New Sonic Voice Actors

Strictly SEGA related discussion.
Gavvie
Show DJ
Show DJ

Post by Gavvie »

Yeah, this was the "franchise changing" news that AAUK mentioned on Radio Redux this past week.

Be interesting to see who the other actors are, because the way I read it, Mike Pollock is the only 4kids actor who's staying. The rest should be all-new.
Reknoc
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Reknoc »

This is considered franchise changing?
Gavvie
Show DJ
Show DJ

Post by Gavvie »

Well...that was how he'd described it. Whether he's right or not is another matter.

Personally, I think it kinda is. These aren't just voice changes for the games, it's for anything. So..if Sonic X were to get re-dubbed, say, then these would be the VAs used.
Reknoc
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Reknoc »

Well if it was said in a sarcastic tone it'd make sense. Voices for characters no one wants to hear is hardly important, even games that think of voice acting as a feature doesn't count the VA list as franchise changing. Don't think square ever made a big deal out of whoever voiced Kefka in Dissidia.

Either way it's not a franchise changer, making good games again would be.
Sancho
Level 3
Level 3

Post by Sancho »

jessinator66 wrote:P.S. You can friend Mike Pollock on facebook one of the few that are not faked or at least he is a good faker. Follow the wonderful link: http://www.facebook.com/itsamike :biggrin:

Thanks! He is a ganzo
Kaito-kun
Level 15
Level 15
Preferred pronouns: He/Him/They

Post by Kaito-kun »

Personally, I''ve never really been fussed about the Sonic voice actors, but I did like Eggman's voice, so this news to me is basically "Nothing you care about has changed, carry on"
Retrix
Level 9
Level 9

Post by Retrix »

For something that is supposedly non-news, this has already garnered a very large response, especially from the likes of TSS and the Sega Blognik.
The fact that a large number of people have marked opinions on the voice acting likely stems from the fact that there was such a big difference in the first place between the 4Kids actors and many of the voices for the pre-2005 games.

Personally, the fact that Tails' voice will be changing is enough for me to be happy about this news; I'm sure I won't find Kate Higgins' voice more irritating than her predecessor's.
There was an echidna from Vegas
Whose hairstyle was totally outrageous
When asked by the cops
Why the dreadlocks
He told them the idea was Sega's

​— The Typing of the Dead
Gonic
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Gonic »

Hmmmm. Tbh I actually liked Both Ryan and Jason for sonic. Jason wasnt quite good at first but he improved other time. The only 4ids actor i didnt like was Rouge.

The change in voice cast doesnt bother me. I just play the game's for the game. Not the voice cast :P
Reknoc
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Reknoc »

Retrix wrote:For something that is supposedly non-news, this has already garnered a very large response, especially from the likes of TSS and the Sega Blognik.
This really doesn't stop it from being non-news. Try again when Eurogamer or Giantbomb have a story about it.

I couldn't even tell they had changed voice actors at some point all the voiced Sonic games sounded the same to me.
Tru
Level 14
Level 14

Post by Tru »

It's news to Sonic fans, I guess.

I agree with posters above though, it doesn't really affect the games, so I don't really care about it. I never understood all the fighting over voice actors.

I am a big fan of Mike Pollock as I think his voice work really does represent Dr Eggman, so I'm happy with that; but I wouldn't cry if he ever was replaced, cos that's just how things turn out sometimes.