SEGA Mixer Drive - Discussion Thread

The latest updates and comments on our Live Shows...
Rexy
Show DJ
Show DJ

Post by Rexy »

Just a reminder post to state that October 18th's broadcast will be pre-recorded due to myself being abroad. I will record the whole thing on Sunday night, so if there's anything you absolutely want to hear next Friday, send in your requests by 5PM this Sunday. It will be another Free-For-All for that purpose, so the stage is all yours. That is all :)
KC
Administrator
Administrator

Post by KC »

Heads up! All the latest SEGA Mixer Drive episodes are now up for grabs on iTunes as well as RadioSEGA Media.
Rexy
Show DJ
Show DJ

Post by Rexy »

Alright - first post in here for a while. This is what I get for having a holiday to think about as well as the actual show. xD

Anyway, thanks to those that managed to tune in last night! The podcast may be slightly late, but it will appear momentarily.

Next week's show is a Free-For-All, so your requests are open for this one. Is there a remix that you think would be great to hear on the show, haven't heard in a while, or just think it's flatout awesome and you want the world to hear it? Just let me know by the usual outlets.

As mentioned in last week's show, Episode 46 (22 November) will be a Mega Drive edition due to it just turning 25 in Japan and being about to turn 23 in Europe around that time. If you want to request something specifically FOR then, you can do that too.

Finally, the 2013 In Review polls had been moving again, and this week we're on with July's picks. There's only 9 tracks this time, but they're diverse and show a lot of fighting spirit. Which of the new releases from episodes 25-28 were your favorites? Click here, kick back and listen to them, and fill in the form. I'll take care of the rest. You have until 7:30PM UK time on Friday 8 November.

And that's it. Just hold on tight for the podcast really soon! :)
Rexy
Show DJ
Show DJ

Post by Rexy »

Heads up - we are two shows left from the season, and last night was the last request driven night for it. All there is left are two shows before I go on Christmas break.

We all know about the Season Finale in Decenber, which you guys can get involved by stating your favorite new releases from each month - your picks make half of the setlist. October's poll is open as of right now, so goclick here and listen to the tunes if you hadn't heard them yet / need a reminder. Fill the form out, then I will take care of the rest. You have until 7:30PM UK time on Friday 29 November.

What's gonna happen next week? Well, OverClocked Remix has announced the forthcoming release of Temporal Duality, remixing BOTH scores for Sonic CD! I'm going to be on hand to play through the entire thing in a special 3 hour show, so don't miss it! :)
Rexy
Show DJ
Show DJ

Post by Rexy »

Wow, that Sonic CD project was something! A huge test of endurance, but thank you all for listening in and hearing the album! If you enjoyed what you hear, and want to have it on your PC, it's all at http://soniccd.ocremix.org!

All that leaves now is next week's Season Finale. However, we are one listener pick short, so let's go for it - November's 2013 In Review poll! All you need to do is click here and go over the 11 musical items in the set if you haven't done so already / need that reminder. The time limit on this one is completely tighter - you only have until 7PM on Friday 6 December to make that final pick!

Either way, what a ride this whole series has been! I shall meet you again next Friday. :)
Twinny
News Team
News Team
Preferred pronouns: He/Him

Post by Twinny »

Oh wow the season finale next week. You did good, other times great as a RS DJ throughout the year. Sure there were snags here and there but you never stopped with the show because of those things. :)
Radio:SEGA: Gang Since October 2010

SoloNerfherder
Level 5
Level 5

Post by SoloNerfherder »

Holy crap, season finale already???! I'm still playing catch up with the glut of podcasts that got upped a few months ago! I think I'm in the September episodes now...

Well, I won't make it on time for the finale, so I'll say "in advance" well done on all your awesome work this year. I know you felt like you struggled a bit, but from my end, your podcasts have given me a lot of entertainment and kept up my spirits during some hard times. And there aren't exactly a plethora of SEGA fans to talk to round my way :D Just my 6 year old son, who is mad for Daytona USA and a passing interest in all things Sonic.
Thanks for making such an awesome podcast. Easily my favourite one, and the only one where I re-listen to episodes so I can note down the tracks I like and search for them online :) :rockin: :guitar: :decide:
Rexy
Show DJ
Show DJ

Post by Rexy »

Kind of late on this one, but SMD is making its return for a brand new season!

Tonight at 9PM UK time, SMD is taking to the floor for the usual stuff we had heard before, but with a lot of fresh ideas for the new season. Much of them are over on the show blog on the subject, so go check it out.

Having said that, the request pool has been re-opened! If there's any tracks you want to hear on a future show, just get in touch with me at the usual outlets and I will get back to you.

Don't miss it at 9PM tonight! :)
kadosho
Level 9
Level 9

Post by kadosho »

Wow good to know about the new season. Tried to log on sooner to add a request, but connection was laggy. Going to do some diggin to add a request for this week. All the best to ya Rexy =D
SoloNerfherder
Level 5
Level 5

Post by SoloNerfherder »

Any ETA on when some more eps will get uploaded onto podcast feeds? I finally caught up to the 7th February ep and found there weren't any more in my stock o' podcasts!

Loving the new season, BTW. Especially the new album art! From the secret art in Sonic CD, right?