The 'Today' Thread

What it says on the tin...
Pitchshift3r
Level 8
Level 8

Post by Pitchshift3r »

The move went smoothly, its now my second full day in Nottingham, and I couldn't be happier :)

Went to a wedding reception last night and met loads of my girlfriend's friends. Then on Friday there's a big gathering for welcoming drinks for me. Argh! Nervous!
PSN ID - Prime3k
------------------------------
Twitter - @Prime3k
kadosho
Level 9
Level 9

Post by kadosho »

getting a few needed items, battling the zombie horde before xmas arrives, oh and stuff on sale (um meat nope!? how the monkey does meat increase in price!?) = my brain = ...
Quills on Wheels
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Quills on Wheels »

Bumping this thread cause it used to be big but got dropped. Also cause it's like the only thread I can think of where we can write about what we're doing right now with our lives and since I'm nowhere near as active as I used to be in these forums, it's a good catch up.

So instead of talking about just "today", I'll talk about how I've been since the start of 2015 (Kinda since the last post was from 2014).

Well 2015 marks the year I started university, finally having finished High school last year. The studying finally payed off and now I'm studying Architecture at the University of South Australia. It wasn't the ideal profession I had in mind in my highschool days (Wanted to become Concept Artist) but I've learned to open up to it and really enjoy it.
As for gaming, it had become a huge struggle as my HP laptop was unable to play any game without overheating to a very large degree. Thankfully I managed to persuade my dad to fund me so I can build an awesome computer to play games with to use for my Architecture "stuff". I try to play here and there but the only game I've been touching lately has been Team Fortress 2 and that's been partially cause of me wanting to get ready for Overwatch. I DO plan to finally go through all my Steam Library as I've got a crap ton of games I've never touched.

Going back to uni, trying to fit in is kind of hard when you're still under age while everyone else isn't (still got a good few months to go until I'm 18...) So when your mates from highschool want to catch up at the local bar you sadly gotta turn them down and say you can't :\ . Even worse is the fact that all my highschool mates went to a different university and I'm left in a university with nobody I know. It's kinda like starting school all over again but at least I was able to make some good friends straight away.

Sooo.... that's how I've been so far. How's everyone else been?
TCB
Level 15
Level 15

Post by TCB »

Ah I knew a friend who was 17 when she entered college; so yeah there's that.

School has been kicking my ass; I have no motivation for my major (which is Biology) so I went and changed it to Developmental/Studio Art.
GreenViper8
Administrator
Administrator
Preferred pronouns: he/him

Post by GreenViper8 »

I picked up both NiGHTS: Journey Of Dreams and Sonic And The Black Knight for reasonably cheap, so i've been working my way through both of those.

Not much else really lol :boring:
Gonic
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Gonic »

So I just found out on my unpaid internship of 8 months that I won't be hired as a 3D artist because they're making the current one's redundant. I could of spent that time doing something I could of been paid for, hell I gave up my position here so I could concentrate on it. I feel like utter-shit. I can't complain though, I choose to do this internship hoping to get a job at the end :/
Reknoc
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Reknoc »

Gonic wrote:So I just found out on my unpaid internship of 8 months that I won't be hired as a 3D artist because they're making the current one's redundant. I could of spent that time doing something I could of been paid for, hell I gave up my position here so I could concentrate on it. I feel like utter-shit. I can't complain though, I choose to do this internship hoping to get a job at the end :/
Well, at least if that's something you want to make a career of it'll be easier to get another position since you have prior experience.
Gonic
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Gonic »

Reknoc wrote:Well, at least if that's something you want to make a career of it'll be easier to get another position since you have prior experience.
Yeah true, its just frustrating.
Killer French Bread
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Killer French Bread »

Was it full time? Really harsh they made you wait 8 months before releasing you, but yeah some decent experience under your belt and its not like you starved or anything while you weren't being paid. Plenty of worse ways to spend that amount of time. Will be handy if you are against this summer's batch of grads fresh out of uni, and you can show some work in the field when applying for positions.
Tic Tac, sir?
kadosho
Level 9
Level 9

Post by kadosho »

Been a rough week, had some relatives drop by. Did not go well. On that note, recovering, doing okay.