Welcome to RadioSEGA, if you are not a member register today!

RadioSEGA
  • News & Features
  • Playlist & Requests
  • Listen to RadioSEGA
  • Shows & Podcasts
  • RadioSEGA Media
  • Community
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Default RadioSEGA App?/App that can play RadioSEGA?

you guys ever think of making a RadioSega app for iPhone and other mobile devices? I know you can just navigate to the "Listen to RadioSEGA" section thru Safari but I think it would be pretty cool to have a good looking app that has a built in player that allows requests and also has the latest facebook/twitter updates and stuff like that.

Only thing is Apple might have a problem with "sega" in the title.

Just wondering.

I think publishing apps is really expensive though...the dev tools have a big annual fee

How easy is it to access the site on a iPhone? Can you access it through normal smart-phones too?

Quote Originally Posted by CapnCloudchaser View Post
    How easy is it to access the site on a iPhone? Can you access it through normal smart-phones too?
    Super easy, just type it into google & fave it.

Whether you can listen to it or not I don't know as the Stream's offline atm.

Quote Originally Posted by Rayne View Post
    I think publishing apps is really expensive though...the dev tools have a big annual fee
    Didn't think about that...i have no idea what goes into making/costs of an app...just thought it would be cool if they had one.

Quote Originally Posted by CapnCloudchaser View Post
    on my iPhone its just a matter of going to this site in Safari, clicking on the Listen to RadioSEGA nav button at the top and then clicking "listen now" under shoutcast...it opens a new window and uses quicktime to play the stream...there's just no way to save that stream link as a homepage app icon like you can for regular sites.

I tried searching Radio Sega through the Shoutcast app and nothing comes up.

Not sure about non-smart phones.

I'm lucky and grandfathered into the "unlimited" data plan on ATT so I don't have to worry about bandwidth use...i can easily do 4-5GB a month...now they limit you to 200mb or 2GB and you have to pay I think $10 per mb/gb you go over or something like that.

EDIT by Gavvie: Double post. If you need to add something to a previous post, please press "Edit". Ta!

The best way to use the forums on an iphone/ipod is Tapatalk. It's an app Mark told us about a year ago, I think. You can find it on the app store too.
    More info here.

I tried the free taptalk...didn't like it. Maybe I didn't give it a chance.

Quote Originally Posted by vice86 View Post
    I tried the free taptalk...didn't like it. Maybe I didn't give it a chance.
    It's not the best thing in the world but it makes it easier for you to use the forums on an ipod/iphone. It's not the prettiest thing either but it's practical in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Kool Chao View Post
    It's not the best thing in the world but it makes it easier for you to use the forums on an ipod/iphone. It's not the prettiest thing either but it's practical in my opinion.
    yeah, i think i didn't like how it looked...the main forum I'm on loads pretty decent on my iPhone so I just use that. Not having FLASH sucks though..a lot of "good" sites I can't visit on my phone.

So tempted by the Droid X...but that's a whole different thread..lol.

finding RadioSEGA again has put me into a Sega game music kick...new playlist on my iPod

EDIT by Gavvie: Double Post. Again.

Wasn't an app hinted at as a part of the ghostly "Project 7"? Or has my memory gone all fuzzy?