Playlist New Additions/Updates Thread

Have something to say, or having any issues? Let us know...
Nicolaas Hamman
Playlist Manager
Playlist Manager

Post by Nicolaas Hamman »

Update 10/17/2022 Mega Drive beefy
Shin Megami Tensei - Contains 24 tracks
Super Street Fighter II: The New Challengers - Contains 41 tracks
Viewpoint - Contains 10 tracks

Third-party Music:
CAPTAIN TSUBASA - Contains 21 tracks
Fatal Fury 2 (Garou Densetsu 2: Aratanaru Tatakai) - Contains 18 tracks
LANGRISSER II - Contains 29 tracks
LUNAR: The Silver Star - Contains 26 tracks
Mahou no Shoujo: SILKY LIP - Contains 11 tracks
Megapanel - Contains 8 tracks
Rainbow Islands Extra - Contains 8 tracks
Rolling Thunder 2 - Contains 11 tracks
Rolling Thunder 3 - Contains 21 tracks
Romance of The Three Kingdoms II (SANGOKUSHI II) - Contains 16 tracks
Romance of The Three Kingdoms III (SANGOKUSHI III) - Contains 20 tracks
SANGOKUSHI III [Mega-CD] - Contains 18 tracks
Star Cruiser - Contains 19 tracks
Sewer Shark - Contains 5 tracks
Splatterhouse 2 (Splatterhouse Part 2) - Contains 21 tracks
Tenka Hubu: Eiyuutachi no Houkou - Contains 12 tracks
WARSONG (LANGRISSER) - Contains 12 tracks

Slightly ahead of the Mega Drive Mini 2 Marathon, here’s (almost) all the remaining music appearing on the console, supplanting a couple other updates I wouldn’t want to take the spotlight away (or get their spotlight taken away). Get familiar for the upcoming shows!
I hope it’s OK that I’ve called it Tenka Hubu instead of the more commonly accepted Tenka Fubu, the MEGA DRIVE mini 2 website had that as the URL, which is another valid romanization of 天下布武. Can SEGA hold so much control of a real-life quote?
Staff for VGMdb
Admin for 140 Seconds VGM
Editor for SEGA RETRO
Owner of SEGA MUSIC EVERYDAY

"If there's something about video game music that Nicolaas Hamman doesn't know, it probably isn't worth knowing" - ResidentSD.
Nicolaas Hamman
Playlist Manager
Playlist Manager

[Update 10/31/2022 Permanent Disguise
I'm trying a new, more informative update approach from now on! But this update is too big for it to be comfortable...

ALESTE COLLECTION
Replaced 2 tracks
Artists: Keiji Takeuchi
ALESTE COLLECTION - Music Album - / WAVE MASTER / 2021
Contains 2 tracks
Artists: Keiji Takeuchi
Details: Viper’s been wanting this added for a while, but it keeps getting delayed. (Almost) everything ALESTE-related added here is sourced from this album.
CHUNITHM NEW / SEGA / 2021
Contains 41 tracks
Artists: NayutalieN, Alice Schach and the Magic Orchestra, R Sound Design feat. Himawari, Aiobahn, Hercelot, USAO feat. Takenobu Mitsuyoshi, 稲葉曇 feat. rairu, yksb feat. MiLO, LamazeP feat. Tsukino, Chiharu Kaneko, rerulili feat. konoco, Rekka Katakiri, Harunaba feat. Suzusiro, monaca:factory feat. NORISTRY, Hiroyuki Oshima, Avec Avec, yuigot feat. Mai Kanno, Blacklolita, eoll, Kikuo & cosMo@bousouP feat. Kagenui Hana, Warak, James Landino feat. Nikki Simmons, Iris, 3R2, Juggernaut., Getty & DJ DiA, Frums, owl*tree feat. ka*tree, sakuzyo, TAg, Amatsuki, C.G mix feat. RINA, THREE feat. Ryo-Kun, tilt-six feat. Baru, Kobaryo, SEGA
CHUNITHM NEW PLUS / SEGA / 2022
Contains 12 tracks
Artists: yuichi NAGAO, FANTAGIRAFF, kabotya, tromul, Aiko Oi, Masahiro "Godspeed" Aoki, aa...hisuichazuke…, Zekk, Masayoshi Iimori, Camellia, Daisuke Anayama & Takenobu Mitsuyoshi, Kenji Mizuno & Kanon Oguni
Details: These are from the CHUNITHM NEW ORIGINAL SOUND TRACK. First CHUNITHM soundtrack I split into original and PLUS, hopefully one day I’ll have time to do that like Viper suggested the Bisyboddies could help with. Oh, and DA'AT -The First Seeker of Souls- is certainly recommended for a taste of Kenji Mizuno and Kanon Oguchi’s upcoming music in Sonic Frontiers.
Deep Fear / SEGA / 1998
Contains 16 tracks
Artists: Kenji Kawai
Details: I added this earlier in the week for my several hour long playthrough of music relating to Rieko Kodama’s history.
GG ALESTE / COMPILE / 1991
Contains 11 tracks.
Artists: Keiji Takeuchi, Toshiaki Sakoda
Details: The only classic newly added ALESTE game not published by SEGA, and also the only one exclusive to Japan. Still adding it, though.
GG ALESTE 3 / M2 / 2020
Replaced all tracks
Artists: Manabu Namiki
Golden Axe: The Duel [Saturn] / SEGA / 1995
Replaced all tracks. Added 1 track
Artists: Makito Nomiya
Details: A rip from the game instead of GOLDEN AXE THE MUSIC, with the bonus hidden(?) track that I’ve called Zoma (Club Mix), though its title is unknown.
Donald no Magical World (Ronald in the Magical World) / SEGA / 1994
Contains 14 tracks. Suggested by Jamie
Artists: Yoko Wada, Kojiro Mikusa
Details: This is a Japan-only game that reuses assets like music from McDonald’s Treasureland Adventure, but there’s an English translation when inserting into a Western Game Gear, which is where the title in parentheses comes from. 2 tracks, one of which shows up on the playlist, is labeled with BGM numbers ‘cause I didn’t spot them in gameplay videos.
Guilty Gear -STRIVE- / Arc System Works / 2021
Replaced 4 tracks. Added 2 tracks. Provided by spotman
Artists: Daisuke Ishiwatari feat. NAOKI & AISHA
Power Strike (ALESTE) / SEGA / 1988
Contains 24 tracks
Artists: Masatomo Miyamoto, Takeshi Santo, SHIN-KUN
Power Strike II / SEGA / 1993
Contains 13 tracks
Artists: Tsuyoshi Matsushima
Details: This instalment is exclusive to Europe, hence the lack of ALESTE as an alt title.
Power Strike II (GG ALESTE II) / SEGA / 1993
Contains 17 tracks.
Artists: IMAMI PON, BA.M
Puzzle & Action: Treasure Hunt (2DO ARUKOTOWA SANDOAHRU) (Sand-R) [Arcade]
Contains 34 tracks
Details: The 3rd Puzzle & Action game, but the first released in English. I recorded this off an emulator with “OK” sound, so maybe it’ll need to be rerecorded later. The track titles are from the Treasure Hunt announcers, but some of those kids are hard to understand. I’m still not confident on “Striking for 7 Hostages”.
Puzzle & Action: Treasure Hunt (2DO ARUKOTOWA SANDOAHRU) (Sand-R) [Saturn]
Contains 39 tracks
Artists: Naoshi Kunisawa
Details: Most of the arrangements in this port are near-identical, but some deviate a decent amount. There’s also several new tracks including a Game Gear-esque arrangement of “Dash!” from Dyna Brothers.
SEGA AGES [Switch] / SEGA / 2018
Replaced track. Suggested by Jamie
Details: The volume needed a boost, and I decided to just get a new rip to help with that. There’s several jingles in the archive if show hosts want to use them at some point.
SEGA AGES 2500 Series Vol.6: Ichini no Tant-R to Bonanza Bros
Contains 29 tracks.
Artists: Nobuyoshi Sugai, CUBE CORPORATION (Chuji Nagaoka, Yoshiaki Kubotera, Noboru Iwata, Junzo Yagami, Yoshifumi Iwata)
Details: The music here is re-arranged from Ichidant-R, Tant-R and Bonanza Bros.. Two of two are currently playable in MD form on the MEGA DRIVE mini 2.
Senxin Aleste / M2 / 2021
Removed 1 track
Details: I accidentally noticed a track under 30 seconds long and kicked it.
SimCity 2000 / Maxis, SEGA / 1995
Contains 12 tracks. Suggested by electricboogaloo
Artists: Sue Kasper, Brian Conrad, Justin McCormick
Details: Every version of this game has different music.
Taisen Tant-R Sasi-su!! / SEGA / 1998
Contains 15 tracks
Details: The final Tant-R game, it’s more competitive, hence most of the game’s including “Showdown!!” in the title. Eating Bread down a Slope is an exception.
The House of the Dead 2 [Dreamcast] / SEGA / 1999
Replaced all tracks. Removed 1 track. Added 6 tracks
Artists: Tetsuya Kawauchi, Haruyoshi Tomita
Details: Skyblaze was quite upset over the inconsistency of including The or not for The House of the Dead series (apparently now called House of the Dead series), so I had a special imp deal with the ones that weren’t playing by their own rules I’ll clean the OVERKILL mess next week.
Sonic Boom: Rise of Lyric / SEGA / 2014
Contains 97 tracks
Artists: Richard Jacques
Details: Almost 10 years later a well-known Sonic game appears on the playlist, thanks to Viper. A lot of the cutscene music features reused character themes in different combinations, so they may sound fairly similar to you.
Staff for VGMdb
Editor for SEGA RETRO

"If there's something about video game music that Nicolaas Hamman doesn't know, it probably isn't worth knowing" - ResidentSD.
Nicolaas Hamman
Playlist Manager
Playlist Manager

Update 11/7/2022 The Modern World and the Lovely Community
HATSUNE MIKU: COLORFUL STAGE! (Project SEKAI COLORFUL STAGE! feat. Hatsune Miku)
Added 25 tracks. Replaced 2 tracks. Work by Bisylizzie

Game Gear Micro / SEGA, M2 / 2021
Added 2 tracks
Artists: Jaelyn Nisperos, Sakuoki Kudo
Details: This is from the ALESTE COLLECTION - Music Album -, but I forgot to add it last week even after I asked Viper for advice.

Gotham Knights / Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment, SEGA / 2022
Contains 54 tracks. Work by Bisylizzie
Artists: The Flight, Bear McCreary, NOBRO, Joris de Man, Benoit Lafrance

Gutsuri GO! / SEGA / 2021
Contains 18 tracks
Details: I recorded this from the official website. I hope there weren’t any Discord noises that showed up in them!

MAGLAM LORD / D3 PUBLISHER, PQUBE, SEGA / 2022
Contains 22 tracks. Work by Bisylizzie
Artists: Chiaki Fujita (Sing Like Talking) feat.Kamosy, Puresound

Soul Hackers 2 / SEGA / 2022
Contains 70 tracks. Work by Bisylizzie
Artists: NAHO, Keigo Hoashi, Kuniyuki Takahashi, Oliver Good, Keita Inoue, Shotaro Seo, Keiichi Okabe

The Cruel King and the Great Hero / NIS America, SEGA / 2022
Contains 22 tracks. Work by Bisylizzie
Artists: Akiko Shikata, G-angle, Mika Koga

The House of the Dead: OVERKILL / SEGA / 2009
Replaced 21 tracks. Added 9 tracks. Removed 3 tracks. Suggested by Skyblaze
Details: There’s still some boss themes missing, but most of the soundtrack is up under a uniform folder. I didn’t notice until afterwards that I could just have replaced those 3 tracks instead of removing them and then uploading the replacements, but now you’ll have to refavourite them under their new names (they were instrumental versions of some other tracks).
Artists: John Sanderson, Nadeem Daya, A Golden Lick, Blissful Death, The Brothel Creepers, Circling Crows, Rapid Fire Funk, The Scythes, Full Metal Freakout, The Painful Bliss, Cat Green & The Bodyshots, Stage Fright, Casey & The Creepy Feelings

Remixes
=Misc Remixes=
After Burner - Added OVERBLAST!! Shooting Game Arrange Compilation Album - MAXIMUM POWER ~ AFTER BURNER
Fantasy Zone - Added OVERBLAST!! Shooting Game Arrange Compilation Album - THE THANAT
Rez - Added OVERBLAST!! x2 Shooting Game Arrange Compilation Album - Synaesthesia
Artists:

TIMECAPSULE / PULSENOTES / 2000
Contains 9 tracks
Artists: YET11
Details: OPN arrangements of GALAXY FORCE and AFTER BURNER II, and PSG arrangements of SPACE HARRIER and AFTER BURNER.

Violin de Hiite Mita ep2 ~ Maou no Gyakushuu / Scream no Hito / SuperSweep / 2009
Contains 3 tracks
Artists: Yousuke Yasui, Shinji Hosoe, Taihei Sato
Staff for VGMdb
Editor for SEGA RETRO

Nicolaas Hamman
Playlist Manager
Playlist Manager

Update 11/14/2022 Cyber Space Bit Wars
AZTEC ADVENTURE (Nazca '88) / SEGA / 1987
Renamed all tracks
Artists: Chikako Kamatani
Details: Previously I used my own translations for the titles, but I’ve swapped them with the translations from the US manual. But that wouldn’t cover every track, I also renamed the English game title to use the one written in the manua, so all-caps and without The Golden Road to Paradise as a subtitle (which is also in the Japanese game and isn’t considered part of the game title).

Altered Beast [Mega Drive] / SEGA / 1988
Replaced all tracks
Artists: Kazuhiko Nagai
Details: A cleaner rip that doesn’t just call this version Altered Beast. Makes it look superior to other versions!

Darwin 4081 / SEGA, Samsung / 1990
Contains 10 tracks
Artists: Seiichi Hamada, H-Matumoto

ESWAT [Master System] / SEGA / 1990
Replaced all tracks
Details: I don't think I noticed the game was already on the playlist, but I changed the name from E-SWAT: City Under Siege to ESWAT, like the rest of them, and is displayed in the game's manual.

Gain Ground [Master System] / SEGA / 1991
Contains 7 tracks

HUMANKIND / SEGA / 2021
Added 22 tracks
Artists: Arnaud Roy, Dimitar Gougov
Details: These are the songs from the Together We Rule DLC. They’re very new.

Last Battle (Hokuto no Ken: Shin Seikimatsu Kyuuseishu Densetsu) / SEGA / 1989
Contains 13 tracks
Artists: BOOTY

Mystic Defender (Kujaku Oh 2) / SEGA / 1989
Replaced all tracks. Added 1 track.
Artists: Chikako Kamatani, Kazuhiko Nagai
Details: A cleaner rip. Only TARNYA (Chikako Kamatani) is credited in the game, but Kazuhiko Nagai has several songs on his YouTube channel, so those are tagged to him and the rest to Kamatani even if they might also be his work. The one new track is Opening, as it and the jingles aren’t included in the sound test.

Pepenga Pengo / SEGA / 1995
Contains 27 tracks
Artists: Hiyodori Tome, Chikayo Fukuda

Poseidon Wars 3-D / SEGA / 1989
Contains 17 tracks
Artists: Tokuhiko Uwabo
Details: Contains both PSG and FM

Osomatsu-kun: Hachamecha Gekijou / SEGA / 1988
Contains 9 tracks

RING OUT 4X4 / SEGA / 1999
Renamed 1 track (ADVERTISE)
Artists: Tadahiko Inoue
Details: I misspelt ADVERTISE as ADVERISE. By the way, I've just met Tadahiko Inoue on VGMdb, did you know he is also XOR?

Sonic Adventure 2 / SEGA / 2001
Renamed 1 track (Vengeance Is Mine)
Artists: Jun Senoue
Details: It was spelt Vengence Is Mine on the playlist, taking after the original official soundtrack, but more recent album appearances rename it Vengeance Is Mine. Viper suggested this change in response to the next game.

Sonic Frontiers / SEGA / 2022
Contains 95 tracks
Artists: Tomoya Ohtani, Merry Kirk-Holmes, Kenichi Tokoi, Rintaro Soma, Kanon Oguni, Kenji Mizuno, Kellin Quinn, Hiroshi Kawaguchi, Kellin Quinn, Tyler Smith, Quinn Barnitt, ONE OK ROCK, Nathan Sharp
Details: Have you already found your favourites songs? Or is there something left to discover? You may have been inspired by the spotlight on Pick ‘N Mix.

Surging Aura / SEGA / 1995
Contains 22 tracks
Artstits: KAMO

Third Party Music:
Jantei Monogatari / Renovation Game / 1991
Contains 12 tracks
Artists: Tsukasa Masuko
Staff for VGMdb
Editor for SEGA RETRO

Nicolaas Hamman
Playlist Manager
Playlist Manager

Update 11/28/2022 Vehicular Bandslaughter
Bayonetta 3 / Nintendo / 2022
Contains 182 tracks. Work by Bisylizzie
Artists: Aoba Nakanashi, Chess Galea, Erina Niwa, Hiroshi Yamaguchi, Hitomi Kurokawa, Hyun Kim, Julie Nathanson, Masahiro Aoki, Masami Ueda, Mikaila Delgado, Naofumi Harada, Rachael Hawnt, Rei Kondoh, Ririko Nanase, Ryo Furukawa, Seiji Hotta, Shu Kanematsu, Takahiro Izutani, Takashi Nakabeppu, Takumi Higuchi, Tomoki Kameyama, Yoshitaka Suzuki
Details: I hear there’ll be a Pick ‘N Mix episode focusing on this soundtrack, which tracks do you think will appear?

CHUNITHM CRYSTAL / SEGA / 2019
Contains 29 tracks
Artists: 3R2, Acotto, Aoi Sumito, Bo-Xun Lin, Daisuke Ishiwatari/Arc System Works, James Landino, Jesus (Wonderful☆Opportunity!), Kairiki Bear, Koujimachiyousankan, litmus*, MOSAIC.WAV/t+pazolite, NAOKI MAEDA, Nhato, Noah, nora2r, Norn, rissyuu, sakuzyo, s-don vs. Isuka Hino, SEGA, Shi Kuang Lee, Yu-dachi, yukitani, Yuma Mizonokuchi axel. Ai Ohsera, YurryCanon, Yuyuta

CHUNITHM CRYSTAL PLUS / SEGA / 2020
Contains 18 tracks
Artists: asa, Chroma, Clean Tears feat.kukuri, Colorful Sounds Port, ETIA., Harumaki Gohan, MK&Kanae Asaba, MOSAIC.WAV, owl*tree, POLICE PICCADILLY, Satuki Ga Tenkomori, Spiegel vs Ice, suzu, t+pazolite (HARDCORE TANO*C), Takenobu Mitsuyoshi VS Shoji Meguro, Therapeutic Hoedown, YM, Yuya Kobayashi (IOSYS)

CHUNITHM NEW / SEGA / 2021
Renamed 1 track.
Artists: owl*tree
Details: Inpaqq (feat. ka*tree) became Inpaqq (feat. ka*tree)

CHUNITHM NEW PLUS / SEGA / 2022
Renamed 1 track.
Artists: Camellia
Details: Λzure Vixen became Azure Vixen

CHUNITHM PARADISE / SEGA / 2021
Contains 22 tracks
Artists: 3R2 as Katzeohr, Cranky, DIVELA, Hiroaki Sano, Iris, KOTONOHOUSE, Kurubukko, Laur vs CK, owl*tree/t+pazolite, pan vs 7mai, Potwi, Ring, Sarukeba, sasakure.UK VS Daisuke Anayama, SEGA, Spiegel vs Yukino, The AirCarrier, TOKOTOKO (NishizawasanP), TUYU, Virtual Cat

CHUNITHM PARADISE LOST / SEGA / 2021
Contains 24 tracks
Artists: Bocchi Boromaru, D-Cee, emon(Tes.), Feryquitous, Garuna (OwataP), Karasuya-sabou, kashiko. feat. Cereus, Kayuki, KMNZ, Li Camellia, Loser Kashiwagi, Marpril, memex, mikitoP, Neko Hacker, Nirukajitsu & BiS, penoreri, PRASTIK DANCEFLOOR, PSYQUI, Rokulo, Silentroom, Suisei Hoshimachi (hololive), Takenobu Mitsuyoshi VS Daisuke Anayama VS Kai VS Kenji Mizuno VS Kanon Oguni, Yooh
Details: These 4 all come from CHUNITHM ALL JUSTICE COLLECTION ep. III.

Danan: The Jungle Fighter / SEGA / 1991
Contains 11 tracks
Artists: Tadahiko Inoue
Details: Remember how I talked a bit with MegaAnserComposer Tadahiko Inoue / XOR on the VGMdb? Good times. marklincadet must have been very excited to have so quickly completed a VGM pack for SMS Power!

Death Crimson OX / SEGA, ECOLE, Sammy / 2000
Contains 14 tracks
Artists: Kaoru Mizuki, Kunitaka Watanabe, Masafumi Ogata, Yuhki Kusaragi

DIRT DEVILS / SEGA / 1998
Contains 10 tracks
Artists: Sei Matsumura, Yuko Iseki

Emergency Call Ambulance / SEGA / 1998
Replaced all tracks. Added 4 tracks
Artists: Haruyoshi Tomita
Details: The recording quality of the previous version is so different I just removed that instead of reloading the tags, otherwise the previews would sound very different between replaced and brand new tracks.

Phantasy Star Zero / SEGA / 2008
Retagged 2 tracks
Artists: Tadashi Kinukawa
Details: The Quest Anger became The Quiet Anger

Puzzle & Action Treasure Hunt (2DO ARUKOTOWA SANDOAHRU) (Sand-R) [Arcade] / SEGA / 1995
Renamed 13 tracks

Puzzle & Action Treasure Hunt (2DO ARUKOTOWA SANDOAHRU) (Sand-R) [Saturn] / CRI / 1997
Renamed 13 tracks
Details: For a lot of songs, I previously had to guess what the English translation was based on what the voice actors seemed to say, but some Korean websites had the translations written down (alongside the corresponding Korean translation), so I’ve replaced all the mini-game names with those.

Donald no Magical World (Ronald in the Magical World) / SEGA / 1994
Replaced all tracks
Artists: Yoko Wada, Hikoshi Hashimoto
Details: I heard some people liked my track names, but these ones are all ones marklincadet devised for SMS Power!

Ski Champ / SEGA / 1997
Contains 14 tracks
Artists: Nanae Suizu

WAKUPUYO DUNGEON (EXPERT) (Waku Puyo Dungeon Ketteiban) / COMPILE / 1999
Retagged 1 track. Suggested by Jamie
Artists: Kou Hayashi, Keita Haga, Osamu Ishikawa, Daisuke Nagata, Shigeharu Imano
Details: Meteor Shower☆ became Meteor Shower

Yakuza 4 (Ryu ga Gotoku 4) / SEGA / 2010
Added 27 tracks
Artists: Yuri Fukuda, Takashi Nagasaka, Naofumi Hataya, Tatsuyuki Maeda, Masaru Setsumaru, Tomonori Sawada, Hideki Abe, Tadashi Kinukawa
Details: These are more songs which didn’t appear on the digital soundtracks, though some are in-game versions which are different from their appearances on the albums. It’s a lot of Cafe Music, so is filtered to be more ambient to those environments.

Third Party Music:
Death Crimson / ECOLE / 1996
Contains 13 tracks
Artists: Kunitaka Watanabe
Details: Both this and Death Crimson OX are sourced from Death Crimson History.
Staff for VGMdb
Editor for SEGA RETRO

Nicolaas Hamman
Playlist Manager
Playlist Manager

Update 12/5/2022 A Personal Kiss
HATSUNE MIKU: COLORFUL STAGE! (Project SEKAI COLORFUL STAGE! feat. Hatsune Miku) / SEGA and Colorful Palette / 2021
Replaced 2 tracks. Added 33 tracks. Work by Bisylizzie
Artists: *Luna, buzzG, FullkawaP, halyosy, Harumaki Gohan, Heavenz, Hiiragi Kirai, Honeyworks, Kasamura Tota, kemu, marasy, Natsushiro Takaaki, Watanabe Takuya, n-buna, PinocchioP, rerulili, SEGA and Colorful Palette, Zips

Hatsune Miku Live Stage Producer / SEGA / 2012
Contains 5 tracks. Work by Bisylizzie

Hatsune Miku: Project DIVA f / SEGA / 2012
Replaced 2 tracks. Added 9 tracks. Work by Bisylizzie

Hatsune Miku: Project DIVA F 2nd / SEGA / 2014
Added 7 tracks. Work by Bisylizzie

Miku Flick / SEGA / 2012
Contains 2 tracks. Work by Bisylizzie

Miku Flick/02 / SEGA / 2012
Contains 5 tracks. Work by Bisylizzie

No More Heroes 3 / XSEED Games, Marvelous, SEGA / 2022
Contains 20 tracks
Artists: DJ2nd, Baku Furukawa, Fumi Miyoshi, Jun Fukuda, MEEBEE, Nobuaki Kaneko, Okumura., Sekitova, Tony Astro, WHALE TALX & annie the clumsy

Segapede / SEGA? / 2022?
Contains 1 track
Artists: Howard Drossin

SEKAI SYMPHONY 2021 Live CD / Warner Music Japan / 2021
Contains 18 tracks. Work by Bisylizzie
Artists: Tokyo Philharmonic Orchestra & Sekai Symphony Special Band

SEKAI SYMPHONY 2022 Live CD / Warner Music Japan / 2021
Contains 21 tracks. Work by Bisylizzie
Artists: Tokyo Philharmonic Orchestra & Sekai Symphony Special Band

Super Monkey Ball: Step & Roll (Super Monkey Ball Athletic) / SEGA / 2010
Renamed 1 track
Artists: Kay Hanley, Tomoya Ohtani, Mariko Nanba
Details: Happy Ride became The Happy Ride

The House of the Dead 4 / SEGA / 2005
Replaced 1 track
Details: Bullet of Death (Gauge) became Gauge of Death. It was a mistranslation that led to the original title.

Bisylizzie helped out with a lot more mobile games than just these Hatsune Miku ones, but I've decided to withhold those until next week so the focus can be on Fan Choice-related additions, which also includes (as you can see from the dates) No More Heroes 3 and potentially Segapede (it hasn't been discussed yet). And potentially SEKAI SYMPHONY 2022 Live CD, I also left that question 'till very late.
Staff for VGMdb
Editor for SEGA RETRO

Nicolaas Hamman
Playlist Manager
Playlist Manager

Update/12/13/2022 Overnight Eyeshadow
Alice Gear Aegis CS: Concerto of Simulatrix / PQube, SEGA / 2021
Contains 22 tracks. Work by Bisylizzie (I think)
Artists: COSIO, MASAKI (ZUNTATA), Shohei Tsuchiya (ZUNTATA), Yu Shimoda
Details: A SEGA Asia release that’s eligible for Fan Choice Song of the Year. Have you heard it before?

Anpanman to Korenani? / SEGA / 2016
Contains 3 tracks. Sourced and tagged by Bisylizzie, edited by Nicolaas Hamman
Details: The title I picked for the gameplay theme is from the text marked with a music note in early stages of the game. Bisylizzie originally named it Gameplay.
Details from Bisylizzie: Wasn’t sure what to name [Otanoshimi BGM], as couldn’t seem to easily identify where it would’ve played in-game from videos, just went with what it was originally tagged as from the files, without the underscore

Athlete Kings (Decathlete) (Dec-A-thlete) / SEGA / 1996
Contains 4 tracks
Artists: Saeko Sasaki
Details: This is all the CD audio songs from the game. There’s a couple on-boards tracks made to loop, but the sound emulation on my recording of the sound test isn’t accurate, so that’ll need to be handled in the future.

Bonanza Bros. [PC-Engine (Super CD-ROM2)] / NEC Avenue / 1992
Renamed 1 track. Suggested by PocketEleri
Artists: T's Music, S.S
Details: Mid-week update. Thrilling Bonanza had a typo before.

CODE OF JOKER Pocket / SEGA / 2017
Added 1 track. Work by Bisylizzie

Cool Spot [Mega Drive] / Virgin Games / 1993
Landed from Third Party Music. Contains 9 tracks. Suggested by Jamie
Artists: Tommy Tallarico
Details: Jamie pointed out that the barcode on the US version uses the 010086 which indicates SEGA of America manufactured the game. At least recently that’s been making games eligible for adding to the playlist. If you’re wondering, I haven’t seen the barcode for the Game Gear version.

Crazy Taxi City Rush / SEGA / 2014
Contains 1 track. Sourced and tagged by Bisylizzie, edited by Nicolaas Hamman
Details from Bisylizzie: not sure whether it’s with a colon or without, archive version of the official site seems to have it without. Erring on side of caution re. the licenced tracks in it, after Viper’s note, but at least got the main theme from it for now

Dungeon of the Endless / AMPLITUDE Studio, SEGA / 2014
Added 2 tracks
Artists: FlybyNo

Flag to Flag (Super Speed Racing) / SEGA / 1999
Renamed 2 tracks. Suggested by electricboogaloo. Also renamed game
Details: Akihito Okawa, Houzou Okazaki
Details: Power Drive became Power Dive, Breakthrough became Break Through

Fuuin Yuusha! Mine Tou to Sora no Meikyuu / SEGA / 2014
Contains 9 tracks. Sourced and tagged by Bisylizzie, edited by Nicolaas Hamman

Harley-Davidson & L.A.Riders / SEGA / 1997
Added 2 tracks
Artists: Masanori Takeuchi
Details: Unused Track isn’t in the sound test, but Jingle Bells is. I assume it plays during the Holiday period, so please play it this year. By the way, there’s 3 Masanori Takeuchi soundtracks with Jingle Bells counting SEGA SKI SUPER-G and segaGT2002 (Christmas Version).

Mekutte! Hitsuji Bokujou / SEGA / 2012

segaGT2002 (Christmas Version)
Contains 1 track. Work by GreenVioer8
Artists: Masanori Takeuchi
Details: Included in Official Xbox Demo Disc Version 14. Viper seems very excited about it, will it receive WinterFest coverage?

Sonic Frontiers / SEGA / 2022
Replaced 91 tracks. Added 42 tracks. Removed 4 tracks
Artists: Kanon Oguni, Kenichi Tokoi, Kenji Mizuno, Rintaro Soma, Takahito Eguchi, Tomoya Ohtani
Details: From the Stillness & Motion album. System - Arcade Mode isn't on there (nor is Vandalize), so I kept it although it's similar to Cyber Space Results Screen.

Spellwood / SEGA, Three Winds Design / 2012
Contains 2 tracks. Work by Bisylizzie

Spoon Pet Collector / Hit Point Co. Ltd. and Sega Toys / 2016

Sorry about missing the posting date yesterday. I've been feeling too tired in the Summer heat and my eyes are sore. I couldn't stay up past 0:40 when there was still things to come in.
Most likely this is the last playlist update I work on this year. Maybe there'll be one the Monday of WinterFest 2022.
Staff for VGMdb
Editor for SEGA RETRO

Nicolaas Hamman
Playlist Manager
Playlist Manager

Update 12/21/2022 Out of Order
Christmas NiGHTS
Contains 11 tracks, all of which landed. Indirectly suggested by Ravsieg
Artists: Naofumi Hataya, Tokoko Sasaki

Love and Berry: Dress Up and Dance!
Added 18 tracks
Artists: Chikako Kamatani, Kazuhiko Nagai
Details: These all come from the Worldwide Song Collection, so it’s the same 6 songs from the first version of the game, but sung in English, Korean and Chinese.

Line of Fire [Arcade]
Contains 9 tracks
Artists: Minoru Aoki

Line of Fire [Master System]
Contains 9 tracks
Artists: Hikoshi Hashimoto

Mononoke Bloodshow (Hyakki Taisen Emaki)
Contains 5 tracks
Artists: Junko Tahara, Takenobu Mitsuyoshi

NiGHTS into dreams…
12 tracks departed for Christmas NiGHTS and NiGHTS into dreams… PERFECT ALBUM

NiGHTS into dreams… PERFECT ALBUM
Contains 1 track, which landed
Artists: Naofumi Hataya

Third Party Music
Super Gem Fighter Mini Mix (POCKET FIGHTER)
Contains 8 tracks
Artists: Isao Abe, Yoshino Aoki, Yuki Iwai

My last update for the year, a couple days removed from WinterFest 2022. Kinda rushed I guess, as plans suddenly changed so that I would leave for holiday today.
Staff for VGMdb
Editor for SEGA RETRO

Nicolaas Hamman
Playlist Manager
Playlist Manager

Update 1/6/2023 We Recommend Fan Choice
Astro City Mini V / SEGATOYS / 2022
Contains 3 tracks
Artists: Hiro, Takenobu Mitsuyoshi
Fantasy Zone [Mega Drive Mini 2] / SEGA / 2022
Contains 15 tracks
Artists: Hideki Konishi
Mega Drive Mini 2 -Multiverse Sound World- / SEGA / 2022
Contains 2 tracks
Artists: Hiro & Takenobu Mitsuyoshi, S.S.T. Legends
Sin Chronicle / SEGA / 2022
Contains 98 tracks. Work by Bisylizzie
Artists: Kenji Ito, Kevin Penkin, Masashi Hamauzu, Masato Coda, Motoi Sakuraba, SEGA, Tae Fujimoto, Tsutomu Narita, Yasunori Mitsuda, Yoko Shimomura, Yuzo Koshiro
Space Harrier II [Mega Drive Mini 2] / SEGA / 2022
Contains 19 tracks
Artists: WING☆
Space Harrier [Mega Drive Mini 2] / SEGA / 2022
Contains 1 track
Artists: WING☆

These Friday additions are all for soundtracks eligible for this edition of Fan Choice Song of the Year, which you can hear excerpts of in tonight's Pick N' Mix. Don't worry, I still except to do a regular playlist update this coming Monday.
Staff for VGMdb
Editor for SEGA RETRO

Nicolaas Hamman
Playlist Manager
Playlist Manager

Update 1/9/2023 Leftovers Night
Dyna Brothers / CRI, SEGA / 1992
Contains 19 tracks
Artists: Mikan Yuzuno
Details: Sourced from DYNA BROTHERS 1 & 2 - Music Album -

Dyna Brothers 1&2 -Music Album- / WAVE MASTER / 2022
Contains 21 tracks
Details: These are all MIDI arrangements taken from Masami Yitsuse’s website, although I think some of them were unreleased before.

Dyna Brothers 2 / CRI, SEGA / 2013
Contains 35 tracks
Artists: Aoi Akai, Johann Sebastian Bach, Mikan Yuzuno

GAME CAN SPECIAL (Game no Kanzume Otokuyou) / SEGA / 2022
Contains 1 track

Harley-Davidson & L.A. Riders / SEGA / 1998
Removed 1 track
Details: Unused Track is the same as Sun Goes Down(extra version)

HATSUNE MIKU: COLORFUL STAGE! (Project SEKAI COLORFUL STAGE! feat. Hatsune Miku) / SEGA and Colorful Palette / 2020
Replaced 2 tracks. Added 37 tracks. Work by Bisylizzie
Artists: 40mP, 164, Aqu3ra, Capchii, HachiojiP, Hachiya Nanashi, Heavenz, kikuo, KurageP, Loin, Mafumafu, OSTER project, Police Piccadilly, rerulili, Satsuki ga Tenkomori, SEGA and Colorful Palette, TOKOTOKO, Yonaka, Yunosuke

Puzzle & Action: Treasure Hunt (2DO ARUKOTOWA SANDOAHRU) (Sand-R) [Saturn] / SEGA /1996
Replaced 1 track
Details: The arrangement of “Dash!” from DYNA BROTHERS 2 has been replaced with the version recorded for DYNA BROTHERS 1 & 2 - Music Album -

Sonic & Knuckles / SEGA / 1994
Retagged 10 tracks. Suggested by Jamie
Artists: Masaru Setsumaru, Masayuki Nagao, Sachio Ogawa, Tatsuyuki Maeda, Tomonori Sawada
Details: See Sonic the Hedgehog

Sonic Origins / SEGA / 2022
Retagged 6 tracks
Artists: Jun Senoue, Kenichi Tokoi, Teruhiko Nakagawa
Details: There’s a sound museum in the game with all this music, and it doesn’t have dashes in the titles, so I removed them.

Sonic the Hedgehog 3 / SEGA / 1994
Retagged 16 tracks. Suggested by Jamie
Artists: Bobby Brooks, Brad Buxer, Darryl Ross, Doug Grigsby III, Geoff Grace, Masaru Setsumaru, Masayuki Nagao, Sachio Ogawa, Scirocco, Tatsuyuki Maeda, Tomonori Sawada
Details: IceCap Zone used the word Act to denote its regular cue and alternate cue, but the rest just used numbers. Changed that to all using Act since most people use that and it’s even been officially used in Sonic Origins recently.

StarHorse / SEGA / 2000
Added 3 tracks
Artists: Kazuhito Shimizu, Sachio Ogawa
Details: There’s still missing songs, but these are the ones I could record from the sound test

StarHorse 2001 / SEGA / 2001
Contains 2 tracks
Artists: Kazuhito Shimizu
Details: There’s still missing songs, but these are the ones I could record from the sound test. Actually, it’s the same positions as StarHorse, but SND_PRE_RACE_BGM is replaced, while SND_ENDING_BGM is remixed. I have my suspicions about what the song titles are, but don’t want to potentially spread misinformation.
Staff for VGMdb
Editor for SEGA RETRO