Worst Sonic songs?

Strictly SEGA related discussion.
Antronach
Level 1
Level 1

Post by Antronach »

Gonna say it now, the songs from Adventure 2 by Jun Senoue ranged from "okay" to "generic and boring". Of course, I'm not counting the Crush 40 stuff, but still, that game had some boring guitar crap.
PTKickass
Show DJ
Show DJ

Post by PTKickass »

voice wrote:Most modern Sonic music suffers degraded quality because of these guys doing the sound work:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]1648[/ATTACH]

And why is that? Because they're guilty of being a player in a issue that is a current thing in the audio industry:

[video=youtube;3Gmex_4hreQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Gmex_4hreQ[/video]

Listen at any music that has run through them and it looks and sounds like a mess of noise. Vocal's especially end up sounding bad, at least the copies of Live and Learn I have lead vocal is always crackly like the sound is being overdriven.
Ok, NOW I'm seeing this problem. I've been listening to the Digi-log convertion of the Sonic Adventure OST and the sound is just... so good. If you compare Emerald Coast from that OST to the one on the Sonic Generations OST, you can clearly see that problem. Again, thanks for warning us of this issue! :D
An adventure is no fun if it is too easy!
j10adn
Level 1
Level 1

Post by j10adn »

I love most Sonic music but if I had to pick then I would say Sonic Boom's OST is not that bad but its probably one of the worst. I know you want me to avoid saying Sonic Chronicles but If that was included in the option then i would of picked that to be the worst.
Mikurotoro92
Level 7
Level 7

Post by Mikurotoro92 »

Yeah I love Sonic BGM but I think some of the worst are the slow romantic ballads like Worth a Chance from Sonic & the Secret Rings because it feels so out-of-place with Sonic!

When I think of Sonic music I think of fast-paced (you know like Sonic HIMSELF?) bad-ass & cool kind of songs NOT a song that would be more at home in a freaking Nicholas Sparks movie!

Talk about "soundtrack dissonance"!
Gavvie
Show DJ
Show DJ

Post by Gavvie »

You know, I quite like the Sonic Chronicles soundtrack. I think it gets a lot of hate because of the compression that was needed to fit it onto a DS cartridge - if Chronicles was a 3DS, PSP or Vita game then I think a lot more people would appreciate it. Hell, play Chronicles on a 3DS and it sounds a little better already!

I also like the Boom soundtrack (Rise of Lyric anyway), although that's because I just think it's pretty decent VGM - not a great Sonic soundtrack, sure, but it's decent.
Mikurotoro92
Level 7
Level 7

Post by Mikurotoro92 »

Gavvie wrote:You know, I quite like the Sonic Chronicles soundtrack. I think it gets a lot of hate because of the compression that was needed to fit it onto a DS cartridge - if Chronicles was a 3DS, PSP or Vita game then I think a lot more people would appreciate it. Hell, play Chronicles on a 3DS and it sounds a little better already!

I also like the Boom soundtrack (Rise of Lyric anyway), although that's because I just think it's pretty decent VGM - not a great Sonic soundtrack, sure, but it's decent.
Yeah I also like Sonic Chronicles & Sonic Boom's OST really ANY crappy VGM for the most part is still better then most theme songs for pre-school cartoons (with Mickey Mouse Clubhouse being one of the ONLY exceptions)

Give me the absolute CRAPPIEST song from a Sonic game over crap like Caillou or Bubble Guppies any day!

EDIT: Also I forgot to mention most crappy VGM is better then songs in TV commercials where they "sing" about the product!
Mikurotoro92
Level 7
Level 7

Post by Mikurotoro92 »

You KNOW something's wrong with Wavemaster's sound editing if even OST's for kids' cartoons have better sound editing!

I'm serious!
Jackisback
Level 5
Level 5

Post by Jackisback »

I really don't sweet dreams from 06 as a sonic song
TCB
Level 15
Level 15

Post by TCB »

Jackisback wrote:I really don't sweet dreams from 06 as a sonic song
It's the Akon influence innit.
Mikurotoro92
Level 7
Level 7

Post by Mikurotoro92 »

Jackisback wrote:I really don't sweet dreams from 06 as a sonic song
But isn't it based off a song from Sonic 1 or 2?

I see what you mean though it is one of thouse "slow romantic ballads" I was talking about (along with the song "Worth a Chance" from Sonic & the Secret Rings)

Love songs have NO place in Sonic!

As I said before they would be more fitting in a Nicholas Sparks movie!