VROOM: The Best of SEGA Racing ReMix Project.

Post here about events relating to SEGA.
AkumajoBelmont
Level 1
Level 1

VROOM: The Best of SEGA Racing - ALBUM PREVIEW NOW UP!!!

Post by AkumajoBelmont »

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
EXCITING NEWS!!!
Finally, the VROOM ALBUM PREVIEW
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey guys!

Just wanted you to know that I've been listening to Radio SEGA for years, and have lurked around here for a while, but have only just started up an account to share some news that I hope you all will find a little exciting.

My name is AkumajoBelmont (or Robbie Sabo, if you want my boring 'real name'). I have been a SEGA devotee for years, started gaming with the original Master System, and I own every SEGA console released over the years :D

I'm also a ReMixer over at OverClocked Remix, and I've recently gotten a ReMix project started over there that I think may interest you guys.

It's called 'VROOM: The Best of SEGA Racing', and as the title suggests, we're taking on the honour or ReMixing 25+ music tracks from some of SEGA's best and most iconic racing titles. And as with any other OverClocked ReMix album, upon it's completion, it will available for download for FREE.

Songs we will be taking on are as follows:

Daytona USA -King of Speed
Daytona USA -Daytona (Let's Go Away)
Daytona USA -Sky High
Sega Rally Championship -Conditioned Reflex
Sega Rally Championship -Getting Muddy
Sega Rally Championship (SATURN) -My Dear Friend, Rally
Sega Rally Championship (SATURN) -Desert Replay
Sega Rally Championship (SATURN) -Forest Replay
Outrun -Last Wave
Outrun -Magical Sound Shower
Hang-On -Outride a Crisis
Hang-On -Winning Run
Sonic R -Can You Feel the Sunshine
Sonic R -Like Diamonds in the Sky
Cyber Speedway/Gran Chaser -Knight Gear
Super Monaco GP -Theme of Monaco
Metropolis Street Racer -Am I Only Dreaming
Metropolis Street Racer -Time
Virtua Racing -Menu/Mode Select
Power Drift -Side Street
Indy 500 -Bay Side Street
Sega GT -Rave Racer
Medley of Outrun 2019 -'Victorious' & 'Title Theme'
Medley OutRunners -'Picture the Rivers' & OutRun 'Magical Sound Shower'

For more info, head on over to our Project forums for the full low-down on the album HERE!

The reason I am posting this here is that since this is an album created by DIEHARD SEGA fans, I am looking into getting people outside the OCR community to contribute. Especially when it comes to things like album artwork and stuff like that.

So if there are any of you out there who are UBER-talented when it comes to the artistic side of the spectrum, and are interested in contributing some to the album artwork, lemme know!

The format of the album is quite unique too. The aim of the project is to create the greatest collection of driving tunes possible, and each remix will fall into one of 4 categories:

*Beginner: ReMixes to CRUISE to...
*Advanced: ReMixes to SPEED to...
*Expert: ReMixes to commit ROAD RAGE to...
*Bonus: Bonus tracks & Credits Theme ReMix.

... just like race tracks are categorized in a SEGA Arcade racer!

Anyways, I hope to build up some excitement among SEGA's fan community, and hopefully recruit some people for album artwork. The album is a big love letter to SEGA, and SEGA fans in general, and I am so, so proud to have gotten the ReMixers I have recruited together to create something wonderful for the community. And for free, no less !!! :D

Get excited people!!! Hopefully it'll be wrapped up within about a year, and I will keep you all posted on the progress of the album.

Thanks for hearing me out!

-AkumajoBelmont
sonicfanRICH
Level 13
Level 13

Post by sonicfanRICH »

Sounds cool. I love OC Remix! I look forward to the result and can possibly help with Album art if there's no one else.
ImageImage
AkumajoBelmont
Level 1
Level 1

Post by AkumajoBelmont »

sonicfanRICH wrote:Sounds cool. I love OC Remix! I look forward to the result and can possibly help with Album art if there's no one else.
Hey thanks! Duly noted!!!

We are off to a fantastic start, got some brilliant, brilliant WIPS at the moment... this is going to be a very different album to any OC ReMix project that has come before. The sheer fun in the tracks we're covering is having an impact on the songs we're getting in, and it's all sounding fantastic.

If all goes well, I should have an teaser MP3 containing a few songs from the project up by early July, so there's that to look forward to!

Thanks again for the reply :D
Gavvie
Show DJ
Show DJ

Post by Gavvie »

Welcome to RadioSEGA! I'm quite looking forward to hearing this album when it comes out, you've got a lot of great tracks from some great games to choose from!
AkumajoBelmont
Level 1
Level 1

Post by AkumajoBelmont »

Gavvie wrote:Welcome to RadioSEGA! I'm quite looking forward to hearing this album when it comes out, you've got a lot of great tracks from some great games to choose from!
Thanks a lot! It's great to finally be posting on these forums! :D
Every single one of the tracks I've listed is being remixed... some twice even! And, after all, upon completion, you'll have close to 30 NEW SEGA remixes to add to your playlists here! If you happen to like the remixes, that is :D
Quills on Wheels
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Quills on Wheels »

Hello and Welcome. I like your choices. Is there any chance you might add some music though? Some Sonic Riders music is nice.
sonicfanRICH
Level 13
Level 13

Post by sonicfanRICH »

Nah BSF, he's going for the absolute classics.
ImageImage
Quills on Wheels
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Quills on Wheels »

If classic is the case than what about living in the city and Super Sonic Racing? Just asking.
AkumajoBelmont
Level 1
Level 1

Post by AkumajoBelmont »

Biggest sonic fan wrote:If classic is the case than what about living in the city and Super Sonic Racing? Just asking.
It was a tough choice, but my co-directors and I plumped for 'Can You Feel The Sunshine' and 'Diamonds in the Sky' in the end. There's so much gold to choose from, that in the end, tough decisions have to be made, hehe :D
Matty
Level 14
Level 14

Post by Matty »

I also look forward to this, I quite enjoy your Dr Wiley's theme remix, so this should be something special :D