SEGA Mixer Drive - Discussion Thread

The latest updates and comments on our Live Shows...
Rexy
Show DJ
Show DJ

Post by Rexy »

First of all, thank you all for tuning into last night's RPG Night! It was one of mammoth proportions, with Eino Keskitalo's band of Shining Force 2 arrangers really sweetening the deal. The podcast will be available over the weekend.

In addition, Poll #2 for the 2014 In Review is now LIVE:
https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/SLY7L78

Just like before, pick your fave 10 out of this batch of new releases from May-July, and your overall top 3 will make the setlist for the Season Finale at the end of December. We've had a great start with poll 1, so let's keep up this momentum!

See you next week - and the week after for halloweeeeen! Ooooooo~
SoloNerfherder
Level 5
Level 5

Post by SoloNerfherder »

Hey Rexy,

can you answer a question that's been bugging me for quite a long time? What's the name of the person doing the SEGA Mixer Drive ident who sounds like she's a psycho My Little Pony voice actress? She says something like "Listening to SEGA Mixer Drive is better than getting run over by an ambulance! Boo-boo-boo-boo..." It sounds like she says Modicum or Modicum or something, but Googling those words reveals nothing... Please identify the mystery lady 'fore I tear my hair out trying to figure it out! :wet:
SoloNerfherder
Level 5
Level 5

Post by SoloNerfherder »

By the way, great shows as usual! Only problem is I have a ton to catch up on because I thought the iTunes feed had gone over the summer... I didn't know the feed and the name of the podcast had been changed slightly! :mad:
Rexy
Show DJ
Show DJ

Post by Rexy »

Yeah, iTunes temporarily pulling down RS's podcasts hadn't really been a smart move. :( But the thing is, we got it sorted, we're back online, and we'll be sure to keep on being on top of things as ever.

The "crazy actress" you're on about is MysticPyroFreak, the voice of Monokuma in Danganronpa: The Misrepresentation (in which I'm also part of the cast as Celes).
As it has a cast primarily of people that have contributed to Sonic Paradox, getting her freeform performances on board was something that I definitely wanted to dive right into Series 2 with - and I'm glad the reception behind it has been so good as well! :-)
SoloNerfherder
Level 5
Level 5

Post by SoloNerfherder »

Thank you for answering my question!

Now I can finally put the mystery to rest. I like her voice. When I said she sounded like a psycho My Little Pony voice actress, I meant that in a good way, i.e. she reminds me of Tara Strong from MLP and lots of other stuff. And Tara's high pitched voices can sound rather crazy, which I think is brilliant and hilarious! So props to MysticPyroFreak for having such a talent!

It's nice to know there's more Mystic to listen to. I shall certainly be watching (and listening carefully for Mystic) that Danganronpa link when I have some time!

Once again, thanks, and carry on the awesome work on Mixer Drive!
kadosho
Level 9
Level 9

Post by kadosho »

I was wondering what happened to the podcast feeds o_o phew.. good to know all is well. Oh and that Mystic is awesome btw (and you are too Rexy) =D
KC
Administrator
Administrator

Post by KC »

Seems not everyone read this, so I'll post it here as well: iTunes feeds update
Rexy
Show DJ
Show DJ

Post by Rexy »

Can you believe it? It's November already? Not long now til the end of the Season for sure - next week is that all-important Mega Drive show, with all remixes that night based on the Blast Processing power of the YM2612 and the soundtracks it cranked out.

This Friday also saw the launch for the third 2014 In Review poll, Summer this time -
https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/Z7BMFXC

29 tracks, all fresh releases between July and early October - and just like before, fill it out with your favorite 10 out of the batch. As with all polls like this, the top 3 will be part of the setlist for the Season Finale next month. We've had a great turnout with the previous two polls, so let's keep it up! :-)

See you this Friday!
Rexy
Show DJ
Show DJ

Post by Rexy »

And right after that, we are now 2 weeks away from the end of the season. Couple of things here -

Tonight's show saw the fourth and FINAL 2014 In Review poll, aptly titled Autumn -
https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/ZWT5FJ9

26 tracks here, all first heard within the past 6 weeks (shorter time frame obviously relates to the Shining Force 2 stuff we've had last month!!) - all we need to know is what you felt were your favorite 10 out of this lot. Once again, the top 3 will be part of the setlist for the Season Finale on December 5th. Let's keep going!

Secondly... next week's episode will be a LISTENING PARTY for the Sounds of the Sonic Stadium 2014! You guys will get to listen to it all on SMD FIRST before it makes its big release for MP3 players and stereos everywhere. Go join in for a 3+ hour show featuring some fresh new music by some memorable faces at the TSS!

I'll see you next week! :-)
Atrias
Level 3
Level 3

Post by Atrias »

I really hope I can sit in for the listening party... I've not had much time for bloody ages and it will be nice to hear some "sick new choons!" or some such, and I had such a blast with the Gunstar listening party. Hope to see all you beautiful people there!
Faster than the speed of sound, sneaker wearing, chilli dog eating hedgehog with a penchant for industrial scale vandalism, animal activism and jewellery theft. Seems legit.