Old or Retro Games you still want

Non-SEGA? Shove your general gaming posts in here...
Gonic
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Gonic »

Agreed. I only found Toejam & Earl about two years ago and I think that game is amazing.
Quills on Wheels
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Quills on Wheels »

I used to want Sonic Shuffle...

...then I got it...

...Now I don't want it anymore....
Kaito-kun
Level 15
Level 15
Preferred pronouns: He/Him/They

Post by Kaito-kun »

Quills on Wheels wrote:I used to want Sonic Shuffle...

...then I got it...

...Now I don't want it anymore....
Oh Sonic fans!
Twinny
News Team
News Team
Preferred pronouns: He/Him

Post by Twinny »

Bust-A-Move, the game that arguably started all those faker "match these items by launching the same color from the bottom to the top" puzzle games.
supershadow01
Level 4
Level 4

Post by supershadow01 »

Bust-A-Move has awesome music. In fact, the game music kinda reminds of the Sonic 3 file select music.
Kaito-kun wrote:Don't buy Shadow the Hedgehog.

Also, there's more to retro gaming and SEGA than Sonic and Sonic Team. You do know that, right?
First, I personally relate to Shadow. I see a lot of myself in the character. But I will definitely take your opinion into consideration.

Second, I am well aware of other SEGA games, such as Vectorman, Ristar, Dynamite Headdy, Ecco the Dolphin, After Burner, Golden Axe, Alex Kidd, Flicky, Opa-Opa, Pengo, and even "Fonz" back in the mid-70s when SEGA was owned by Gulf+Western. I just enjoy the frenetic platforming that Sonic games have the most, considering I originally played Mario games, which are in a way rather similar.
Twinny wrote:My younger years were all about PlayStation.

And lol you want other's memories to be like yours, you silly man.
Thank you. My younger years were all Nintendo. I pretty much destroyed every main Mario game made. That is my background--that is who I am. Wait...who am I sounding like now?

I just ask for everyone to respect everyone else's backgrounds and just enjoy SEGA games together. Is that too much to ask?
"If the world chooses to become my enemy...I will fight like I always have!" -Shadow, Sonic the Hedgehog (2006)
Lucsian
Level 1
Level 1

Post by Lucsian »

I've been trying to get my hands on: Segagaga, Industrial Spy: Operation Espionage, Hybrid Heaven, & the original Fire Emblems games back on the Famicom.
Kaito-kun
Level 15
Level 15
Preferred pronouns: He/Him/They

Post by Kaito-kun »

supershadow01 wrote:First, I personally relate to Shadow. I see a lot of myself in the character.
But Shadow has no character! Well, nothing apart from "Urrrrghhh, I'm so dark and brooding and edgy...! MARIIIIAAAAAHHHHH!!!!!!"
Lucsian wrote:I've been trying to get my hands on: Segagaga, Industrial Spy: Operation Espionage, Hybrid Heaven, & the original Fire Emblems games back on the Famicom.
I'm somewhat curious about Segagaga myself: I'm interested to see what kind of mentality was happening at SEGA as they decided to parody themselves and the industry as their ship was rapidly sinking.

I'd love to explore Fire Emblem a little more myself as well. The only game in the franchise I've tried has been the recent 3DS entry, Awakening.
supershadow01
Level 4
Level 4

Post by supershadow01 »

Kaito-kun wrote:But Shadow has no character! Well, nothing apart from "Urrrrghhh, I'm so dark and brooding and edgy...! MARIIIIAAAAAHHHHH!!!!!!"
Well, maybe he is in Shadow the Hedgehog, but doesn't he go through changes in Sonic Adventure 2? If I remember right, he originally tries to take the Chaos Emeralds and blame Sonic in an attempt to destroy all humans, thinking that is what Maria wanted him to do. But doesn't Amy convince him that Maria may have wanted something else instead of the extermination of humanity? Anyway, I think Shadow gets over Maria by the end of Shadow the Hedgehog...isn't that what the song "Never Turn Back" is all about? To clarify, many of Shadow's mannerisms seem similar to mine--I scowl and cross my arms a lot, I have a ridiculously (unintentionally) funny angry face when I am outraged, I tend to brood a lot. I even have a rather cynical view of humanity in general, seeming them more as "sheeple" that blindly follow trends. And I am slowly trying to get past some low points in my life. You're right in that his character isn't that well-defined and there are some rather large holes left from the four major Sonic games he was in, but I think you made a rather blatant generalization about him to rationalize your bias against him.
"If the world chooses to become my enemy...I will fight like I always have!" -Shadow, Sonic the Hedgehog (2006)
Twinny
News Team
News Team
Preferred pronouns: He/Him

Post by Twinny »

supershadow01 wrote: But I think you made a rather blatant generalization about him to rationalize your bias against him.
This is how Kaito will usually act whenever he sees something that somehow upsets him to the point he has to bring out the "big guns."
Radio:SEGA: Gang Since October 2010

supershadow01
Level 4
Level 4

Post by supershadow01 »

Twinny wrote:This is how Kaito will usually act whenever he sees something that somehow upsets him to the point he has to bring out the "big guns."
Thank you for the tip, Twinny. When I get really upset, I usually end up either trying to blast the person with pure, cold logic in an attempt to convince them one and for all or just resorting to the "agree to disagree" method.