubbing destroys the energy thats in a conversation imo. there's just some things that simply can't be said in the way if its dubbed

I'll take a NANIII over WUT any day of the week ;)
maybe I just have a different look on the matter coz I took japanese classes years ago, I dunno
Matty
Level 14
Level 14

Post by Matty »

What about Eflen Lied? That was suppsoed to have a good German dub

The reason anime doesn't too well in the UK is the waiting (as has been said) andthe cost, most of the time its cheaper to import the foreign ones, hell its cheaper to import manga from the states than it is to buy it here (yes that includes delivery)
RWDebara
Level 14
Level 14

Post by RWDebara »

Adult Swim used to play alot of anime, not as much anymore. I know the UK has AS i just dont know if its the same or it still has alot of anime over there.
Reknoc
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Reknoc »

Haven't seen it recently but when I watched it it was basically a 2 hour block of their own stuff like Sealab, Birdman, Venture Bros. and what have you.
Kaito-kun
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Kaito-kun »

mazonemayu wrote:I never watch anything dubbed (if I can that is)
this goes for anything. have you ever seen (read: heard) a german dubbed ahnuld film?
dubbing destroys the energy thats in a conversation imo. there's just some things that simply can't be said in the way if its dubbed
I don't know. I did like the German dubs of Gundam 00 and The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air.