The Manic Monday Show - Announcements, Suggestions, General Stuff

The latest updates and comments on our Live Shows...
KC
Administrator
Administrator

The Manic Monday Show - Announcements, Suggestions, General Stuff

Post by KC »

Hello, everyone! A few hours ago, a new show premiered on RadioSEGA: The Manic Monday Show. Dedicated to starting off your week the best way possible, each week the show will focus on a specific word, phrase or expression and the playlist will be built around it.

Segments like Guest Top 5 and RadioSEGA's Request Chart make a return from RSTop40, and new segments like People's Choice and Chill Tracks of the Week will make for a varied episode every week.

To vote for the week's People's Choice segment, always follow this same link: radiose.ga/manicmondaychoice. The poll will go live a couple of hours before each show starts.

Apart from this, there's a weekly game called "Say My Name", which you can take part in if you're listening to the show LiVE. Every week, I'll pick a random SEGA character and give 4 different clues to its identity. The sooner you guess which character I'm talking about, the more points you earn. After a few weeks, the person on top of the leaderboards will win a prize (to be determined - both how many weeks and what prize).

I hope you enjoy this new show and keep your comments coming!

I'll update this first post with everyone's Say My Name scores each week. Season 5 final scores:
  • Rexy - 105
  • BrendOTron/EsperK - 95
  • OpusScience - 90
  • SarahRose96 - 75
  • Twinny - 70
  • Gum - 40
  • Verytex - 35
  • Jamie64326/INeedFruit - 30
  • Fostergraph - 25
  • Littlered615/DJLula/AIAI1980/Shadid/AlphaDog1996 - 20
  • TCB - 15
  • cdrom1019/Barak/kevinb1229/Ravsieg - 5
Congrats to Rexy and thanks to everyone who took part in the 5 editions of the game!
Alpha Dog 1996
Level 10
Level 10

Post by Alpha Dog 1996 »

I completely forgot about the show! DX I'll be there next week if I don't work
There can be only one Sonic! Metal Sonic is the real Sonic! Long live Metal Sonic!
Metal Sonic is the best! Death to all who oppose Metal Sonic! Metal Sonic rocks!

Twinny
News Team
News Team
Preferred pronouns: He/Him

Post by Twinny »

Alpha Dog 1996 wrote:I completely forgot about the show! DX I'll be there next week if I don't work
Best you get caught up~
Radio:SEGA: Gang Since October 2010

TCB
Level 15
Level 15

Post by TCB »

EDIT: Oops my bad I didn't read the OP fully.
Twinny
News Team
News Team

Post by Twinny »

TheChaosBlue wrote:I was lucky to even make it to the first show live. I'm going to miss at least an hour of it at least. For those who listen via podcast how would scoring be put into play, if at all?
I thought Say My Name is a live-only game? KC did say that it was, right? It's even in the OP lol.

TCB
Level 15
Level 15

Post by TCB »

Twinny wrote:I thought Say My Name is a live-only game? KC did say that it was, right? It's even in the OP lol.
Oh it is; I totally skimmed that part.
KC
Administrator
Administrator

Post by KC »

Yeah, I'm considering having a podcast exclusive version of it on special weeks for a chance at winning a prize as well. More news on that soo.
Alpha Dog 1996
Level 10
Level 10

Post by Alpha Dog 1996 »

I look forward to seeing this show tomorrow! I haven't seen it yet because of work and such but I don't work tomorrow so I should be there!
There can be only one Sonic! Metal Sonic is the real Sonic! Long live Metal Sonic!
Metal Sonic is the best! Death to all who oppose Metal Sonic! Metal Sonic rocks!

KC
Administrator
Administrator

Post by KC »

Episode 2 is in the bag, which means I've updated the leaderboards for Say My Name in the first post.

Also, due to some technical issues, the podcast is gonna be available later than usual this week. Apologies!

In other news, as stated during this week's show, here are the plans for the next few shows:
  • 14th September: 'Desert'
  • 21st September: 'Animals'
  • 28th September: ???
  • 5th October: 'Colours'
Haven't mentioned this yet, but the final show of each month will not be a regular episode. It's gonna be either an "off-topic" show, which I'll fill with your requests and tracks of my choosing, or dedicated to a word/expression chosen by the listeners. More info on the final episode of September on next week's show.
Twinny
News Team
News Team

Post by Twinny »

If there's no Baku Baku Animal in the Animals episode I'll cry. xD