Strictly SEGA related discussion.
Jazzcat
Level 1
Level 1

Fave Sega console

Post by Jazzcat »

What is your fave Sega game system and why? Just wondering

- - - Updated - - -

Mine would be a cross between the Genesis and Dreamcast both had a bunch of great games I loved
Mick
Level 4
Level 4

Post by Mick »

Genesis, for sure. I didn't have an impressive library of Genesis games. It's still my favorite.
Jazzcat
Level 1
Level 1

Post by Jazzcat »

Cool the Genesis still has the most games. In it
olivergray
Level 1
Level 1

Post by olivergray »

My favorite game system is Nintendo. The Sega Genesis is my second console for video games. So, before I had ever heard of Sega, I was a lover of Nintendo. When I received the Sega Genesis, I also started to like Sega, but I've always been a Nintendo fan.mapquest directions
Midwinter
Level 7
Level 7

Post by Midwinter »

I know this thread is long dead, but just driving to drum up some forum activity.

My favorite Western console is the Dreamcast. There is still just something about the charm of that console that makes it stand out for me. It didn’t have the biggest catalogue of games, but it delivered on bringing a lot of different Sega experiences to a home console.

My favorite Japanese Sega console is the Sega Saturn. It is too bad it did so poorly in the West and had its lifespan shortened because of it.
Twinny
News Team
News Team
Preferred pronouns: He/Him

Post by Twinny »

Can't go wrong with the Dreamcast of course! My brother owns one after getting it from a pawn shop or a retro gaming store, I don't remember which.

Mine isn't a top favorite per se but it's a low favorite as won it a couple years back, the Astro City Mini! Though nowadays it's more in presentation mode than anything. Still, a neat little thing to remember the 80s arcade scene by.
Radio:SEGA: Gang Since October 2010

Kaito-kun
Level 15
Level 15
Preferred pronouns: He/Him/They

Post by Kaito-kun »

Had a Master System as a child. Bought a Dreamcast second hand a few years back and played it a few times until it got stolen.

The Dreamcast is probably my favourite, but let's face it, it's not a tough decision. It had great games and was SEGA trying everything they coud to stay afloat with weird ideas like the VMU.

The Saturn has aged badly and its' western library isn't great.

The Mega Drive/Genesis is rough, especially that sound chip, but people have an insane amount of notalgia for it. Yes, Sonic 1 and 2 were good, but the further and futher out from the time period we go I become more and more confident that the SNES/Super Famicom was the better system overall and the one I much prefer to go back to.
jdollatari
Level 1
Level 1

Post by jdollatari »

Dreamcast overall since I grew up with it as a teen and it blew me a way and setup the future we live in now. Genesis was big too and saturn for the anime and import stuff I was young so came to it late hasn't aged well outside of 2d though. Dreamcast still holds it down even today