Nintendo's Press Conference

Discuss upcoming games and news from E3.
Shadid

Nintendo's Press Conference

Post by Shadid »

Here you can discuss Nintendo's E3 Press Conference that will happen on June 7th at 18:00 British Summer Time.

Watch it here: Nintendo/Gamespot/GameTrailers (when available)
I live here now!
Twinny
News Team
News Team
Preferred pronouns: He/Him

Post by Twinny »

And now we have the date for Nintendo's E3 2012 Press Conference! So you can discuss Nintendo-related speculation for what their conference will hold!

June 5th - 9AM-10AM PT

For other parts of the world that means

12PM-1PM ET/5PM-6PM UK(BST)/6PM-7PM CET :D

Again this thread will be open a day before the conference goes live, per Shadid's post back at the main discussion thread of the event.
Radio:SEGA: Gang Since October 2010

Option
Level 12
Level 12

Post by Option »

A day before? My my, I shall open it now, then, and start with this:
"The sub-structure of the universe regresses infinitely towards smaller and smaller components. Behind atoms we find electrons - and behind electrons, quarks. Each layer unravelled reveals new secrets, but also new mysteries."
- Academician Prokhor Zakharov, For I Have Tasted The Fruit
RWDebara
Level 14
Level 14

Post by RWDebara »

Well that was a disappointment :(

The opening was great then it just went downhill from there. They barely talked about anything I wanted to hear, like Miiverse, first party titles on the WiiU, and 3DS titles. I understand that they only had an hour to work with but they could have spent it more wisely, they showed and talked about things we already seen before. (Ex:The New Mario Brothers) They ended it with NintendoLand which looked meh. Just a online hub where you can play minigames with friends, looks fun but nothing WOW.

The 30-minute preview they had on sunday was more engaging and got me more excited than todays conference.
TCB
Level 15
Level 15

Post by TCB »

I have to say....Nintendo was positive but could of had so much more to show. Granted they only had an hour, but the WiiU is their newborn baby and wanted to cradle it a little while longer.

At least there's Part 2 of Nintendo's conference tomorrow...for the 3DS mostly :P
RWDebara
Level 14
Level 14

Post by RWDebara »

TheChaosBlue wrote:but the WiiU is their newborn baby and wanted to cradle it a little while longer.
They had a year. If they want to convince people to get it they need to explain the full potential of the console NOW since its coming out this year supposedly. I expect great things from the console but Nintendo needs to show more for everyone.

TheChaosBlue wrote:At least there's Part 2 of Nintendo's conference tomorrow...for the 3DS mostly :P
If Reggie didnt spend so much time talking to everyone they could have shown so much more :I They're showing more today also on the Nintendo E3 page later on.
TCB
Level 15
Level 15

Post by TCB »

RWDebara wrote:They had a year. If they want to convince people to get it they need to explain the full potential of the console NOW since its coming out this year supposedly. I expect great things from the console but Nintendo needs to show more for everyone.
True, and that where's Nintendo slipped up there.
RWDebara wrote:If Reggie didnt spend so much time talking to everyone they could have shown so much more :I They're showing more today also on the Nintendo E3 page later on.
Good to know. And wow, Withing an hour of presenting and there is so much that needs to be known.
Twinny
News Team
News Team
Preferred pronouns: He/Him

Post by Twinny »

Well, after what I seen on Twitter, I can say (in my opinion) this conference was a good one, the better of the big three by a bit (sorry Micorsoft). The NintendoLand thing was pretty cool, and the Batman game was awesome from what I've seen of it.

Yes they should've went a bit longer with the live conference, but hey, there's a part two, and it's for the 3DS, which, since I am a proud owner of one, is intrigued for it.

Buuuuut the backlash from it, online....man it is a mix of entertainment/immaturity/sadness. But hey that's just me.
Radio:SEGA: Gang Since October 2010

Reknoc
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Reknoc »

Started off awesome with Pikmin 3. Then it was just broken promises of not having any boring stuff, then it was an awesome looks at Mario Bros. U. And then ports happened, casual Ubisoft games, and then a Nintendo minigame collection which may not even be a free game like Wii Sports.

Not overly exciting I have to say, sure as hell didn't sell me on the WiiU. Hopefully the 3DS one tomorrow wont be awful and they have some actual announcements. Otherwise I pretty much already got what I wanted from the 3DS at E3 (a launch window for Paper Mario, though a proper date would have been nice :/).
mtwinny wrote:Yes they should've went a bit longer with the live conference
Urgh no thanks. It already went on longer than it needed to.
Kaito-kun
Level 15
Level 15
Preferred pronouns: He/Him/They

Post by Kaito-kun »

Reknoc wrote:Hopefully the 3DS one tomorrow wont be awful and they have some actual announcements.
Animal Crossing 3DS info. That's all I wanted from Nintendo this year and hopefully we'll hear about it tomorrow.