Streets of rage Remake

Strictly SEGA related discussion.
xboy_in_da_house
Level 12
Level 12

Post by xboy_in_da_house »

yup :mad: Sega you should change your name to a bunch of dicks :wet: you suck for banning this awesome kick ass game
baraka6
Level 6
Level 6

Post by baraka6 »

lol yup seems SEGA pissed on another fire, maybe they should play the game instead of throwing ther weight around, they might learn a thing or 2 about what the fans enjoy and miss.... pmsl they might be rusing around the office now programming a new streets or rage
IvyRave
Level 10
Level 10

Post by IvyRave »

What a stupid thing to do,they knew that the fans would be angry if they did such a thing as that, it'll into another 'Tommy Wiseau vs. The Nostalgia Critic' flare up if SEGA aren't careful. It is a dangerous time to be doing this to your fans SEGA, I hope you change your mind.
king0512
Level 2
Level 2

Post by king0512 »

I agree that they should reconsider, such a change of heart would make sense. From what I've seen of this story so far Sega is just going out of it's way to take that path that makes the least amount of sense. I also agree that the very least they could have just paid the remake team for their effort and release it under their own label.
If I were insane... would I know it?
richarddavies
Level 14
Level 14

Post by richarddavies »

Yeah I was hoping they was going to do the right thing and have it properly released but the more im reading the more it sounds like Sega have just took a dump on it. I really think it's a bit shitty that they've let it go on for so long though before stamping on it. Luckily it was out awhile before they stopped it so it's out there now and not that hard to find.

I only just found out the other day that the game has a save state aswell so you can turn it off mid game and carry on later when you want which I like. Just press Alt and X and it exits the game and saves where you were. I've been playing in little bursts now in the morning before work.
Kaito-kun
Level 15
Level 15
Preferred pronouns: He/Him/They

Post by Kaito-kun »

richarddavies wrote:I really think it's a bit shitty that they've let it go on for so long though before stamping on it. Luckily it was out awhile before they stopped it so it's out there now and not that hard to find.
Maybe it had just taken SEGA's legal team this long to notice it?

But hey, it's not like these guys had done anything to tick off SEGA. It's not like these guys had taken characters, concept and gameplay developed and owned by SEGA and started to distribute it as their own. After all that might have been a fair enough reason for SEGA's lawyers.

But it's not like they did anything like that.

Not at all.
richarddavies
Level 14
Level 14

Post by richarddavies »

For a fan made game it's had absolutely crtaploads of attention. I've got multiple game magazines that have devoted multipage articles on it and even the news of it's release was on sites everywhere. And on the bit about them just robbing Characters and using it as there own is just completely window lickery. It's a remake and tribute. They've not just ripped everything off and given it it's own name and not mentioned Sega anywhere. What are you on about?
Tru
Level 14
Level 14

Post by Tru »

I agree with Richard, there has been loads of information about it for years, I'm pretty sure that SEGA already knew of its existence. It seems like a knee-jerk reaction from them to be honest.
Kaito-kun
Level 15
Level 15
Preferred pronouns: He/Him/They

Post by Kaito-kun »

richarddavies wrote:For a fan made game it's had absolutely craploads of attention. I've got multiple game magazines that have devoted multipage articles on it and even the news of it's release was on sites everywhere.

To be fair, I hadn't heard of it until you made this thread. ^_^""
richarddavies wrote:And on the bit about them just robbing Characters and using it as there own is just completely window lickery. It's a remake and tribute. They've not just ripped everything off and given it it's own name and not mentioned Sega anywhere. What are you on about?
The impression I got from this thread was that it had done the opposite. Apologies; I received a false impression. I've never been much of a Streets of Rage fan so I haven't gone through the bother of giving it a go yet.
richarddavies
Level 14
Level 14

Post by richarddavies »

Fair enough Mr Kun, fair enough.
I think that's why it's had such a knee jerk reaction if anything from fans and the press. The guys that made it have been making it and doing interviews and releasing multiple betas of it for 8 years without a whimper from Sega so everyone's a bit bemused that they'd just happily let them put quite frankly a crapload of work in just for Sega to suddenly tell them to take it down. Somethings not quite adding up.