Welcome to RadioSEGA, if you are not a member register today!

RadioSEGA
  • News & Features
  • Playlist & Requests
  • Listen to RadioSEGA
  • Shows & Podcasts
  • RadioSEGA Media
  • Community
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Dc Gender & Sexuality In Gaming

Last edited by Crow; 24-04-2020 at 09:20.

Quote Originally Posted by huntergemini View Post
    Well there's also a gay male character and a bisexual male as well.

Why can't all game developers be like Sega when it comes to this kind of stuff?
    If the gay male is the one I think it is, and considering any gay characters in the Yakuza franchise, I don't think developers should be like SEGA when it comes to homosexuality in a game.

The problem is the game industry is still incredibly immature when it comes to that. And that's the western developers, Japan are even worse.

Quote Originally Posted by Reknoc View Post
    The problem is the game industry is still incredibly immature when it comes to that. And that's the western developers, Japan are even worse.
    I found out that this generation they seem to pander to the teenage boys with dating sims and the like moreso then original games like yesteryear. (The Japanese industry)

What is ironic is that Katawa Shoujo (A visual novel eroge) was made internationally and is better then most Japanese VNs that are Otome, Eroge AND Nukages combined!?! And it's free! 0_0

I mean...I am not a fan of the stuff myself but I found it really awesome.

Default Sexuality In Gaming

Decided to make a brand new thread based from the discussion form the Favorite SEGA game thread, as per Gavvie said makes for an interesting discussion. You may continue~ :D
    Last edited by Twinny; 04-12-2012 at 21:49.
    RadioSEGA member since October 2010

Pudding!!

Quote Originally Posted by Starlight View Post
    What is ironic is that Katawa Shoujo (A visual novel eroge) was made internationally and is better then most Japanese VNs that are Otome, Eroge AND Nukages combined!?! And it's free! 0_0
    A part of that being it's already in English. Key factor there.

The industry still shys away from female lead characters. Sexuality probably shouldn't even be considered while publishers can even sort out gender equality.

Quote Originally Posted by Starlight View Post
    I found out that this generation they seem to pander to the teenage boys with dating sims and the like moreso then original games like yesteryear. (The Japanese industry)

I mean...I am not a fan of the stuff myself but I found it really awesome.
    What, exactly, makes it better than other VN's? It looks exactly the same as every other VN.

edit: actually none of that makes sense, VN's have always been popular and probably the most commonly made game in Japan (because it likely easy to make them)

Jim Sterling has written a quite amazing article about Nathan Drake from the Uncharted series making a good gay character. I don't see it coming, but he has the potential to come out. My favorite part is where Sterling is talking about mindfucking homophobic players with their hero coming out as a fag

http://www.destructoid.com/why-nathan-drake-would-make-a-fantastic-homosexual-218743.phtml
    ----Always look beyond your eyes with your song----
    Visit my website: Ecco the Dolphin: Caverns of Hope

Pudding!!

The industry still shys away from female lead characters. Sexuality probably shouldn't even be considered while publishers can even sort out gender equality.
    Eh? It does? O.o

The only three female leads that really jump to my mind would be old Lara Croft, Samus Aran and Chell from Portal.

When you think about it, the original Portal doesn't feature any male characters at all which I think's pretty interesting. (Unless you count Rattman)

Makes you realised how male dominated this industry is. It's a shame; I sometimes prefer playing as female characters.