King of Fighters XIII

Non-SEGA? Shove your general gaming posts in here...
Kaito-kun
Level 15
Level 15
Preferred pronouns: He/Him/They

King of Fighters XIII

Post by Kaito-kun »

Anyone thinking of getting it later this month? I'm um-ing and ah-ing in regards of pre-ordering it at the moment.

On one hand the 4 disc sound and other goodies that Rising Star have bundled with the pre-order are tempting and Ash Crimson is rather smexeh.

On the other hand the only KOF game I've played so far was XII. While it wasn't bad it still wasn't worth £40 - although, there's supposedly more to XIII than there was in XII.

Thoughts? Looking forward to it? Going to buy it? Hate SNK and everything they stand for? Have nothing relevant to say but want to up your post count? THEN LET'S GO!
dab_dob
Level 6
Level 6

Post by dab_dob »

Thanks for this
Crow
Level 12
Level 12

Post by Crow »

I've only played a few KoF games, but who caaaaares? I want KoF XIII, damnit!

I think it's getting released next year here in Aus, which really sucks. All the new games I want don't get released until 2012. What is this madness?!

Anywho, I thought XII kinda sucked. I mean, it was just a glorified time attack. With pretty graphics.
Shadid

Post by Shadid »

I wasn't bothered to play XII that much, played it on a local store and it wasn't that good.

That is, until I got XIII, and it's eons better than the last iteration. I didn't jump on the online yet because my FightStick is getting repaired and I suck at KoF, but overall, the game feels more smooth and entertaining.

And I tried to play it like it was KoF '95. I REALLY don't recommend it, to be honest.

By the way, here's the combo video available in the Deluxe Edition of the game:

[youtube]w-GnoYuQLBc[/youtube]
I live here now!
Crow
Level 12
Level 12

Post by Crow »

Okay, so apparently KoF XIII is out, but EB Games doesn't have any copies.

But if I ever find a copy, I'll definately buy it.

Oh and how many characters are in it? I don't know that much about it, to be honest!
Kaito-kun
Level 15
Level 15
Preferred pronouns: He/Him/They

Post by Kaito-kun »

Shadid wrote: That is, until I got XIII, and it's eons better than the last iteration. I didn't jump on the online yet because my FightStick is getting repaired and I suck at KoF, but overall, the game feels more smooth and entertaining.

More smooth and entertaining is definitely a fitting description...Apart from the online modes. Be thankful your fightstick is knackered; the lag makes fighting online impossible.

Other than the online mode it's a solid enough and very pretty fighter. Most definitely worth a look if you have some pennies spare and fancy a change from street Fighter.
Killer French Bread
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Killer French Bread »

The london level looks cool, the buses pretty similar to the stage in England Capcom v SNK 2 (what a game that was).
Tic Tac, sir?
TF73
Level 9
Level 9

Post by TF73 »

Have played several KOF games but the old versions really feels more at home on the AES console. KOF XIII really feels great from what I have played it so far and is a huge step in the right direction after KOF XII.

I'm a huge SNK fan and I'm hoping we will see the newly announced arcade upgrade of KOF XIII on the home consoles.
Reknoc
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Reknoc »

I doubt we will, from what I've read of the Arcade upgrade they're just adding in the changes from the console version.
TF73
Level 9
Level 9

Post by TF73 »

Reknoc wrote:I doubt we will, from what I've read of the Arcade upgrade they're just adding in the changes from the console version.
That is to bad! Was hoping for some new characters and backgrounds.
But I will be optimistic until something have been officially confirmed :)