Question regarding SAGExpo

Post here about events relating to SEGA.
RapidRun
Level 3
Level 3

Question regarding SAGExpo

Post by RapidRun »

So, I don't know if anyone has an answer for this or not, but what happened to the online Sonic Amateur Games Expo? I was interested in it since the last one, but there hasn't been one held in years! And the strange thing is, 1) the website is dead, & 2) people said that there was going to be a new one last year, but it never happened! Wat. :blink:

I just want to know if it still exists/will exist, so that I can have some piece of mind...

Btw, in case someone doesn't know what I'm talking about, SAGE is/was an online expo where game modders/hackers and creators could show off their original/fan-hacked and fan-made Sonic games. Some examples are "Sonic Souls", "Project Endless", and—don't quote me on this, but I believe that Lake Fepard's "Before/After the Sequel" series were shown off at the expo.

Mad props for anyone who can shed some light on the subject. :biggrin:
TCB
Level 15
Level 15

Post by TCB »

You mean the Sonic Amateur Games Expo, and the 2015 edition was actually held at the end of the year. From December 18th to 24th. It was more low key than 2014s. SEGA Driven posted an article about last year here http://www.segadriven.com/2015/10/sonic ... mber-18th/

As far as I know 2014s was supposed to be happening in two parts, then not much else on 2015 til its announcement last October. As far as for 2016, nothing has been said or confirmed yet.
RapidRun
Level 3
Level 3

Post by RapidRun »

Right. I can't believe that I forgot that that was what it was actually called. My bad. Just changed it to what it should be. :P

That's weird though, because there's no mention of the website where it took place, nor did I find active the website where it was in 2014. I even went to it on the 18th last year, and it was still down since 2014's end...I'm still very confused. :wacko: