Wii U

Discuss upcoming games and news from E3.
richarddavies
Level 14
Level 14

Post by richarddavies »

Sleeping on it there's only one thing that's enticing me to it. The uses for the screen shown looked cool enough but the shovelware games that were likely to see (WiiU music, Wiiu resort etc) it used most aren't going to hold my attention and if im having to use those sort of mechanics on a more "core" game I think it might just start annoying me if anything. I just love the thought of being able to play on my telly but can carry on playing on the controller while the missus is watching her soaps or kids have got Peppa pig on or something.
Dr Shaneman
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Dr Shaneman »

Reading what rich just said has made me wonder if the shovelware titles will make better use of the controller system than games any of us here are are likely to buy.
Kaito-kun
Level 15
Level 15
Preferred pronouns: He/Him/They

Post by Kaito-kun »

Dr Shaneman wrote:Reading what rich just said has made me wonder if the shovelware titles will make better use of the controller system than games any of us here are are likely to buy.
You're making an awfully broad assumption as to what we're all going to buy, Doc.
Quills on Wheels
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Quills on Wheels »

I can already see what the next Nintedo Console will be. the Wii Them!
Get it? Wii? U? Them? Us?

Anyway, doesn't look bad... but I don't know... If it has better graphics than the PS3 than sure, it's worth. But the controller kinda awkward. Just like my mates at school said, what's the use of having a Homeheld console when you aren't using the TV sceen much? I mean, looking at the trailers, the most time, you're focused on the controller.
richarddavies
Level 14
Level 14

Post by richarddavies »

The more I say Wii U outloud the more I keep thinking of the sound they made on cartoons when something smells.
Kaito-kun
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Kaito-kun »

[youtube]0JElywbkSbY[/youtube]
Dr Shaneman
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Dr Shaneman »

Kaito-kun wrote:You're making an awfully broad assumption as to what we're all going to buy, Doc.
Just because you're all so fascinated now doesn't mean you will defiantly buy it on release day.
Kaito-kun
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Kaito-kun »

Dr Shaneman wrote:Just because you're all so fascinated now doesn't mean you will defiantly buy it on release day.
I never said I would.
Reknoc
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Reknoc »

richarddavies wrote:Sleeping on it there's only one thing that's enticing me to it. The uses for the screen shown looked cool enough but the shovelware games that were likely to see (WiiU music, Wiiu resort etc) it used most aren't going to hold my attention and if im having to use those sort of mechanics on a more "core" game I think it might just start annoying me if anything. I just love the thought of being able to play on my telly but can carry on playing on the controller while the missus is watching her soaps or kids have got Peppa pig on or something.
Core games could easily benefit from it. It could be a great way of getting rid of all the crap HUD elements that take up the screen or be used for quick inventory management. Darksiders 2 will deffos benefit from not have to keep pausing and switching stuff out.
Dr Shaneman wrote:Just because you're all so fascinated now doesn't mean you will defiantly buy it on release day.
Of course not. You'd have to be dumb to buy any console on launch.
richarddavies
Level 14
Level 14

Post by richarddavies »

To be fair I was having a conversation with some fellas at work about Battlefield 3 being on it and I almost jizzed with some of the ideas being thrown around. We talked about how if your team leader you could have a map on the controller and control your squad and give commands on it. even draw out battle plans that show up on your team members controller. They could have it where your UAV'S viewpoint shows up on there aswell. Loads of ideas that I thought sounded good.