Sega Franchises You Would Like to See Return

Strictly SEGA related discussion.
Page
Level 8
Level 8

Post by Page »

All of the above! Sega have a really great stable of characters (Of course I would like to see a Ristar II) Character games are really out of favor right now, ultra realism, dark and grit are what people want, if its not ultra real then its cartoony and cartoony stuff is seen to be 'childish'

Shame (goes off to play castle of illusion...)
________
Cumshot amateur
7Force
Level 10
Level 10

Post by 7Force »

I would love to see a new Ristar game. Its such a forgotten classic but i would only like to see it if they stuck to 2D for it and not made it in 3D as i think it would ruin the grab gamplay of the first game if they did. If it was on DS or a download game like Sonic 4 then I would be happy.
SegaShinja
Level 2
Level 2

Post by SegaShinja »

mazonemayu wrote:wonder boy
*applause* Couldn't agree more.

Shenmue, Clockwork Knight, Space Channel 5, and Panzer Dragoon. I'm sure there's more but I can't think of it right now.
richarddavies
Level 14
Level 14

Post by richarddavies »

^Can't believe i'd not thought of Wonderboy. I'd love to see another one like the dragons trap. One of my favourite games as a kid.
Gavvie
Show DJ
Show DJ

Post by Gavvie »

I always preferred Wonder Boy in Monster World myself. Such a classic game, gutted it wasn't on the Mega Drive Ultimate Collection :(

I keep imagining a Ristar 2 to look 2.5D like Sonic 4 does. Doesn't look bad in my mind, either.

I'd quite like a Streets of Rage game, those types of games are still popular, right?

OK - how about this one...ALEX KIDD. He's back in SEGA games and remained quite popular at the same time, so let's see it. Alex Kidd in Modern World.
Shadid

Post by Shadid »

Gavvie wrote:I always preferred Wonder Boy in Monster World myself. Such a classic game, gutted it wasn't on the Mega Drive Ultimate Collection :(

I keep imagining a Ristar 2 to look 2.5D like Sonic 4 does. Doesn't look bad in my mind, either.

I'd quite like a Streets of Rage game, those types of games are still popular, right?

OK - how about this one...ALEX KIDD. He's back in SEGA games and remained quite popular at the same time, so let's see it. Alex Kidd in Modern World.
^I couldn't say more, seriously. I'd LOVE to see an Alex Kidd or Wonder Boy in HD.

And I'd like to see a remake of Altered Beast too. I did enjoy that game, and the mythical "RIIIIIIIIIIISE FROM YOUR GRAAAAAVE!".
I live here now!
crippenstation
Level 9
Level 9

Post by crippenstation »

TF73 wrote:I would love to see Shenmue, Skies of Arcadia, Panzer Dragoon, Jetset Radio, Virtua Cop and Daytona USA. If only one of them would return I would be more then happy!
Actually, if there's a collaboration between SEGA & EA Sports for a NASCAR Daytona USA title, that would be awesome! We have seen EA try to put NASCAR into an arcade road course game in the PSOne era, and more recently a kart racer for the Wii. Why not duplicate what's been done with the Daytona USA games in the past? The EA Trax can be used with top hand picked songs that fit the game as well as fan picked tunes from past Daytona USA games. Gameplay would be similar to previous games.

No NASCAR game this year from EA, so this would be the year to do it! DO IT! (Hopes someone in charge of those things read this post)
Beware of your mind as it proves you wrong...
Kaito-kun
Level 15
Level 15
Preferred pronouns: He/Him/They

Post by Kaito-kun »

crippenstation wrote:Actually, if there's a collaboration between SEGA & EA Sports for a NASCAR Daytona USA title, that would be awesome! We have seen EA try to put NASCAR into an arcade road course game in the PSOne era, and more recently a kart racer for the Wii. Why not duplicate what's been done with the Daytona USA games in the past? The EA Trax can be used with top hand picked songs that fit the game as well as fan picked tunes from past Daytona USA games. Gameplay would be similar to previous games.

No NASCAR game this year from EA, so this would be the year to do it! DO IT! (Hopes someone in charge of those things read this post)
Good news! A new NASCAR game is on the way! Bad news! It's being done by Activision. Source.
Tru
Level 14
Level 14

Post by Tru »

It's being done by Eutechnyx, which are a local games company to me; apparently my tutor was on TV about them :P

Alex Kidd though would be awesome.
Kaito-kun
Level 15
Level 15
Preferred pronouns: He/Him/They

Post by Kaito-kun »

CapnCloudchaser wrote:It's being done by Eutechnyx, which are a local games company to me; apparently my tutor was on TV about them :P
But Activision are still the ones getting the money. >_<