Minecraft!

Non-SEGA? Shove your general gaming posts in here...

Which platforms do you own Minecraft on?

PC / Mac / Linux (?)
40%
PlayStation 3
15%
PlayStation 4
5%
PS Vita
5%
Xbox 360
25%
Xbox One
No votes
iPad (Pocket Edition)
5%
Android (Pocket Edition)
5%

Total votes: 20

Reknoc
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Reknoc »

Biggest sonic fan wrote:Meh, I'm not a big fan of Demos. I rather play the old but full version than the new but demo version.
Demo version is the full game just with a long ass time limit.
Shadid

Post by Shadid »

Biggest sonic fan wrote:Meh, I'm not a big fan of Demos. I rather play the old but full version than the new but demo version.
Now this is the fun part. If you try the old version (aka Minecraft Classic), it won't show you anything about the Minecraft world. The demo, on the other hand, gets all the aspects of Beta 1.5 together and gives you the real Minecraft experience. For 90 minutes.

But it's still worth it!
is2b007 wrote:Just play Garry's Mod, it's a better sandbox game in my opinion :P
GMod is fun, but actually creating stuff there requires more work than Minecraft. But I do acknowledge your opinion. :P
I live here now!
Quills on Wheels
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Quills on Wheels »

Yeah isb007 and Knife King are Gmod Freaks. That and Death Note. But anyway, I don't suppose there's a free version of Gmod and I'm not to keen on paying so I'll stick with MineCraft.
And the Demo is full but 90 minutes? interesting... Couldn't you just get the beta and when you run out, just download it again?
SilverSonic
Level 3
Level 3

Post by SilverSonic »

Shadid wrote:
Until you try it, of course. xD

I tried it, and I found it kinda boring. I honestly don't see how this game is fun. :/
Shadid

Post by Shadid »

Biggest sonic fan wrote:Yeah isb007 and Knife King are Gmod Freaks. That and Death Note. But anyway, I don't suppose there's a free version of Gmod and I'm not to keen on paying so I'll stick with MineCraft.
I did get GMod prioe to Minecraft, and actually enjoyed it, just didn't have the time to create something really great.
Biggest sonic fan wrote:And the Demo is full but 90 minutes? interesting... Couldn't you just get the beta and when you run out, just download it again?
Nope, as the demo's a modified version of the 1.5 update and the main game has been updated to version 1.6 earlier today. (With two more following up.)

Resuming, after the 90 minutes, it locks you up from a world, but you're free to create as many as you want.

Also, if you do enjoy it, buy it for cake.
SilverSonic1534 wrote:I tried it, and I found it kinda boring. I honestly don't see how this game is fun. :/
This topic is one of the answers to the whole thing. ^_^
I live here now!
RWDebara
Level 14
Level 14

Post by RWDebara »

Biggest sonic fan wrote: And the Demo is full but 90 minutes? interesting... Couldn't you just get the beta and when you run out, just download it again?

You have to start all over again when you download it again. You lose everything from your previous run so it just makes it pointless downloading multiple times.
RWDebara
Level 14
Level 14

Post by RWDebara »

Still working in the desert, still can't find a design i like. Heres the entrance to the town, arch is kinda screwed up on the left side going to have to return to it and fix it.
RWDebara
Level 14
Level 14

Post by RWDebara »

[youtube]uZJr86d2IUo[/youtube]
New update will add pistons. Really looking forward to this to do some creative things.

Also:
Update 1.7 wrote:
- Adventure update, to flesh out the game a bit and make exploration and combat more rewarding. Note that this is not necessarily Adventure Mode.
New features in the terrain generator; things which will only appear in new worlds/new generated areas.

-Shift+Click on items will work correctly.

-The Clay bug will be fixed.

-Labels for items will be added.

-Shears, will be the only way to harvest wool from sheep without hurting them.

-They also destroy wool and leaf blocks faster than by hand.

-Using shears will be a legitimate way to obtain placeable leaf blocks.

-TNT will only be activated by redstone or fire, so picking up TNT will be possible.

-Wool particle colours fixed.

-Multiplayer server list.

-Pistons.

-Sticky Pistons will be included as well. They will be made with slime balls.

-Spike blocks, Jeb initially considered spike pistons then decided to make a spike block that can be pushed by the sticky piston

-Player List - Press tab in multiplayer and player list comes up.

-New "scary" mob added.

-New improved lighting — day/night cycles will not require chunk updates. Lighting will be updated via a texture, whose coordinates are the block's sky light and block light levels.

-Warmer light from torches.

-New textures for cobblestone (and moss stone) blocks.

-Torches placable on fences.
Kaito-kun
Level 15
Level 15
Preferred pronouns: He/Him/They

Post by Kaito-kun »

^ Nifty. Not much else I can say. My multi-player server went down so I've not been playing this much of late.
richarddavies
Level 14
Level 14

Post by richarddavies »

I was perusing the Xbox indie channel before and found a game called Fortresscraft which is basically a ripoff of this.

http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-US/Produ ... 0258550821

I've only tried the trial up to yet but it seems pretty good for 240 points.