Microsoft's Press Conference

Discuss upcoming games and news from E3.
Twinny
News Team
News Team
Preferred pronouns: He/Him

Post by Twinny »

Reknoc wrote:
Halo, old games, bad Kinect implementation, a bunch of Kinect on rail games.
Sooo... it was a Kinect orgy then? Shame Microsoft, for shame...

Well, gonna go see what else Microsoft crammed in...shame...
Radio:SEGA: Gang Since October 2010

Blue_Tail_Fox
Level 5
Level 5

Post by Blue_Tail_Fox »

Microsoft's conference was terrible. I don't care about shooting games, Tomb Raider, or Kinect. Now I have to hope Sony can do a good job with their conference. I'm not too worried about Nintendo though.
richarddavies
Level 14
Level 14

Post by richarddavies »

[youtube]w4qGhqNZWiY[/youtube]

Here's the Tomb raider bit. Looks stunning but it seems a bit like Heavy rain:Tomb raider edition to me. Very QTEtastic.
Reknoc
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Reknoc »

Yea, quite QTE heavy. Bit rape heavy as well, kinda uncomfortable to watch. Still when they did play that one puzzle it looked really good.
Twinny
News Team
News Team
Preferred pronouns: He/Him

Post by Twinny »

From what I read so far, I believe the only thing worth knowing is the Tomb Raider part. Everything else (yes including the EPIC CONTROLLER FAIL at the start of the conference) was unacceptable in my opinion.
Radio:SEGA: Gang Since October 2010

richarddavies
Level 14
Level 14

Post by richarddavies »

Most of the games that they spent any time on and are worth noting are multiplat titles anyway. They really need to pull there finger out.
Reknoc
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Reknoc »

Except for Gears, which looked amazing, but it's out in a couple of months anyway. Really no reason for it to have been there.
Gavvie
Show DJ
Show DJ

Post by Gavvie »

More reason for Gears to be there then there was for Sony to include inFamous 2 in their one XD
RWDebara
Level 14
Level 14

Post by RWDebara »

Microsoft: KINECT KINECT KINECT KINECT halo KINECT KINECT KINECT KINECT gears KINECT KINECT KINECT halo...
Killer French Bread
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Killer French Bread »

That Tomb Raider trailer looks nice but I think shows one of the most disappointing changes in the new games: the hard bits in crystal dynamic's stuff is usually the combat and shooting, not the actual environment. All the cinematics and sudden events in that video make out it's really difficult and shit-yer-kecks dramatic, but some dude just cruised through a whole chunk in a press conference. Try doing that much of Tomb Raider 3, you'd die about 30 times. I can still hear the screams now.

This new game looks like one of those pretend 3D rollercoasters things where you're really in a pneumatic chair; it tries to scare you, but nothing's gonna happen really. I don't want any of this contrived sense of danger, just make the game bollock hard with a million traps that can kill you at any second, not conveniently narrowly miss. Then you won't need Lara constantly muttering "get me out of here", you'd have a good sense of tension anyway.
Tic Tac, sir?