Old or Retro Games you still want

Non-SEGA? Shove your general gaming posts in here...
kadosho
Level 9
Level 9

Post by kadosho »

I have been trying to hunt down Sonic Adventure DX for sometime. I only saw a copy in the wild a few years ago. But the asking price is a bit humbling, sadly someone bought it after I glanced by it. (sigh) Maybe someday. *although i still own my original copy of SA1 (dreamcast version) =D
Gavvie
Show DJ
Show DJ

Post by Gavvie »

I've got Sonic Adventure DX. Funnily enough, I don't own the Dreamcast version, only the Japanese Birthday Pack version of SA2, and the Gamecube re-releases (and the HD ones on Xbox Live).
Twinny
News Team
News Team
Preferred pronouns: He/Him

Post by Twinny »

Gavvie wrote:I've got Sonic Adventure DX. Funnily enough, I don't own the Dreamcast version, only the Japanese Birthday Pack version of SA2, and the Gamecube re-releases (and the HD ones on Xbox Live).
Lucky man to own that Japanese B-Day Pack. Surely those are a rarity these days.

After watching some playthroughs, I would like to re-experience Spyro 2: Ripto's Rage and Spyro: Year of the Dragon again. And not via some emulation either, it just won't feel right.
Radio:SEGA: Gang Since October 2010

Gavvie
Show DJ
Show DJ

Post by Gavvie »

I don't think it was that rare when I got it. If it was, the guy selling it on eBay wasn't aware of the rarity, seeing as I nabbed it for £20.
Reknoc
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Reknoc »

Not retro but certainly old and it's been on my wish list since pretty much forever and I finally managed to get it last month:

and both games.

Don't think I'll ever even play it because it's too much hassle to set my xbox up but whatever.
Jamie64326
Level 7
Level 7

Post by Jamie64326 »

There could be a lot of old games I want, but still these are the only ones I can think of. Shenmue 1 & 2, Shinobi (PS2), Nightshade, Micro Machines 2 the J-cart version, Super Mario World 2: Yoshi's Island, Kirby Super Star, Segagaga (despite it not in English).
Mikhail24RD
Level 5
Level 5

Post by Mikhail24RD »

The game that i still want is (obviously) Daytona USA. I really want to play that game again.
Rolling Start!!!! :segasports:
Alpha Dog 1996
Level 10
Level 10

Post by Alpha Dog 1996 »

The original Sonic the Hedgehog games
Quills on Wheels
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Quills on Wheels »

Ever since Patapon 1 came out and I got it for my PSP, I was a huge fan of the franchise. Loved the game to bits and played it and finished it non stop for multiple years. Then number 2 came out and I squealed in excitement as I played a brand new game of my favorite rhythm game. So you could only imagine how stoked I was when I heard of Patapon 3's announcement. I kept myself updated by the day, I downloaded both the EU demo and the japanese demo with both featuring different content and I played those nonstop. I was so ready for the game. Even replayed the previous two games just to refine my rhythm skills and catch up on the story.

And then, just before the game hit store shelves... I lost my PSP. The story of how I lost it is actually kinda funny but perhaps another day. Mainly tho, I was destroyed. I still am. I wanted to play Patapon 3 so badly and for the 3rd installment they even had online multiplayer which was so sick and I really enjoyed the demo of it. But there was nothing I could do. I had to sit there while my most desired game hit store shelves and then got taken off shelves alongside the PSP.

So naturally growing up, it has always been in the back of my mind to at some point get a PSP and buy all 3 Patapon games. Of course, I never considered the idea too seriously because I knew it would be costly but now that I'm older, am earning a decent amount and have stopped/decreased some of my other costly hobbies like my Sonic Collection and Yugioh, the thought has kind of come back to me and looking at ebay and other local online stores, it seems pretty easy to buy a second hand PSP for just 50 dollars or something. I even know a local Otaku store that still has all 3 games brand new and I'm pretty sure nobody is going to buy them.

So it all really comes down to me having time and being able to do my University Assignments on time so I can afford to play Patapon lol.
TCB
Level 15
Level 15

Post by TCB »

I've looked up Power Stone 1 and 2, and I've been interested in how that plays.

The prices for those titles online say otherwise though.