SEGA Mixer Drive - Discussion Thread

The latest updates and comments on our Live Shows...
Rexy
Show DJ
Show DJ

Post by Rexy »

Let's get this worked up again now, shall we?

Season 3 is starting this Friday! Everything I said about it is in the blog - new features, returning features, the 100th episode coming up, the request pool being re-opened up... and all that and all that.

Get hype! :-)
sailorneorune
Level 1
Level 1

Post by sailorneorune »

Sorry to bump an old thread, but will the iTunes podcast listing for SMD be updated with new stuff? I've enjoyed what I've heard so far, but I'd like some shows from later than February '15 to rock out too. Please let me know if there are any plans for updates. Thanks! :guitar:
Rexy
Show DJ
Show DJ

Post by Rexy »

I admit I am getting behind on podcasts again, unfortunately. I will however start the push again to catch up on getting some of the Summer ones onto the RadioSEGA Media server as soon as possible. Thank you for your patience.

Anyway, the main reason why I am here marks the thing we do every end of the year that we call "looking back at the new releases of the year and seeing the defining anthems of the show". Aka, the Year In Review!

Starting from today, there will be four polls over the space of 12 weeks, running one at a time for 2 weeks each, and they all ask for your feedback on what had been the most amazing releases over the past year. Each of them will have no more than 30 tracks each, all representing a season.

Winter's selection went live during tonight's show! You can check it out over here:
https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/JNR9JBD

All you need to do is pick your 10 favorite tracks from this particular bunch. The top 3 from this poll will make their way into the Season Finale this December. This particular survey will run until Friday, 2nd October at 9PM UK time.

So what are you waiting for? Let your voice be heard about the tunes picked for this block! :-)
Rexy
Show DJ
Show DJ

Post by Rexy »

Hello! I'm still working hard on podcasts, in fact I've managed to make some good progress earlier this week with the backlog. I will keep pushing on and give you an update in the next few days.

Spring's 2015 In Review poll also went live last week with 29 tracks to pick from, and we've already got a healthy response! If you still haven't made a decision yet, you can click over here and fill out the form:
https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/ZPP8CY5

Again, all you should do is pick 10 tracks from the batch. The top 3 from this poll - and indeed it's really tight considering there's a FIVE-WAY-TIE right now - will make their way into the Season Finale this December. You have until Friday, 23rd of October (Segathon day!) at 9PM UK time, even though we start at 8:30PM this week due to Segathon.

Once again, let your voice be heard! :-)
SoloNerfherder
Level 5
Level 5

Post by SoloNerfherder »

Looking forward to the podcasts! Have been without any new Mixer Drive for ages~~~>_<;
Rexy
Show DJ
Show DJ

Post by Rexy »

Posting in here to remind you that the 2015 In Review Summer Poll is due to end this Friday at 9PM UK time. We've got a good response already, but it looks as if many of the big fighters all have one or two votes between them right now, so it could go either way.

If you've yet to contribute, click here and pick your 10 favorite new releases that were heard here first throughout Mid-June to August. The overall top 3 from this poll will join the top 3 of the other polls into the Season Finale this December.

Let's keep up the momentum! :)
Rexy
Show DJ
Show DJ

Post by Rexy »

Oh my! We are 1 day away from the Season Finale for this year. Can you believe how fast 2015 has gone?

There's only one way left to influence the setlist for tomorrow's show, and that is the final 2015 In Review Poll! We've had a load of contributions from listeners already, but there could be way to swing things around in the last minute. These final nominations came from September onwards to the end of November, so these should be fresher in your mind if you are a regular listener.

Once again, the overall top 3 from this poll will join the other 3 of the other polls in the Season Finale tomorrow. Let's see what you're seeing as future RS classics! :-)
Rexy
Show DJ
Show DJ

Post by Rexy »

Hello! Couple of things in regards to SMD :)

Firstly, you guys will be pleased to know that the podcasts have caught up! The multiple-month-long backlog had been cut big-time and uploaded to RadioSEGA's Media Section, so this means I am back on track! Last week's episode is still yet to be tagged and this week's to be chaptered though, so look out for them over the course of the weekend.

Secondly, SMD's 2016 In Review has begun! Like last time, you guys have a say as to what would go into the Season Finale in the beginning of December - aka, the most memorable new releases during the past year. However, with more highlights being played this year than any other, instead of picking your 10 favorites from each seasonal selection, the quota has gone up to 12! Winter's poll - covering the first 3 months or so of Season 4 - is right here and will be open for the next 2 weeks, the cutoff time being 9PM UK time on September 30th.

Lastly, keep on enjoying the show and all the others that are floating around on RadioSEGA! :)
Rexy
Show DJ
Show DJ

Post by Rexy »

So far so good on the reception for the Remix Highlights this year! With one poll down, it's time we went straight to the Spring selection, covering the next 3 months in line, taking you all the way to the middle of June. The link is over here and you know what happens here - go tell us which 12 of those tracks amazed you the most during that time frame. The cutoff time is 9PM UK time on October 21st.

The response for the Winter one really surprised me, so let's see how this one goes as well! :)
Rexy
Show DJ
Show DJ

Post by Rexy »

Two polls down, two to go. I am so greatful for your responses - heck, the Spring one had a higher turnout than the previous, which sounds amazing!

The Summer poll is now available here, ready for you to pick out your 12 favorites out of the selection that extended from mid-June through to early September. The cut-off time is November 11th at 9PM UK time.