Welcome to RadioSEGA, if you are not a member register today!

RadioSEGA
  • News & Features
  • Playlist & Requests
  • Listen to RadioSEGA
  • Shows & Podcasts
  • RadioSEGA Media
  • Community
Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011
    Sonic ***** Team ****** Quills on Wheels's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Been a while and some new info has been popping up here and there. Figured I'd update this thread and maybe spark some conversation.

That mysterious new Sonic racing game has been revealed. Introducing, Team Sonic Racing, scheduled for release this winter. You can check out the new teaser trailer, (Yes I said teaser trailer... the game still hasn't received a proper trailer.) featuring Sonic riding a revamped version of his iconic All stars racing car and versing Shadow in an all new edgy version of Sonic's car.

The reception seems to be generally fine. The game is going to be made by Sumo Digital who were responsible for All Stars Racing Transformed which did a great job as a racer. From the trailer as well as leaked screenshots thanks to Wal-mart, it's clear that this is meant as the next spiritual sequel to All Stars racing, except that all the other franchises are now kicked out of the game and it's been re branded.

Some people were bummed out that the reveal trailer was just another teaser trailer. Others were disappointed that the game ended up having little to do with Sonic R which shares the same R font for their titles and was teased in the previous teaser trailer.

I just really REALLY want them to release the full song for that guitar track they played in the trailer.

Thoughts?

Thank god this game is being made by Sumo! I will play for sure as I LOVED Transformed and frankly would have been happy with a Switch version of that.

Goes without saying, hopefully Richard Jacques is involved.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by RetroBob View Post
    Thank god this game is being made by Sumo! I will play for sure as I LOVED Transformed and frankly would have been happy with a Switch version of that.

Goes without saying, hopefully Richard Jacques is involved.
    Yeah I was a bit fan of Transformed too and almost got into it competitively.
    Sega's been very hush-hush, wink-wink, nudge-nudge about the song from the teaser trailer and Aaron Webber has been hyping the song up in tweets and replies to comments in the youtube video. Some also say the guitar track feels very nostalgic of Crush 40. Here's fingers crossed that it's officially their return to Sonic music.

I've been keeping up to date with the new IDW Sonic comics too recently and it's been pretty decent so far. With 6 issues out, it's building the world set out by Sonic Forces and making it really interesting.

Blog Entries

Read this one USGamer staffer's preview of the game and there some things I pointed out on Twitter:

"A major change is hinted at in the game's title: 'Team Sonic Racing' can be played solo, but you're always racing in a team. Each team is comprised of three characters who race in tandem."
    So Sonic Heroes Racing basically.

"Using team actions slowly fills up your team's Ultimate meter. Once it's full, you can pull off your Team Ultimate, which is essentially like powering up your entire squad with Invincible Stars from Mario Kart."
    I'm sure Crash Nitro Kart also utilized that same function in where if close to your teammate, your Team Frenzy meter would build up and when it's full it unlocks the ability to unleash many weapons for a limited time.

"Items in Team Sonic Racing are all based on the Wisps first introduced in Sonic Colors. They come in 14 varieties with offensive and defensive applications."
    Welcome back, Wisp Announcer.
    Having a dandy signature...now that's the dandy way...

Radio
    SEGA member since October 2010!

I'm confident that Sumo can make another good kart game. My only gripe about Transformed was the awful rubber banding the game had.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Twinny View Post
    Read this one USGamer staffer's preview of the game and there some things I pointed out on Twitter:

So Sonic Heroes Racing basically.

I'm sure Crash Nitro Kart also utilized that same function in where if close to your teammate, your Team Frenzy meter would build up and when it's full it unlocks the ability to unleash many weapons for a limited time.

Welcome back, Wisp Announcer.
    Interesting. I'd heard people theorizing that the game was going to be like Sonic Heroes but it's interesting to see it actually be true. Gameplay footage is also out now and it all looks as you except. Essentially Sonic All Stars racing 3 without the all stars. I'm gonna feel right at home.

My only gripe with this is the small selection of characters. Normally 15 racers doesn't sound too bad but if you're bundling them into groups of 3 for each race, that means you've only really got 5 teams to choose from.

Also I still have my unpopular opinion that I dislike the wisps and think they're a wasted opportunity to re-integrate the Chao back into the game. It kind of sucks to look at screenshots and see chao reduced to just audience in the crowd.