Wii U

Discuss upcoming games and news from E3.
Twinny
News Team
News Team
Preferred pronouns: He/Him

Post by Twinny »

So that's what's Nintendo's been hiding from us? Hmm looks pretty okay at first, shame first-parties aren't unveiled like what Rek said but they will in the near future. Like the strong third-party it got as well. Smash Bros. on the other hand...
Radio:SEGA: Gang Since October 2010

IvyRave
Level 10
Level 10

Post by IvyRave »

TO be honest I'm a bit sad that the wii u is coming out that means that my wii will soon be out of date and at this stage of my life where I am too young to be employed and living in a house full of haters I don't think I could get another console in ages. I mean I'm saving up for a Dreamcast/Saturn right now but that's the only thing I can do.
I hate when there are consoles being released one after the other, I've only really had a wii for a year and it's already out of date.
I suppose I have to skip this one and wait for a WiiU2
Am back for now:P
Gavvie
Show DJ
Show DJ

Post by Gavvie »

The next one's going to be called the WiiWaitWhaU2? Calling it now.

What a silly name. I'm sure the concept itself is good, and the controller looks...interesting, but that name is just stupid.
Reknoc
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Reknoc »

IvyRave wrote:TO be honest I'm a bit sad that the wii u is coming out that means that my wii will soon be out of date and at this stage of my life where I am too young to be employed and living in a house full of haters I don't think I could get another console in ages. I mean I'm saving up for a Dreamcast/Saturn right now but that's the only thing I can do.
I hate when there are consoles being released one after the other, I've only really had a wii for a year and it's already out of date.
I suppose I have to skip this one and wait for a WiiU2
The wii is like, 6 years old, and it was already out of date then.
IvyRave
Level 10
Level 10

Post by IvyRave »

^I meant skipping Wii U and waiting for the next one because by the time the wii U is outdated I'll have a proper job. I only ones I can do now is volunteer work, part time jobs are so hard to get (plus counters and I don't mix)
Am back for now:P
RWDebara
Level 14
Level 14

Post by RWDebara »

Not going to lie i think the name is stupid and the remote is crap. I would accept it if a normal remote comes along with the console.
Gavvie
Show DJ
Show DJ

Post by Gavvie »

No, the console itself is absolutely fine. The tech is impressive, and the games are going to be fantastic. If Wii U does 1080p HD natively, then it's one up on 360 and PS3, which do 720p natively and upscale to 1080.

It's just the name XD
RWDebara
Level 14
Level 14

Post by RWDebara »

Gavvie wrote:No, the console itself is absolutely fine. The tech is impressive, and the games are going to be fantastic. If Wii U does 1080p HD natively, then it's one up on 360 and PS3, which do 720p natively and upscale to 1080.

It's just the name XD
That i agree its just the name and the remote i don't like.
Reknoc
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Reknoc »

Vigil say it's more powerful than the 360 but not by how much. Native 1080p is unlikely.

RWDebara wrote:Not going to lie i think the name is stupid and the remote is crap. I would accept it if a normal remote comes along with the console.
They're not going to do that. But hey at least it supports the Wiimote, have fun not playing anything though.
Kaito-kun
Level 15
Level 15
Preferred pronouns: He/Him/They

Post by Kaito-kun »

RWDebara wrote:the remote is crap. I would accept it if a normal remote comes along with the console.
What's wrong with the controller? You've said twice now that you don't like it but you haven't expanded upon as to why.