Welcome to RadioSEGA, if you are not a member register today!

RadioSEGA
  • News & Features
  • Playlist & Requests
  • Listen to RadioSEGA
  • Shows & Podcasts
  • RadioSEGA Media
  • Community
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Books!

Blog Entries

I never read until around this past year actually. I normally like reading either comics, graphic novels, or stuff about martial arts. I don't have many books right now since I just started, but I really enjoy..

Watchmen - Alan Moore
    Eternal Descent - Llexi Leon
    The Tao Of Jeet Kune Do - Bruce Lee
    Bruce Lee's Fighting Method: Complete - Bruce Lee

And I'm wanting to get my hands on all of Bruce Lee's other books, since he's my biggest inspiration in the martial arts. I'm also wanting to read Sin City.
    Have you heard my remake of Spring Yard Zone? No? Check it out here: http://soundcloud.com/wrathoskvro/spring-yard-remake

I finished the His Dark Materials trilogy a few days before I left for SoS, it's a really fantastic book, lots of different themes involved. It's a shame that the film didn't really pick off after the Golden Compass, I didn't think it was that bad really. Although there was some outcry over the books as there is quite a strong anti-Christianity/religion message throughout, which probably didn't help.

Not sure what to read next, but probably start Dune again.

Blog Entries

I'm as bad at finishing books as I am at finishing games it seems. Still have the third book in the His Dark Materials to finish, aswell as Mobile Suit Gundam and Metro 2033. Not to mention Battle Royale and the latest Discworld still haven't been read.

Md

Are favorite Books we like to read are Movie chapter books

The colors feel so right ShadowPhantom's Avatar

Why do you keep refering to yourself as more than one person? Just curious.

I'm currently re-reading the Sword of Truth series by Terry Goodkind for the fifth time. A good book is one you just can't put down, even if you know the story by heart.

^ I can only guess he either has a split personality or is a conjoined twin.

Anyway i love Michael Chichton novels, but my favorite has to be Jurassic Park for the suspense same goes for some other novels Mike did.
    Loved the fantasy adventure book Sea of Trolls, one of the only books that grabbed my attention in the first few pages. If a book can't capture me within 3 pages i stop reading it.
    Also in Comedy i love almost every book George Carlin wrote like "When Will Jesus Bring the Pork Chops?" and Stephens Colberts "I Am America and So Can You". Good books for a good laugh.

Im not so much into books, but when I see something interesting, I dont mind check it out.
    The main setting that I like are about medieval stories... mostly fantasy in general.
    The last book I read was "The Knight in Rusty Armor", which was, I think, 10 months ago.
    After that I didnt pay attention to any book, I need to look for recommendations.

Sonic ***** Team ****** Quills on Wheels's Avatar
    Blog Entries

My favorite type of books are Spy Kids. I like books which contains teenagers who are spies.
    When I first came to Australia and my english was bad, I used to read the Zac Power series.
    I have finished reading all the Alex Rider book series. The author, Anthony Horowitz, is quite a good writer and I also finished reading one of his other series, The Power of Five. I am just waiting for the next book.

I also don't mind Egyption books. Romous was quite a nice book and the new series from the author of Percy Jackson, the Kane choronicles is really nice. The first book, The Red Piramid, was really awsome and I really can't wait for the next book.

Curently, I am reading the CHERUB series, another spy book, and I am loving the book to bits! I love it so much! The book is so awsome! Currently I am on the 4th book, The Killing.

Ofcaures I also read graphic novels. The only graphic novels I read are Sonic The Hedgehog Archive comic and I finished the Archives volume six and I am waiting for Sonic Select 1 before I continue with Sonic Archives Volume 7.

I'm not much the reader type, but the kind of books I'll read are more of the sci-fi genre, but not "OMG A new planet with robots and crap ohohohoho."

Some books that I've enjoyed are 1984, A Clockwork Orange, Great Gatsby, and Catcher in the Rye. Currently, I'm rereading Fahrenheit 451 because I read it back in 10th grade, but didn't really understand it. "They're burning books...ok" was my initial response.