Main Discussion Thread

Discuss upcoming games and news from E3.
Twinny
News Team
News Team
Preferred pronouns: He/Him

Post by Twinny »

The Microsoft E3 press conference is about to go live. I'm watching on YouTube.

EDIT: Microsoft did much better than last year with its E3 press conference. Recore, Rise of the Tomb Raider & Mincreaft Hololens were my standouts for sure. But MS also relied heavily on backward compatibility and shooters. The indie titles were there ease up on all that.
But hey, no new Call of Duty game was announced. HUGE positive! Ultimately, good conference Xbox.

GRADE: B-
Radio:SEGA: Gang Since October 2010

Quills on Wheels
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Quills on Wheels »

Mirror's edge wooo! Can't wait for that one. Though it's EA so...
Twinny
News Team
News Team

Post by Twinny »

Must as well post my words on the conferences thus far now so I won't be lazy. :P

EA: Took longer than it should. 1st half great. 2nd half a struggle. SPORTS sprinkled during latter part. Pros: Need For Speed 2015, Unravel and Mirror's Edge Catalyst. Cons: SPORTS XP (sorry not sorry). GRADE: C+

Ubisoft: Pretty much was all Tom Clancy and other shooters and The Crew add-on. Other than that, South Park & Trackmania Turbo were my hits. GRADE: C

Sony: Apart from the Call of Duty reveal, it was magical, even the TV portion I had no qualms with. The Shenmue 3 announcement was the big one. GRADE: A

Reknoc
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Reknoc »

Meh for about everything until Square-Enix announced Nier 2 by Platinum.
Quills on Wheels
Level 15
Level 15

Reknoc wrote:Meh for about everything until Square-Enix announced Nier 2 by Platinum.
Not even Shenmue III managed to move the cold heart of our Reknoc.

Meanwhile...

[video=youtube;aLRWL0s0l10]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aLRWL0s0l10[/video]
Reknoc
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Reknoc »

Quills on Wheels wrote:Not even Shenmue III managed to move the cold heart of our Reknoc.

Meanwhile...

[video=youtube;aLRWL0s0l10]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aLRWL0s0l10[/video]
The game isn't even in production yet, not expecting to see this for like 2 years. I'll get excited for it when I see a proper trailer and not outright money begging.
Twinny
News Team
News Team

Post by Twinny »

I posted that video in the Shenmue 3 thread, lol

Anywho, Nintendo's E3 2015 Digital Event. Honestly, that was kiiinda underwhelming. My hits were Star Fox Zero, Super Mario Maker, Mario & Luigi: Paper Jam. I also liked the entertaining segments; Ninty does very well in that. Plus, it had to promote Amiibo and Super Mario's 30th Anniversary, pretty much a given. Now I'm not saying I disliked Nintendo's showing, there were stuff I liked. Just hoped for more *buzz*surprises*buzz*. Ultimately it was tame. Grade: B-

As for Square Enix's conference, while it was interesting, I still have no interest in the company whatsoever. xD Grade: C+

People are saying that's it for the E3 conferences but there is still one more: the PC Gaming Show. Even so, at this point: Sony > Microsoft > Ubisoft > Nintendo > Bethesda > Square Enix > EA

Quills on Wheels
Level 15
Level 15

Twinny wrote:I posted that video in the Shenmue 3 thread, lol

Anywho, Nintendo's E3 2015 Digital Event. Honestly, that was kiiinda underwhelming. My hits were Star Fox Zero, Super Mario Maker, Mario & Luigi: Paper Jam. I also liked the entertaining segments; Ninty does very well in that. Plus, it had to promote Amiibo and Super Mario's 30th Anniversary, pretty much a given. Now I'm not saying I disliked Nintendo's showing, there were stuff I liked. Just hoped for more *buzz*surprises*buzz*. Ultimately it was tame. Grade: B-

As for Square Enix's conference, while it was interesting, I still have no interest in the company whatsoever. xD Grade: C+

People are saying that's it for the E3 conferences but there is still one more: the PC Gaming Show. Even so, at this point: Sony > Microsoft > Ubisoft > Nintendo > Bethesda > Square Enix > EA
Yeah I noticed haha. Was funny as tho.

Yeah Nintendo was somewhat disappointing from anyone i ask. We just expected more. There was a little bit of me also hoping that maybe there would be a Sonic 2016 announcement but yeah nothing new.
Twinny
News Team
News Team

Post by Twinny »

There was a SEGA game actually showcased during a conference there. The Creative Assembly's Total War: Warhammer, shown during the PC Gaming Show last night. Other than that, a Hatsune Miku tech demo is also there courtesy of SEGA of Japan & Sony's Project Morpheus VR headset.