Level 15

Post by Gonic »

I dont get this whole My Little Pony craze. I personally find it stupid
Twinny
News Team
News Team
Preferred pronouns: He/Him

Post by Twinny »

Gonic wrote:I dont get this whole My Little Pony craze. I personally find it stupid
It's been here for more than a year...as long as the show's still going on, it'll never end...
Radio:SEGA: Gang Since October 2010

Reknoc
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Reknoc »

Gonic wrote:I dont get this whole My Little Pony craze. I personally find it stupid
I don't really get the fanbase. Maybe the cartoon is well made, I didn't care for the two episodes I watched but I'm told it gets better after that, and if you like it? Hey that's cool, nothing wrong with that. Are you an adult male? I haven't watched it, maybe it has those little hooks that appeal to people who aren't its primary audience like other cartoons.

What bothers me is the vocal fanbase seem to act, like they think they're this generations version of Punk or something. Maybe it's just the internet skewering our view of this.
Twinny
News Team
News Team
Preferred pronouns: He/Him

Post by Twinny »

There are numerous videos, music,fanart,and even fookin cosplay of it. There's even a convention.
Radio:SEGA: Gang Since October 2010

TCB
Level 15
Level 15

Post by TCB »

Reknoc wrote:I don't really get the fanbase. Maybe the cartoon is well made, I didn't care for the two episodes I watched but I'm told it gets better after that, and if you like it? Hey that's cool, nothing wrong with that. Are you an adult male? I haven't watched it, maybe it has those little hooks that appeal to people who aren't its primary audience like other cartoons.

What bothers me is the vocal fanbase seem to act, like they think they're this generations version of Punk or something. Maybe it's just the internet skewering our view of this.
It gotta be the internet; seen how fast this fandom gotten to be over the past two years alone?
Reknoc
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Reknoc »

I think the internet is definitely responsible for how popular it is, it's so easy to spread word of mouth over the internet. I just think it also tends to highlight the weirder fans a lot more.
mtwinny wrote:There are numerous videos, music,fanart,and even fookin cosplay of it. There's even a convention.
Yea, but that's true for most things.
tailsth3fox
Level 3
Level 3

Post by tailsth3fox »

in one day I have 151 new posts to read, must be some kind of record
Gonic
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Gonic »

I have a friend in uni who is hooked on it. He buys shirts and the figurienes. I just don't get it. My little pony was something to avoid back in the day lol
Matty
Level 14
Level 14

Post by Matty »

Funny thing is, i used to enjoy the older MLP a few years back (Nancy Cartwright voiced one of them), people would mock me when they saw it in my "watched" folder on youtube, then all of a sudden i'm a wannabe Brony and a G1 fag for watching it, and all these people who mocked me are watching the new series & absolutely adore it and claim to watch G1 for nostalgia purposes.

Makes me laugh how attached some people have gotten to a show that aimed at girls (yes it will have sub context like all kids show to keep the parents amused, but this is just abusing that privilege)

Also a lot of Bronies claim to be friendly & welcoming, when i was at the MCM Expo in February they were happy enough being noisy gits singing their songs clogging up the corridors -.-
Whooa21
Dev Team
Dev Team

Post by Whooa21 »

tailsth3fox wrote:in one day I have 151 new posts to read, must be some kind of record
Beat you to it, right now I have 174!
ask Tall-Guy, even though he retired :P he might be able to answer your questions!