Welcome to RadioSEGA, if you are not a member register today!

RadioSEGA
  • News & Features
  • Playlist & Requests
  • Listen to RadioSEGA
  • Shows & Podcasts
  • RadioSEGA Media
  • Community
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Host of Saturday Night SEGA Gavvie's Avatar

I really don't.

Still, if it's popular, all credit to SEGA for actually managing to create a franchise on a format that's never really done all that well. Which I'm rather grateful for, otherwise we'd be looking at the possibility of them porting the game to the West..eep.

Yeah, not my cup of tea, but ah well.

Quote Originally Posted by Gavvie View Post
    I really don't.

Still, if it's popular, all credit to SEGA for actually managing to create a franchise on a format that's never really done all that well. Which I'm rather grateful for, otherwise we'd be looking at the possibility of them porting the game to the West..eep.

Yeah, not my cup of tea, but ah well.
    'a format that's not really done well'? I hope you aren't referring to the actual vocaloid software because if you are you're way off. There are many different vocaloid softwares made and sold by multiple companies. Miku is just one of the many vocaloids available for purchase. Miku alone has sold over 600,000 copies at 140 a piece. In japan only. Crypton is making an English version of Miku and is going to sell it in the US. They've already done a sell-out gig in america.

Plus there have been over 20,000 songs made and uploaded to the internet using just miku.

So, Gavvie. Seeing as you once quoted on twitter that I am 'always wrong', lets see whos the wrong one here shall we?

Oh, one last thing. My source, which is correct: http://www.independent.co.uk/arts-en...s-2291713.html

Quote Originally Posted by Kellydreamcast View Post
    'a format that's not really done well'? I hope you aren't referring to the actual vocaloid software because if you are you're way off.
    He's referring to the PSP, which, I'd agree with if we are just talking about the west but it's done well in Japan.

Credit for SEGA for being able to do what Capcom did but with the crutch of a licensed franchise.

Yeah, I was on about the PSP not doing too well outside of Japan, not the actual vocaloid software.

Quote Originally Posted by Reknoc View Post
    Credit for SEGA for being able to do what Capcom did but with the crutch of a licensed franchise.
    At least SEGA has the decency to offer it as DLC as well as a boxed product.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaito-kun View Post
    At least SEGA has the decency to offer it as DLC as well as a boxed product.
    Pretty sure Project Diva has made even less of an appearance in the west than Monster Hunter.

Don't think there's ever been a PD game over here, and only the odd occasional appearance as a franchise. Other than that, it's largely unheard of.

Certainly a niche.

Quote Originally Posted by Reknoc View Post
    Pretty sure Project Diva has made even less of an appearance in the west than Monster Hunter.
    Ah, my apologies, I thought you meant releasing a minor update to an already well established game/franchise as a full retail title.

Apparently UMVC3 was planned as DLC before the Japan quake/tsunami hit, and then it grew larger than the original plan.

Not sure how much truth there is in that, but figured I'd note it down seeing as the conversation's swinging that way. Time to swing it back