Level 15

Post by Quills on Wheels »

Ah Sonic Paradox.... Love their work.

Welcome to RS.
Anon7906
Level 1
Level 1

Post by Anon7906 »

Hey guys. I finally decided to join because I've been streaming RadioSEGA on my PS3 almost every night once I found out about it which was about two years ago.
iheartsonic
Level 2
Level 2

Post by iheartsonic »

Anon7906 wrote:Hey guys. I finally decided to join because I've been streaming RadioSEGA on my PS3 almost every night once I found out about it which was about two years ago.
Hi and welcome. Isn't just the best music? :)
[insert super cool and witty siggy here]
Anon7906
Level 1
Level 1

Post by Anon7906 »

iheartsonic wrote:Hi and welcome. Isn't just the best music? :)
Lol yes. xD Thanks for the welcome.
Quills on Wheels
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Quills on Wheels »

Yes yes welcome to Radiosega.

Hope you enjoy this place's forums and become a long life member.
Twinny
News Team
News Team
Preferred pronouns: He/Him

Post by Twinny »

Hiya new member! Nice to know another avid listener of R.S ^^ Welcome aboard and don't forget to listen to our live shows!
Radio:SEGA: Gang Since October 2010

TCB
Level 15
Level 15

Post by TCB »

Anon7906 wrote:Hey guys. I finally decided to join because I've been streaming RadioSEGA on my PS3 almost every night once I found out about it which was about two years ago.

Streaming on your PS3? Dude, tell me how you done it. XD

Anywho, glad to see yet another new member be brainwashed- I mean, inticed to join this community here we call RadioSEGA.
Anon7906
Level 1
Level 1

Post by Anon7906 »

Thanks everyone.
TheChaosBlue wrote:Streaming on your PS3? Dude, tell me how you done it. XD

Anywho, glad to see yet another new member be brainwashed- I mean, inticed to join this community here we call RadioSEGA.
It's sort of difficult. Can your PS3 talk to your computer someway by use of a router (wired or wireless, but I'd recommend a wired connection if you want to watch videos that's on your comp and what not) or something? If so then get PS3 Media Serverand install it. Once it's installed, turn on your PS3 and see if they detect each other. If they do, then we can proceed. If they don't, then Firewall and/or AV might be in the way. I had to switch from Avast to MSE to get it to work. :/

Depending on your OS (I have Windows 7) you will have to track down the WEB.conf file. It's usually in C:\ProgramData\PMS. To get to the ProgramData folder, type %programdata% in the search box at the bottom of the start menu and hit enter then it should come up. I'm not sure where it would be on a different OS, but I can probably find out. Once you find it, open it in notepad and look for the # shoutcast section. Add this under it then save:

Code: Select all

audiostream.web,Radio=RadioSEGA,http://83.170.109.107:8000
Restart PS3 Media Server and make the PS3 search for media servers. When it finds PS3 Media Server go to the music section, and scroll down until you see the WEB folder. There might be two. If there is then enter both and enter the Radio folder to see which one RadioSEGA is in. If you select RadioSEGA then it should play after a few seconds then you can hit the PS button and use the web browser. That's how I usually end my nights if I'm alone. :D

The only downside is that you have to restart the stream every 1 hour and 47 minutes, but it's legit.
Gavvie
Show DJ
Show DJ

Post by Gavvie »

107 minutes is a bit of a strange amount of time. Still, that's actually really clever. I would've just suggested using the Web Player, if it still works XD
Kaito-kun
Level 15
Level 15
Preferred pronouns: He/Him/They

Post by Kaito-kun »

Gavvie wrote:Still, that's actually really clever. I would've just suggested using the Web Player, if it still works XD
Gav, we've not had the web player for months! You should know these things; it's your site!