Sonic and his Friends: What do you think of them?

Strictly SEGA related discussion.
Reknoc
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Reknoc »

Kaito-kun wrote:Dare I ask who Sally is?
She's from that terrible furry drama series some people incorrectly think is better than Adventures of Sonic the Hedgehog.
Kaito-kun
Level 15
Level 15
Preferred pronouns: He/Him/They

Post by Kaito-kun »

Gonic wrote:A fan character i like to call her, I dont even think shes an offical Sonic character
Reknoc wrote:She's from that terrible furry drama series some people incorrectly think is better than Adventures of Sonic the Hedgehog.
Right, so not from any of the games and thus isn't worth mentioning? Gotcha.

Heck, some of the characters from the games aren't even worth mentioning either.
Crow
Level 12
Level 12

Post by Crow »

I don't think any of the characters from any Sonic cartoon are even worth mentioning, seriously. I watched two on KidsCo and hardly any of those characters are in the games. Oh and there was a walrus in one them and some gay posh furry of some sort.
TCB
Level 15
Level 15

Post by TCB »

This about Sally right? Okay then...

Sally is official, as her character is owned by Sega, but only within the Sonic Archie continuity I believe. By the video-game standards, she's non-existant. She's a mess of a character throughout the years I give it that...a God-Mode Sue if you will. However, I feel she has an important part to the comic series.

And yes, some people DO think SatAM is better than AOSTH, in terms of actual story and such.

SatAM, in my opinion, is very unique to the Sonic series. It established a whole different take on the Sonic universe. AOSTH...well, it captures the spirit of the original games closer, but there's nothing else the games can contribute to it. It's a helluva lot funnier than SatAM though. Yet, I perfer SatAM over it.
RWDebara
Level 14
Level 14

Post by RWDebara »

TheChaosBlue wrote: AOSTH...well, it captures the spirit of the original games closer, but there's nothing else the games can contribute to it. It's a helluva lot funnier than SatAM though.
Sorry but no.

AOSTH is a loud, annoying, crazy show with poor slapstick humor that literally has 0 similarities with the game besides sonic, tails, and robotnik, hell even they suck. Sonic is a completely retard, tails is useless most of the time, and robotnik..........jesus......all he does is scream and cry 24/7.
Im not even going to talk about the secondary characters, their just as annoying as the main trio.

This show was just a quick cash-in trying to make a profit from Sonic's popularity during the time. You can tell it was rushed also, look at the backgrounds next time you watch it. that show is so damn ugly.
Twinny
News Team
News Team
Preferred pronouns: He/Him

Post by Twinny »

Off topic but, why are there so many Sonic cartoons to begin with?

Back on topic (sort of) some of the things I enjoy from AoSTH was the ridiculous memes that came with it, Sonic's voice actor, and nostaliga....yup.
Radio:SEGA: Gang Since October 2010

Lizzy
Level 4
Level 4

Post by Lizzy »

incorrect those Freedom Fighters where in "Sonic Spinball"
mtwinny wrote:Off topic but, why are there so many Sonic cartoons to begin with?

Back on topic (sort of) some of the things I enjoy from AoSTH was the ridiculous memes that came with it, Sonic's voice actor, and nostaliga....yup.
Jeleel white .... I wanna hug him ^^ <3
Reknoc
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Reknoc »

mtwinny wrote:Off topic but, why are there so many Sonic cartoons to begin with?

Well Dic made a living pretty much off video game based Cartoons. Not really sure who thought the Archie and Underground stuff was a good idea though. I guess SatAM came from the logical progression of comic to cartoon.
Twinny
News Team
News Team
Preferred pronouns: He/Him

Post by Twinny »

Lizzy wrote:Jeleel white .... I wanna hug him ^^ <3
Gotta Speed Kneed! BTW try not to double-post...
Radio:SEGA: Gang Since October 2010

Kaito-kun
Level 15
Level 15
Preferred pronouns: He/Him/They

Post by Kaito-kun »

TheChaosBlue wrote:This about Sally right? Okay then...

Sally is official, as her character is owned by Sega, but only within the Sonic Archie continuity I believe. By the video-game standards, she's non-existant.
Comic only? So not worth mentioning then. Gotcha. Settled.
TheChaosBlue wrote:She's a mess of a character throughout the years I give it that...a God-Mode Sue if you will. However, I feel she has an important part to the comic series.
Yep, definitely not worth mentioning then. Let's move on and leave this section of the conversation to the mists of time forever more.