Welcome to RadioSEGA, if you are not a member register today!

RadioSEGA
  • News & Features
  • Playlist & Requests
  • Listen to RadioSEGA
  • Shows & Podcasts
  • RadioSEGA Media
  • Community
Page 41 of 62 FirstFirst ... 31394041424351 ... LastLast
    Ultimate Retro Gamer supershadow01's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by kamifox1 View Post
    Radio SEGA, hint's kinda in the name there...
    Still doesn't make everything black and white, though. I guess that's the problem of having a website like this--knowing where to cut off the limits of accepting music. I could see three different possibilities: only including games developed by SEGA, having games developed or produced by SEGA, or including all games that were on SEGA consoles. And it seems that RadioSEGA has chosen the second option.
    "If the world chooses to become my enemy...I will fight like I always have!" -Shadow, Sonic the Hedgehog (2006)

The Latter option wouldn't be possible due to licensing issues. FYI

She of the many avatars kamifox1's Avatar

Yeah, the last option isn't possible due to licensing issues, as Whooa21 said.

Quote Originally Posted by Whooa21 View Post
    The Latter option wouldn't be possible due to licensing issues. FYI
    Well, it would be, as we're not technically allowed to play SEGA music either the way we do either. They just choose to look the other way. This is way we've been allowing non-SEGA music to be played on live shows these days. That being said, we're still RadioSEGA so for a game to be in the playlist SEGA has to have had some kind of involvement with it or, at least, own the IP (see Bayonetta 2).

Ooh, good idea for a thread!

I'd love to see Bright Sound ft. Tabitha Fair / Dry Lagoon from SA2 be added, it's a nice track to listen to.

Host of Saturday Night SEGA Gavvie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by KC View Post
    Well, it would be, as we're not technically allowed to play SEGA music either the way we do either. They just choose to look the other way. This is way we've been allowing non-SEGA music to be played on live shows these days. That being said, we're still RadioSEGA so for a game to be in the playlist SEGA has to have had some kind of involvement with it or, at least, own the IP (see Bayonetta 2).
    The only exception I could see to this would be Shenmue III, as SEGA have no involvement with that at all as far as I can tell.

Quote Originally Posted by Gavvie View Post
    The only exception I could see to this would be Shenmue III, as SEGA have no involvement with that at all as far as I can tell.
    But is the IP still retained by SEGA? Pretty sure it is, so its music could possibly end up on the station, as Bayonetta 2 is (and by extension Bayo: Bloody Fate).
    RadioSEGA member since October 2010 wew

As far as I understand, SEGA retained the license to Shenmue and Shenmue II, but have released the license for Shenmue III to Ys Net, so no, SEGA have nothing to do with this release.

Quote Originally Posted by Gavvie View Post
    As far as I understand, SEGA retained the license to Shenmue and Shenmue II, but have released the license for Shenmue III to Ys Net, so no, SEGA have nothing to do with this release.
    Oh I see. Guess the only chance of Shenmue 3's music being played is strictly during live shows.
    RadioSEGA member since October 2010 wew

Nono, this is the point I'm making - as staff we'll have to discuss it, but I think we should make a special exception for Shenmue III.