Welcome to RadioSEGA, if you are not a member register today!

RadioSEGA
  • News & Features
  • Playlist & Requests
  • Listen to RadioSEGA
  • Shows & Podcasts
  • RadioSEGA Media
  • Community
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Quote Originally Posted by Twinny View Post
    Basically what the Dreamcast had plus add onto it the features the PS2 had and would've made the former's lifespan last juuuuust a couple years longer.
    I wouldn't say a just a couple. Sony discontinued the PS2 in 2013 (or was it 2014, don't remember). Whichever the case pretty sure the dreamcast wouldn't have its lifespan cut out from the ps2 because it could play games AND DVDs for the price.

Jon the VGNerd

Quote Originally Posted by Whooa21 View Post
    I wouldn't say a just a couple. Sony discontinued the PS2 in 2013 (or was it 2014, don't remember). Whichever the case pretty sure the dreamcast wouldn't have its lifespan cut out from the ps2 because it could play games AND DVDs for the price.
    PS2 ended in 2013.

Quote Originally Posted by KC View Post
    Here's a fine example of that: Elysian Shadows
    Indeed thats the one i saw also Sonic Xtreme was tested short ago on Dreamcast emulation or was it the Dreamcast itself? I can't remember...

Quote Originally Posted by Sergadra View Post
    Indeed thats the one i saw also Sonic Xtreme was tested short ago on Dreamcast emulation or was it the Dreamcast itself? I can't remember...
    That was saturn

Ouh sorry my fail i don't know much about the project but thanks for correcting

I feel if the Dreamcast had that fabled DVD player functionality (which, as you know, uses the DVD-ROM format. Wasn't there issues along those lines in that the Dreamcast game disks used a different format) maaaaaaaybe it would have, what, 2-3 more years in its tank?

I don't think a DVD drive would have helped any, the reasons the PS2 slaughtered it are still there, publishers and developers would still have jumped ship and it'd still have sank.

So many memories with the Dreamcast. It was definitely an awesome system, I still play it today along with my genesis. Sadly I don't play my Saturn a whole lot because I have only few games and well they are kinda hard to come by especially price wise. It seems like the dreamcast wanted to just be ahead of everyone else and win haha. Kinda hard to explain but I am sure some of you know what I mean. Its thinking.