Nintendo 3DS

Non-SEGA? Shove your general gaming posts in here...
Gonic
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Gonic »

Well I got Nintendogs + cats. Pretty enjoyable and the 3D works well. I'm looking forward to future titles such as KH: dream drop distance and animal crossing. Also love the augumented Reality games.
7Force
Level 10
Level 10

Post by 7Force »

Kaito-kun wrote:Really? I thought Pokémon Black looked so much better on my 3DS. Perhaps it's because I've upgraded from an original DS rather than a DSi?
Well its not bad but its not as sharp I put Mario Kart DS side by side on my DSi and 3DS and my DSi looked better but still its not terrible.
Rayne wrote:
Ridge Racer is aces though, the 3D effect really is stunning and the game itself is kick-ass without it.
I love Ridge Racer the 3D effect is really good, I like it when your driving along and leaves or confetti hit your cars wind shield its a really cool effect. I like the far out view but I found myself turning down the 3D slider a bit as it was playing around with my eyes but the drivers view with the 3D turned up all the way is just fantastic. I let my friends play RR and they all loved it.

The only down side is the lack of online play but apart from that its a solid racer.
Gonic
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Gonic »

So the only decent launch titles were Ridge racer and Street fighter. Dammmmmmmn
7Force
Level 10
Level 10

Post by 7Force »

Gonic wrote:So the only decent launch titles were Ridge racer and Street fighter. Dammmmmmmn
IMO yes
KC
Administrator
Administrator

Post by KC »

Did someone say fishing on Animal Crossing?? Woohoo!

Seriously though, I'm just here to stand by Pilotwings Resort. It's the only game I bothered getting with my 3DS and it's ace. Sure it's not that hardcore and it's a bit short on Mission Mode, but the 3D works great and it plays really really well. And I know Page agrees so it's not just me. :P

About upcoming titles, Mario Kart and ANIMAL CROSSING *ahem* are the most anticipated on my end. Let's all go fishing! :)
Rayne
Level 12
Level 12

Post by Rayne »

7Force wrote:I love Ridge Racer the 3D effect is really good, I like it when your driving along and leaves or confetti hit your cars wind shield its a really cool effect. I like the far out view but I found myself turning down the 3D slider a bit as it was playing around with my eyes but the drivers view with the 3D turned up all the way is just fantastic. I let my friends play RR and they all loved it.

The only down side is the lack of online play but apart from that its a solid racer.
Yeah I was a bit surprised there's no online...

There's one stage in particular that took my breath away, it had a starry sky, you passed an air field into an underwater aquarium. Genuinely couldn't believe my eyes :P Like you I turn the 3D off after 2 GP sessions, any more than that & it gives me headaches.

Also, Kool Chao! Nice to see you posting again :)
KC
Administrator
Administrator

Post by KC »

Rayne wrote: Also, Kool Chao! Nice to see you posting again :)
I am always lurking in the shadows... -_-

I'm a bit concerned about lack on online play for launch titles. I hope they don't mess things up with games like Animal Crossing, Mario Kart and so on.
But I guess in the end they'll have that covered even if it is to support the upcoming Pokémon titles: Red/Blue Stripes & Little Yellow Spots. XD
7Force
Level 10
Level 10

Post by 7Force »

Rayne wrote: Like you I turn the 3D off after 2 GP sessions, any more than that & it gives me headaches.
It took a while for my eyes to get used to the 3D but now I'm really use to it. i played my 3ds for like 4 hours straght and I was fine.
Page
Level 8
Level 8

Post by Page »

Kool Chao wrote: Seriously though, I'm just here to stand by Pilotwings Resort. It's the only game I bothered getting with my 3DS and it's ace. Sure it's not that hardcore and it's a bit short on Mission Mode, but the 3D works great and it plays really really well. And I know Page agrees so it's not just me. :P

About upcoming titles, Mario Kart and ANIMAL CROSSING *ahem* are the most anticipated on my end. Let's all go fishing! :)
Yup I do! And Animal Crossing? Cannot wait :)
Kraiola
Level 7
Level 7

Post by Kraiola »

MrEthernex wrote:Got my 3DS today. Didn't get any games though (I'm broke) but my brother got Street Fighter. The GameStop dude said some games like Mario Kart and Zelda will be coming out in May/June, so that'll be enough time to get money.

I'm liking the 3DS so far. It was kind of Nintendo to ship out the 3DS with a 2GB SD card already in it. The thing is sexy as hell, too. :P
Aw man, i think i might get a 3DS. i'm not a big fan on Handheld Gaming, but from the videos and reviews I've seen, the 3DS does seem fun to use.
MrEthernex wrote:Got my 3DS today. Didn't get any games though (I'm broke) but my brother got Street Fighter.
*Broke high-five?*