Summer of Sonic 2012

Post here about events relating to SEGA.
Kaito-kun
Level 15
Level 15
Preferred pronouns: He/Him/They

Post by Kaito-kun »

Gavvie wrote:With our new audio streams that went active a couple of weeks ago, we can accommodate up to 230 listeners, so we should be alright on that front.
Ah! Splendid! I didn't realise we had an increase. I thought we were still hovering around the 50 mark.
Tru
Level 14
Level 14

Post by Tru »

Least I'll be able to listen in even if I don't get a ticket.

Also, we should be posting this news around the Summer of Sonic Facebook page/comments stuff around the Net, and getting our 'friends' to post a blog post about it too on TSS, Sonic Wrecks, whatever, unless we already have. This IS a big deal after all. We should be advertising the crap outta this!
Whooa21
Dev Team
Dev Team

Post by Whooa21 »

A question. The shoutcast stream limit is 150 listeners. How is it possible to have 230 listeners?? All the links in the website point to the shoutcast stream!
SimonShirley
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by SimonShirley »

whooa21 wrote:A question. The shoutcast stream limit is 150 listeners. How is it possible to have 230 listeners?? All the links in the website point to the shoutcast stream!
We currently have two servers. The one we call the main stream, the one that's broadcasted in AAC, has space for 150 listeners. In order to allow people to listen via the web / flash player, we have a second server that ResidentSD is currently transcoding to that has space for a further 80 listeners.

At the Summer of Sonic, we are likely to combine these two Shoutcast servers to provide one feed of a combined 230 listener slots.
Long time lurker and sometimes chief assistant. More the former.
Twinny
News Team
News Team
Preferred pronouns: He/Him

Post by Twinny »

CapnCloudchaser wrote:Least I'll be able to listen in even if I don't get a ticket.

Also, we should be posting this news around the Summer of Sonic Facebook page/comments stuff around the Net, and getting our 'friends' to post a blog post about it too on TSS, Sonic Wrecks, whatever, unless we already have. This IS a big deal after all. We should be advertising the crap outta this!
If we want to makes this the best damn audio stream of SoS 12 around, we gotta spread the word!
Radio:SEGA: Gang Since October 2010

TCB
Level 15
Level 15

Post by TCB »

And yet I kinda doubt we'll get 250 listeners to hear the audio stream. Maybe 50-70....but that's just me. But with how much the tickets sold out, imagine the listeners...eep.
Gavvie
Show DJ
Show DJ

Post by Gavvie »

I'm expecting more than that, especially if we do get a push on the website, which I would imagine is likely to happen closer to the event. Dreadknux has already mentioned that we'll be hosting the audio stream during a guest slot on Sonic Paradox's Sonic News Show (surprised nobody picked up on that...), so it won't be too much of a push to get it on the website/Facebook group as well.
TCB
Level 15
Level 15

Post by TCB »

Gavvie wrote:I'm expecting more than that, especially if we do get a push on the website, which I would imagine is likely to happen closer to the event. Dreadknux has already mentioned that we'll be hosting the audio stream during a guest slot on Sonic Paradox's Sonic News Show (surprised nobody picked up on that...), so it won't be too much of a push to get it on the website/Facebook group as well.
Ah...and to be fair....he kinda slipped it by and wasn't mentioned again, that is if he actually mentioned it. I don't remember him saying that the time he was there. He spent more time about SSR's return and such. That, and like only people who actually listened that day was me and mtwinny...and a had errands to do.
Whooa21
Dev Team
Dev Team

Post by Whooa21 »

Got it!! Let's hope that the slots will be enough.
metalgamer
Level 8
Level 8

Post by metalgamer »

I sure hope I can get one of the tickets in the last wave. If not, at least I know that RadioSEGA are going to do a live stream so I can at least listen in on that. 230 listeners spots... Should be enough, but you never know... There's going to be a lot of disappoointed sonic fans this year, so the numbers should be pretty high...