SEGATHON 3: Raising Money for Marie Curie!

The latest updates and comments on our Live Shows...
Twinny
News Team
News Team
Preferred pronouns: He/Him

Post by Twinny »

So much refreshing on the Just Giving page right now. xD
Radio:SEGA: Gang Since October 2010

Mikhail24RD
Level 5
Level 5

Post by Mikhail24RD »

Twinny wrote:So much refreshing on the Just Giving page right now. xD
#GottaRefreshFast
Rolling Start!!!! :segasports:
Gavvie
Show DJ
Show DJ

Post by Gavvie »

So, it looks like the stretch goals past £1000 aren't going to be attainable - there's possibly a number of reasons for this but I'm not going to try and look into them too much, I'm just going to try and raise as much as I can manage.

Some people have suggested trying to get the message across in the /r/brony and /r/gamemusic sub-reddits - if anybody has a Reddit account and wants to give it a go, I'd be very grateful. Granted, we should've done this a long time ago, but again, it's too late to do anything about that now.

I'll post a further update when SEGATHON 3 is done, but right now we're 13 hours in and we've raised £710, £864.70 when GiftAid is taken into account. As you can see, £5000 is a little out of reach without massive amounts of outside help... XD
Twinny
News Team
News Team

Post by Twinny »

Never would I thought I reach out the the My Little Pony community to get this event out.
Click to reveal

TitaniumOnMars
Level 1
Level 1

Post by TitaniumOnMars »

Hey guys! I just wanted to let you know I spoke to Hideki Naganuma this morning. He said he'd share your links later today. Though I don't know how much "later" he meant... He's usually a good man for re-tweeting and such.

Anyway, I really hope you manage to get to £1000 at least.

Good luck for the final stretch! I enjoyed listening in when I was able to today. ^_^
Sergadra
Dev Team
Dev Team

Post by Sergadra »

We got the 1500$ i am so proud of you Gavvie and on our Radio Station :}
Alpha Dog 1996
Level 10
Level 10

Post by Alpha Dog 1996 »

I'm glad I could be here for as long as I could. :) I am also glad to have donated! (Even if it was only $17)
There can be only one Sonic! Metal Sonic is the real Sonic! Long live Metal Sonic!
Metal Sonic is the best! Death to all who oppose Metal Sonic! Metal Sonic rocks!

TCB
Level 15
Level 15

Post by TCB »

Another done in the books. Man, looking all the way back at the first one in 2011 and see how far things have come is something. Just a year prior to SEGATHON 1 I was first aware of the site; the following year I signed up to the forums.

Just like the previous two events, it made the site as a whole stronger. New faces, old ones, coming together to help support a cause. Once again Gav you knocked it out of the park. Yeah the mindset as you admitted may have strayed a bit off, but even then what matters is that we're giving awareness for a good cause. You doing this thrice now is an amazing feat, and as a member of this community I'm honored to have taken part for all three.

Really, being in the IRC with new faces felt kinda surreal as far as my time as a member...man I feel a bit old seeing I'm part of the 'Liveshow' era V1 of people who joined the site. Noot Noot and Juan Cena shoutout.

..Now please, go sleep. Although you don't need me to tell you that. lol
Twinny
News Team
News Team

Post by Twinny »

Good job everyone. Congrats Gavvie on what I think was a successful SEGATHON 3. The target amount may not been reached but the support was there. For that, congrats everyone else who contributed through donating or spreading the word.

Awinnerwasyou
News Team
News Team

Post by Awinnerwasyou »

Great job! It may have fallen slightly short of the amount we raised in SEGATHON 2, but $1500 is nothing to be sniffed at for sure! So congratulations to Gavvie and everyone else who made it happen. Sounds like I missed one hell of a show, too!

Why doesn't this keyboard have a pound sign?