Welcome to RadioSEGA, if you are not a member register today!

RadioSEGA
  • News & Features
  • Playlist & Requests
  • Listen to RadioSEGA
  • Shows & Podcasts
  • RadioSEGA Media
  • Community
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by Killer French Bread View Post
    It's not that great, its' just one of those random battle RPG type things where you only have to hammer attack until you run out of health - then you do a cure or whatever. Now you do this a grillion times. Gruelling. I completed it but swore I'd never play another of these type of games again. Graphics and music are good at least.
    No wonder why you don't like RPGs. But yeah, a syndrome in many of these games.

I would like to try it only because of the value of the game, why is this popular in the SEGA fandom.

Wow, that's a thought I didn't think of.

KFB: I understand what you mean, but it happens to be like that in many games you know. I have yet to encounter a shmup or fps where you DON'T hammer attack until you die

its just a thing about these sorts of rpgs, either you're the "levelling up for the sake of levelling up" type of guy or you better stay away as far as you can from it. for me personally the beauty of such a game lies exactly therein, I HAVE to max out every stat, spell & get every object in the game or I am unsatisfied with it...

Can't get excited for this even if it does turn out to be true. Can't trust SEGA not to fuck it by releasing:

The DC version
    The DC version + additional GC content as paid for DLC

Would love SEGA to prove me wrong.

Well i'll give this game a try but if there is one thing i learnt from the Batman movies. Don't trust all the hype about it being 'amazing'

It's nice, somewhat a above standard RPG.
    Midnight Illusion ~Livin' into the speed

"The Gale Racer"

I remember loving the demo so much - even though the randomised positioning would often nerf you for no reason. Not the best of RPGs but SoA remake will be a day 1 purchase for me, if only for nostalgia!

I haven't played this game before....what is it about?heh...but I am not even fond of RPG games
    Last edited by Twinny; 11-09-2012 at 01:12. Reason: No double-posting please, thx~!

Dc Pad

I remember playing Skies of Arcadia via a friends copy of the game. Because it was so hard to find (sold out) at the time. And what I did enjoy for a weekend was a fun rpg that I haven't played in a long time. With another game called Final Fantasy, it felt like it had the same roots, yet it was a bit more fun with the timed attacks.

QTE wasn't just the key part of gameplay, but knowing strengths and weaknesses. Sure the graphics were a bit subpar, but it was a neat experience worth playing. If re-touched, I can only imagine how different the game could be. But the engine I'm sure has aged pretty well. Here's to some positive hope.