What was your first Sonic game?

Strictly SEGA related discussion.
Kaito-kun
Level 15
Level 15
Preferred pronouns: He/Him/They

Post by Kaito-kun »

Sonic the Hedgehog (Master System). Our family had a Master System for as long as I can remember. First game I ever reached the end of as well.

Hearing the music for Bridge Zone always sends me on a nostalgia trip.
Tintin
Level 3
Level 3

Post by Tintin »

Sonic 2 (Mega Drive) One of my very first games that started my collection. I was amazed by the visuals and challenging gameplay. The music was just amazing, and playing as Tails is fun too!
amcdc79
Level 1
Level 1

Post by amcdc79 »

My first taste was Sonic Adventure 1 on my first and only Sega system(Dreamcast), loved every minute, soundtrack was great. Have since played almost all the Sonic games ever made.
Shadid

Post by Shadid »

My first one has to be Sonic Adventure, but the first one I played to completion was definitely Sonic 3 & Knuckles. Since then, I played most Sonic games, efven if I haven't completed them.

Just don't make me play Heroes, that's torture material D:
I live here now!
Tintin
Level 3
Level 3

Post by Tintin »

Shadid wrote:My first onehas to be Sonic Adventure, but the first one I played to completion was definitely Sonic 3 & Knuckles. Since then, I played most Sonic games, efven if I haven't completed them.

Just don't make me play Heroes, that's torture material D:
I'm with you there, Heroes is AWFUL. I had the PS2 version which has terrible controls, making it near impossible to collect a row of rings in one go. You can't use the directional buttons either and the analogue stick is so touchy!

The voice acting is appauling too.
Mick
Level 4
Level 4

Post by Mick »

The first Sonic the Hedgehog game for the SEGA Genesis. It was a cool fast game that I liked. I thought it was better than Super Mario Bros.
Key
Level 3
Level 3
Preferred pronouns: he/she/they

Post by Key »

Sonic the Hedgehog 2. My best friend had a Genesis and I couldn't wait to go to her house to get a chance to play it. I don't think I got to play any Sonic games again until the Genesis games were ported to PC on CD-Rom.
Image Image Image
xboy_in_da_house
Level 12
Level 12

Post by xboy_in_da_house »

The original Sonic The Hedgehog on the Sega Genesis. I still remember the 1st time I played Sonic back in late August of 1991 at my cousin's house. From that day on I became a hardcore Sega fan and got the Genesis with Sonic the following month.
Protobustersword
Level 2
Level 2

Post by Protobustersword »

Sonic and Knuckles for me. It introduced me to the two titular heroes. I remember liking Knuckles more. I mean, Come on!
Going through walls, gliding and climbing walls? What's NOT to like? :laugh:
GreenViper8
Administrator
Administrator
Preferred pronouns: he/him

Post by GreenViper8 »

Sonic 1 on the Master System. Even though the Master System was well before my time, it introduced me to gaming and the Blue Needlemouse. Played that game for hours and got the amazing soundtrack engraved into my brain. Bridge Zone still won't leave my head to this day. Definitely a good introduction to the series.
:SEGA: