Halo, Halo, Halo, Halo

Discuss upcoming games and news from E3.
Reknoc
Level 15
Level 15

Halo, Halo, Halo, Halo

Post by Reknoc »

So MS's conference is over and they announced not 1 not 2 but 4 new Halo games.

First up was Halo CE: Anniversary which, a bit like Tomb Raider Anniversary, is a remake of the first game using a much better engine.

Then they announced a new trilogy starting with Halo 4 coming holiday 2012.

-----------

Halo Reach is the only Halo I've ever fully enjoyed (well ODST was also kinda cool), so I'm somewhat interested in Halo Anni.
richarddavies
Level 14
Level 14

Post by richarddavies »

I'll still play both of these but i've never been an avid fan of the Halo's I've always been in the "there alright I suppose" bracket. I wonder what the stories going to be about though in 4.
Dr Shaneman
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Dr Shaneman »

Do we really need 4 more?
sonicfanRICH
Level 13
Level 13

Post by sonicfanRICH »

That's pretty cool. I'd love to play a remake of the first one again. I hope they incorporate online multiplayer this time.

I've heard the new Halo trilogy is essentially going to a remake of the original Marathon Trilogy. Someone told me that the events in Halo are the prequel to Marathon and that the guy you play as is Master Chief. Proof of this is seen in the Halo 3 Legendary ending video where Master Chief is seen drifting to the planet Marathon.

This is all speculation of course...
ImageImage
Gavvie
Show DJ
Show DJ

Post by Gavvie »

It will be interesting to see where Halo's 4, 5 and 6 go. I was a bit more intrigued by Microsoft saying that this was a trilogy for Xbox 360...meaning that there's at least 6-8 years left in the console yet.

Halo Anniversary looks good, and it does look as though Halo 4 will be continuing on from 3. Be interesting to see how 343 Industries handle this one, as it'll be the first Halo game not developed by Bungie (not counting Anniversary. It uses the Reach engine, and is a remake of a Bungie game, so..may as well be Bungie).
Kaito-kun
Level 15
Level 15
Preferred pronouns: He/Him/They

Post by Kaito-kun »

richarddavies wrote: i've never been an avid fan of the Halo's I've always been in the "there alright I suppose" bracket.
This. I'll play it with friends and enjoy it but the story is a bit generic and while it may have been revolutionary at the start it's not pretty much par for the course. I haven't even bothered finishing ODST yet.
Killer French Bread
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Killer French Bread »

I don't even know what the story to Halo is. Only bit in the single player I liked that much was the library level when hordes of those mutants are jumping out from everywhere. The main thing that puts me off it is it feels like it's in slow motion, it's especially apparent if you play something like Timesplitters 2 beforehand. Apart from that it's decent in multiplayer.
Tic Tac, sir?
Reknoc
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Reknoc »

Gavvie wrote:It will be interesting to see where Halo's 4, 5 and 6 go. I was a bit more intrigued by Microsoft saying that this was a trilogy for Xbox 360...meaning that there's at least 6-8 years left in the console yet.

Halo Anniversary looks good, and it does look as though Halo 4 will be continuing on from 3. Be interesting to see how 343 Industries handle this one, as it'll be the first Halo game not developed by Bungie (not counting Anniversary. It uses the Reach engine, and is a remake of a Bungie game, so..may as well be Bungie).
Or 4, 343 may be churning them yearly.
richarddavies
Level 14
Level 14

Post by richarddavies »

From a business point of view I don't know why they don't churn out a yearly Halo. It has quite a rabbid fan base I think they'd lap them up.
Reknoc
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Reknoc »

Yea and the Reach engine has legs, it's a good engine. Maybe MS are showing a surprising amount of respect for their consumers.