What do you like in platform games?

What it says on the tin...
Jackisback
Level 5
Level 5

Post by Jackisback »

having the ability to speed run it. Also as I speed run it, let it feel cool and fun to watch.

P.S. if you can explore, then let the player be rewarded by exploring. But, not that cheep: extra life over a bottomless pit, and every time you try to get it you die more times then you were going to get out of it.

sonic team does this a lot.
Reknoc
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Reknoc »

Gavvie wrote:It's funny how we're all saying that the platformer is dead, and yet Ratchet & Clank came out to pretty rave reviews a few weeks back.

Yeah, it's got shooting in, but it's also a platformer at heart. Great game, too.
Ratchet and Clank is great and yeah, it's a pretty rare breed, but at the same time it's also very light on the actual platforming.
Jackisback
Level 5
Level 5

Post by Jackisback »

What are the different types of breed of platformers

So far, all I can think of is;

-Fast
-Puzzle
-Shooter (that aren't first person)
TCB
Level 15
Level 15

Post by TCB »

Mikurotoro92 wrote:But if what you're saying is true about Ratchet & Clank then what explains the recent movie flopping?

As for the whole thing reguarding platformers they aren't as popular anymore mainly because of the rise of the aforementioned FPS genre with games like Call of Duty SEGA & Nintendo are the only devs left who still care about platformers if it wasn't for them the genre would be dead in the water!
The game became the fastest selling title of the series, according to Insomniac. The movie's head writer (who was also said writer for the games) got the boot mid development and was replaced, or so I heard. Plus it tired to compete with Zootopia's still growing box office sales at the time and failed. Rainmaker lost ten million due to it. As far as I'm concerned, the movie is a blight on an otherwise still highly regarded video game series.
Djohnavid021
Level 1
Level 1

Post by Djohnavid021 »

If you're looking for a fun and challenging videogame, consider platform games. These games usually feature challenging levels and intricate obstacles. Platform videogames are often developed in the third-person view, meaning you'll see your character from the perspective of the character on screen. First-person games, on the other hand, are designed from the character's point of view. They create a more immersive experience.