Games that SHOULD be made?

Non-SEGA? Shove your general gaming posts in here...
Shibby
Level 3
Level 3

Post by Shibby »

Kaito-kun wrote:Hmm, a fair point. Of course Sonic fans are a tad more...Vocal...Than Spyro fans, aren't they? Hence why SEGA buckled and gave them Sonic 4 and Sonic Generations.

Although they still found issues with Sonic 4. I don't understand Sonic fans...
Spyro fans are pretty vocal, actually, however...Insomniac sold rights to Spyro, which is why there's no longer any games like the originals...and when they attempted to make them, They SUCKED. Enter the dragonfly was horrible.

Edit: A hero's tail was pretty bad too, but not AS bad as enter the dragonfly and was at least somewhat enjoyable xD
Reknoc
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Reknoc »

Sonic 4 is a pretty bad example of Sonic fans being hard to please.

Also Insomniac didn't sell the rights to Spyro, they never had them in the first place.
Wrath Oskvro
Level 15
Level 15
Preferred pronouns: Bruh

Post by Wrath Oskvro »

o_o I loved Sonic 4. I have a buddy who also complained about the "physics" in it and I really have no idea wtf he's on about. I thought it was just fine.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC1cmXX ... T2LjS5oUOg Like guitars? Like games? Like Metal? Check my Youtoob.
Dr Shaneman
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Dr Shaneman »

Kaito-kun wrote:Hmm, a fair point. Of course Sonic fans are a tad more...Vocal...Than Spyro fans, aren't they? Hence why SEGA buckled and gave them Sonic 4 and Sonic Generations.

Although they still found issues with Sonic 4. I don't understand Sonic fans...
Well, I said games LIKE Spyro. Not exact clones of it. The format in general would be nice to see re-incorporated on something fresh.
Killer French Bread
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Killer French Bread »

Shibby wrote:There needs to be more games where you can play as a dragon....or at least fly around freely through a world/environment. Freeroam games are awesome and I think it would be cool to have a dragon freeroam game.

You ever played magic carpet? You only get to fly a rug of course, but there's plenty of dragons floating around in the sky with you.
Tic Tac, sir?
Kaito-kun
Level 15
Level 15
Preferred pronouns: He/Him/They

Post by Kaito-kun »

Shibby wrote:Spyro fans are pretty vocal, actually, however...Insomniac sold rights to Spyro, which is why there's no longer any games like the originals...and when they attempted to make them, They SUCKED. Enter the dragonfly was horrible.
That was the first one on the PS2, right? I remember it. It was indeed pretty lousy.

Crash Bandicoot had the same problem. The franchise wasn't as good once Naughty Dog left the series.
Reknoc
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Reknoc »

Wow, I was checking out the developers behind the first non-Insomniac Spyro game, expecting it to be shopped out to some mediocre studio like Travellers Tales who made Wrath of Cortex. Turned out Spyro Enter the Dragonfly was the studios first ever game and it ended up so bad it was also their last.

Eurocom (makers of good Bond games) and Travellers Tales (makers of LEGO games) made the Spyro game after that.
Shibby
Level 3
Level 3

Post by Shibby »

Kaito-kun wrote:That was the first one on the PS2, right? I remember it. It was indeed pretty lousy.

Crash Bandicoot had the same problem. The franchise wasn't as good once Naughty Dog left the series.
Yeah it was the first one on PS2 and Gamecube.

Insomniac CREATED Spyro. They practically handed it over because they wanted to move on to something else [aka ratchet and clank] They they may not have "sold" it, per say....but they still practically gave spyro away because he was "old news"

...which led to the abomination known as skylanders.

*twitch*

Edit: Also is wrath of cortex a bad game. I kinda have a copy of it, haven't played it...kinda scared to.
TCB
Level 15
Level 15

Post by TCB »

Shibby wrote:Yeah it was the first one on PS2 and Gamecube.

Insomniac CREATED Spyro. They practically handed it over because they wanted to move on to something else [aka ratchet and clank] They they may not have "sold" it, per say....but they still practically gave spyro away because he was "old news"

...which led to the abomination known as skylanders.

*twitch*

Edit: Also is wrath of cortex a bad game. I kinda have a copy of it, haven't played it...kinda scared to.
Wrath of Cortex is nothing more than a Warped clone. Personally I had some fun with the game and the Elementals...but wow zero creativity with that game. At least imo Twinsanity was the last enjoyable Crash game.
Quills on Wheels
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Quills on Wheels »

We need a game about Toilets! And we can call it Toylet! What a great idea!

...oh wait, that's already made... -_-