Does anyone care for smaller console sizes for the next generation?

Non-SEGA? Shove your general gaming posts in here...
Gonic
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Gonic »

Reknoc wrote:I'd rather next gen improve the games themselves by not being based on ancient hardware, but hey much better to have a pretty box under my TV I guess?
I didnt say anything about the performance of a console did i? Of course id rather have a more powerful console or whatever in my room. But as i stated before, most of the time i just deal with the bad design and buy it anyway. Size has never been an issue with consoles for me.
Reknoc
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Reknoc »

Gonic wrote:I didnt say anything about the performance of a console did i? Of course id rather have a more powerful console or whatever in my room. But as i stated before, most of the time i just deal with the bad design and buy it anyway. Size has never been an issue with consoles for me.
That wasn't directed at you. Just this thread seems to be less about actual next-gen consoles and more about a new PS3-slim.
Gonic
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Gonic »

Reknoc wrote:That wasn't directed at you. Just this thread seems to be less about actual next-gen consoles and more about a new PS3-slim.
Ah fair enough. Apologies for that last post then. Its just it seem directed at me after i mentioned designs of consoles xD
Starlight
Level 8
Level 8

Post by Starlight »

Kaito-kun wrote:Doesn't bother me in the slightest. Big, small, as long as it's not the size of a houseboat then I'm not fussed.
That's what she sai- Okay I'll stop right there. :P

Japan need smaller consoles for their chibi houses though. XD
Killer French Bread wrote:small as possible please. It's always good to save space and my 360 has been kicked over so many times when playing multiplayer games with drunk people.
I think the design of the 360's motherboards made it cause the RRoDs for people...being smaller wasn't an option for those guys...even the "slim" isn't small.

Should any Next Gen console be small enough to look like a Dreamcast, no dubt SEGA fans will be shouting "IT'S DREAMCAST 2 IN DISGUISE!"
Matty
Level 14
Level 14

Post by Matty »

I liked the big beefy look of the PS3, it gave it a sense of authority & its presence loomed over everything else.

I don't care much for the specs, reason being is that this current gen (can't speak for Xbox, but i know PS3) Still has a lot to offer, compare release date games to the newer titles, the difference is amazing, if dev's actually built a game for a particular console & didn't make it easy to port to other consoles then i feel the next gen isn't really needed.

Although saying that hardware has leapt forward massively in the past few years, to think my phone is more powerful than the pc i was using back then, And could compare to a mid range gaming pc (1.4ghz quad core, 1GB ram & a quad core GPU)
Quills on Wheels
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Quills on Wheels »

Don't care much about the size. I'm more interested in how powerful it is.
I'd rather have something big with all sorts of features then something very small with the simplest features unavailable *cough* Wii Mini *cough*
TCB
Level 15
Level 15

Post by TCB »

Quills on Wheels wrote:Don't care much about the size. I'm more interested in how powerful it is.
I'd rather have something big with all sorts of features then something very small with the simplest features unavailable *cough* Wii Mini *cough*
It's pretty clear, at least from what I'm getting, is that the Wii Mini sucks.
Quills on Wheels
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Quills on Wheels »

Well yes, in the modern age, something that doesn't support online play is considered bad.

...not that the Wii was much good in online gameplay anyway.
TCB
Level 15
Level 15

Post by TCB »

Quills on Wheels wrote:Well yes, in the modern age, something that doesn't support online play is considered bad.

...not that the Wii was much good in online gameplay anyway.
I don't even mind the modern age notion of 'no online play = BADBADBAD' on the thing.
Starlight
Level 8
Level 8

Post by Starlight »

I think there is room to provide a Next gen experience whilst making the overall size of the console smaller.

The Gamecube, despite being weaker then the Xbox, was a pretty powerful console for it's small size vs the Original PS2 phat.

I wouldn't mind having the conosle balance my Model 2 Mega Drive either.