Welcome to RadioSEGA, if you are not a member register today!

RadioSEGA
  • News & Features
  • Playlist & Requests
  • Listen to RadioSEGA
  • Shows & Podcasts
  • RadioSEGA Media
  • Community
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Sonic ***** Team ****** Quills on Wheels's Avatar

I've gotta say, while I'm not big Megaman fan, I would have preferred if the comics were for Megaman X. I always like that version better... And that other version which was a TV series... what was it called? NT Warriors?

Quote Originally Posted by Quills on Wheels View Post
    And that other version which was a TV series... what was it called? NT Warriors?
    Yeah, it was based on the Battle Network continuity. I remember it.

Quote Originally Posted by Quills on Wheels View Post
    I've gotta say, while I'm not big Megaman fan, I would have preferred if the comics were for Megaman X. I always like that version better... And that other version which was a TV series... what was it called? NT Warriors?
    That anime was based on the Manga of the same name. Prob why they didnt make a comic on it

Sonic ***** Team ****** Quills on Wheels's Avatar

I see. Yeah it was a good show I remember watching it as a kid. Never actually watched the original Megaman shows.

So, the Archie comics (not comic's) are coming to an end and there will be a new publisher. I've not read a single one, and really only saw the UK Sonic the Comic preview that came in Mean Machines SEGA.

Are there any decent ones worth looking back at?

Quote Originally Posted by RetroBob View Post
    So, the Archie comics (not comic's) are coming to an end and there will be a new publisher. I've not read a single one, and really only saw the UK Sonic the Comic preview that came in Mean Machines SEGA.

Are there any decent ones worth looking back at?
    Even though the prior run is like, what, 20 odd issues long, the Super Genesis Wave/post-soft reboot from Worlds Collide on is what many would say is a nice starting point. If you want to go further back though, start around 162-165 when Ian Flynn became head writer and go on from there.

Even if you're not a fan of Mega Man, I'd recommend reading the World's Collide series. A pretty good crossover from both the Sonic and MM perspective and some good writing all round. Perfect length too as you can probably get through all of the issues in just over an hour. The sequel series, World's Unite, despite featuring a ton of SEGA characters that were abscent from the first one, wasn't as good in my opinion, as the writing seemed to focus around "HEY! There's this character, and this character!" rather than telling a coherant story.
    Host of Topical Resort - Your #1 Discussion and Topic Based Show! Fridays at 7PM GMT

Ex-Host of The Dreamcast Hour - Talking about the best of SEGA's Final Console!

Catch me talking nonsense at twitter.com/TheGreenViper8.

Banned

My personal favourites were from Sonic Universe.
    I'd recommend reading the Silver saga and the Silver age, the Shadow saga, and the Shadow the hedgehog 2 arc/the dark trilogy part 1 (also known as Shadow Fall). The Scourge arc was really good as well.
    In the main series, I liked 160 and 161, and also 171. And the moebius arc with the suppression squad was really good as well.
    Tbh my favourite issues/arcs were the ones with Silver, Shadow or Fiona, they were my favourite characters.

IT'S NO USE!!! SilverDaHedgehog's Avatar

I actually really liked the Archie comics. I loved all the characters. I'm a hardcore Sonic fan. So expect me to like everything Sonic like. Except Sonic Boom.