Summer of Sonic 2012

Post here about events relating to SEGA.
Twinny
News Team
News Team
Preferred pronouns: He/Him

Post by Twinny »

BUMP, AND IT'S AN URGENT ONE:

SoS 12 VENUE CHANGE: http://www.summerofsonic.com/news/urgen ... 2-location
Radio:SEGA: Gang Since October 2010

Whooa21
Dev Team
Dev Team

Post by Whooa21 »

It was AWESOME!!! I hope I can go next Year!!!
TCB
Level 15
Level 15

Post by TCB »

Woke up since 5AM here....and the whole thing.

So many good things there that it's hard for me to post it all here. Imma take a breather and then I'll talk about it later I guess XD
Twinny
News Team
News Team
Preferred pronouns: He/Him

Post by Twinny »

So.....that was an eleven hour trek I've seen/heard! I never experienced SoS like this, saw/heard the ENTIRE thing, from start to finish, all starting at 5AM with TCB.....and I don't feel sleepy at all! XD
Radio:SEGA: Gang Since October 2010

Whooa21
Dev Team
Dev Team

Post by Whooa21 »

mtwinny wrote:So.....that was an eleven hour trek I've seen/heard! I never experienced SoS like this, saw/heard the ENTIRE thing, from start to finish, all starting at 5AM with TCB.....and I don't feel sleepy at all! XD
Lucky you! My parents won't even let me do that! I'm soooo jealous!
metalgamer
Level 8
Level 8

Post by metalgamer »

What an amazing year. I managed to get a ticket after all. I also met Takashi Izuka, Jun Senoue and Johnny Geioli. I also met Foreversonic which was really awesome. 9001/10. Hope to go next year too.
Whooa21
Dev Team
Dev Team

Post by Whooa21 »

metalgamer wrote:What an amazing year. I managed to get a ticket after all. I also met Takashi Izuka, Jun Senoue and Johnny Geioli. I also met Foreversonic which was really awesome. 9001/10. Hope to go next year too.
I want to meet them too, especially foreversonic!!
I'm soooo jealous!
I will save money next year!
Shockerbey
level 11
level 11

Post by Shockerbey »

http://www.twitch.tv/thesonicshow/b/324006221

for those unlucky enough not to go like me plus a few of the rs regulars appear in the twitter stream
Gavvie
Show DJ
Show DJ

Post by Gavvie »

I'll write my thoughts of the convention up in a bit more detail later on, but I would like to apologise profusely for the absolute lack of stage audio on RS' live stream.

The reason for this is thus: The venue had two tech desks - The SoS one, which was broadcasting video via The Sonic Show and audio via the DJ decks through RadioSEGA, and one from the venue, which was handling audio on the stage, including microphones and Crush 40s instruments and crap.

It became apparent after Svend & Rory (Dread & Roareye) had done their introduction, that we had no stage audio on the stream, so I asked the guy manning the venue's tech desk if he could feed the audio in via our mixer, and whether he could do it before Nevermind the Buzzbomber started. He said he could. 12pm came and went, and we still had no stage audio, at which point I asked him again, stating that it was essential we had it for Jam with Jun at 1pm. I even explicitly pointed out where the connection needed to be made. Again, a promise that it could be done. And again, a promise that was broken.

After Jun's set had finished, I had a word with Graham (FastFeet), as he was Stage Manager for the day, and urged him to have a word, as by this point I must have mentioned it at least twice an hour to no avail. I have no idea if that discussion took place, or the results of it if it had. All I know is this - still no stage audio for the Sumo Q&A, the Cosplay Contest, or the Crush 40 gig. We were, however, able to provide Club Sonic, as that was performed by BlitzChris via the DJ decks.

It's a real shame, as on the Friday we actually took on another relay stream which would have enabled us to hold up to 500 listeners, and in the end I think we would've been lucky to get 20, although our Admin panel did say 40. Not sure if I can take that as a number from the day or not though. On one hand I'm happy, because we did actually manage to not only broadcast, but record the DJ audio from the day. On the other, I'm bitterly disappointed because we could've, and should've, broadcast so much more.

Nevertheless, it was a learning experience, and at SoS '13 (if there is one), we'll be there again to broadcast the audio, and I'll make damn sure the stage audio is a part of that! My apologies to anybody who was wanting to hear bits that we couldn't broadcast - I can only say that we tried.
Whooa21
Dev Team
Dev Team

Post by Whooa21 »

I was wondering about that!!! Also there was a huge delay between the live feed and the RS stream.. The RS stream had about 4 mins delay, That and the stage sounds are why I decided to listen to the live feed rather than the RS one
Sorry guys,I let you down...